Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-23-2013, 07:09 PM   #1
enayes
Decent college freshman

enayes is considered somewhat coolenayes is considered somewhat cool
Default rim/hubcap car question

I have a 1998 Subaru Impreza and I'm going for the bare/spray painted black rim look. My back tires currently have bare black rims without hubcaps. My front tires have the orginal chrome/silver Subaru rims. I thought I would be able to remove these to expose a bare black one as I would like them to match but it appears I was a bit confused between rims/hubcaps.

I'm guessing I would have to take my car into a shop, have the nice silver rims removed and replace them with a cheap "bare" rim that I could then spraypaint.

I was thinking I might be able to sell the original rims, but I'm not sure if the whole process would be worth it/make sense. What do you guys think?
enayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 12:45 PM   #2
enayes
Decent college freshman

Default Re: rim/hubcap car question

I know it's a pretty stupid question but I'm sure someone can help me out.
Old 02-24-2013, 01:12 PM   #3
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Since you insist, my advice would be to stop worrying about putting lipstick on a pig and bank that money towards something actually worthwhile, like future maintenance. You have a $1,000 car. Just make sure it runs instead of trying (and failing) to make it look good.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 01:18 PM   #4
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

And you can buy bare black wheels to match for pretty cheap, no need to spray paint. Sounds like your car has winter rims on the back. Go online and search Impreza winter wheels if you're really set on doing this. Just make sure they're the same size as the wheels on there right now, otherwise you'll be buying new tires to go along with your new wheels.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 02:02 PM   #5
nathanjizzle
OG

nathanjizzle has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsnathanjizzle has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsnathanjizzle has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsnathanjizzle has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsnathanjizzle has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsnathanjizzle has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these parts

let me get this straight, you want to swap out oem alloy rims for donuts? if so go to the junkyard and find your self some. shouldnt cost more than 25 bucks a wheel.
nathanjizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 03:23 PM   #6
enayes
Decent college freshman

thanks for the advice, I'm just interested in doing cheap little adjustments every now and then to spice up the car a bit. I'm leaning towards leaving it as is now but we'll see.
Old 02-24-2013, 03:38 PM   #7
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
Since you insist, my advice would be to stop worrying about putting lipstick on a pig and bank that money towards something actually worthwhile, like future maintenance. You have a $1,000 car. Just make sure it runs instead of trying (and failing) to make it look good.

My thoughts exactly.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 06:25 PM   #8
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I would definitely advise against spraypainting them. My cousin tried to paint his black and it just doesn't look right when his car is clean. The shines just look noticeably different

I bought some black wheels for my car this past summer cuz they were on sale when i bought my new tires. I think I ended up getting 4 tires and 4 wheels for like $1200 total which isn't bad.

But at this point I'd say listen to JDG
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: