Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-24-2013, 06:05 PM   #31
Money 23
Samurai Swoosh

Money 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this board
Default Re: GOAT Full Court and Half Court players? Players who excelled in both styles of play?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpliii
lol well as I said on the first page, who's your #2 for each?
Half Court exclusive, that I've seen? Not including beastly post players like Hakeem, Chuck, Shaq, Malone, Duncan

If it's just perimeter players, than the best half court players I've seen are Iverson, Kobe, Wade, T-Mac, CP3, Rose, Marbury, Baron Davis, Penny, G. Hill, Nash, Gary Payton

The best perimeter full court players I've seen, besides LeBron: Pippen, Wade, and Kidd spring to mind.

But you asked for players that excelled at both full and half court. I said Jordan because he was equally dominant in both. There was no holes in his game from either perspective. For as dominant as LeBron is in the full court ... I still see flaws in his half court game.
Money 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 06:14 PM   #32
fpliii
sick of agendas...

fpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: GOAT Full Court and Half Court players? Players who excelled in both styles of play?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money 23
Half Court exclusive, that I've seen? Not including beastly post players like Hakeem, Chuck, Shaq, Malone, Duncan

If it's just perimeter players, than the best half court players I've seen are Iverson, Kobe, Wade, T-Mac, CP3, Rose, Marbury, Baron Davis, Penny, G. Hill, Nash, Gary Payton

The best perimeter full court players I've seen, besides LeBron: Pippen, Wade, and Kidd spring to mind.

But you asked for players that excelled at both full and half court. I said Jordan because he was equally dominant in both. There was no holes in his game from either perspective. For as dominant as LeBron is in the full court ... I still see flaws in his half court game.

Good stuff. Dominance in both sets was part of what I asked in the OP, but I was just trying to drive conversation. This topic isn't talked about terribly often, so any and all insights contribute to the discussion.

fpliii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 06:21 PM   #33
Overdrive
Local High School Star

Overdrive is considered somewhat coolOverdrive is considered somewhat cool

David Robinson was great in both. Basically could run the break from the rebound to the finish, could take you to the post but also spot up from the midrange.
Overdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 06:22 PM   #34
pauk
NBA Legend

pauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation here

Full court:

1. Lebron James -
Freaky combination of strength/vertical/speed/quickness/agility at about 6'9-260 accompanied with PG ballhandling skills and premier vision, passing skills, scoring skills and the fact that he is equally dangerous as a full court defender aswell... makes him the most dangerous full court/open court player i ever seen....

2. Magic Johnson -
Like Lebron, with less athleticism/defense but with the best vision/passing ever.

3. Michael Jordan -
He could do it all and was a freak athlete himself.

Half court:

1. Michael Jordan -
I dont think i need to explain why... or?

2. Shaquille Oneal -
See above.

3. Larry Bird -
Premier vision, passing, shooting, scoring arsenal, IQ, intangibles... he would hurt you in any way he wanted to, any god damn day....

Last edited by pauk : 02-24-2013 at 06:43 PM.
pauk is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: