Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-28-2013, 04:58 PM   #31
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Top 20 Cities For Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by miller-time
Anyone got a decent recipe for making dough and sauce?
i will hopefully get back to you later in the year.

spent a long time making crappy home pizza and was starting to get better by the end, mainly by not stressing on the yeast-rising aspect and just going for the thin, almost (but not quite) crackery crust. but then i got distracted by other stuff for a long time.

anyway, next step is to get myself firebrick and heat-resistant ceramic for my oven to simulate the super-hot dedicated-pizza oven taste. with the ultra-fresh ingredients and the 3-4 minute cooking time, tops.

heaven on a slice and actually pretty good for the health system. that is the critical combo i'm looking for.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 05:30 PM   #32
kNicKz
College superstar

kNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected poster

No New Haven on the list?

lol.... I'm sure los angeles has better pizza than Frank Pepe's.....what
kNicKz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 05:35 PM   #33
IamRAMBO24
NBA lottery pick

IamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Down my block we have a place call "Little Caesars." The chain is best known for its "Hot-N-Ready" pizzas, large pizzas with popular toppings. Crazy Bread, eight bread sticks covered in garlic spread and Parmesan cheese, is also a staple item on their menu and a popular side-dish.

The food there is amazing. If some of you are lucky enough to come across it, I highly recommend you give it a shot. It's not too expensive and you won't regret it.
IamRAMBO24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 06:05 PM   #34
Budadiiii
Banned

Budadiiii has an incredible reputation hereBudadiiii has an incredible reputation hereBudadiiii has an incredible reputation hereBudadiiii has an incredible reputation hereBudadiiii has an incredible reputation hereBudadiiii has an incredible reputation hereBudadiiii has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamRAMBO24
Down my block we have a place call "Little Caesars." The chain is best known for its "Hot-N-Ready" pizzas, large pizzas with popular toppings. Crazy Bread, eight bread sticks covered in garlic spread and Parmesan cheese, is also a staple item on their menu and a popular side-dish.

The food there is amazing. If some of you are lucky enough to come across it, I highly recommend you give it a shot. It's not too expensive and you won't regret it.
Little Caesers is actually better than 99% of the pizza joints in the world.
Taste, Price, Convenience. Hard to beat. Good post.
Budadiiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:44 PM   #35
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

KevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaqAttack3234
All I'll say is that Greenpoint has incredible pizza. Never lived there, but the pizza is good shit. Of course, *Archie Bunker voice* you pass enough Polacks on the street, but the pizza is ****ing good.

Where in Greenpoint?

I just discovered some of the Polish markets there. One place is amazingly good and cheap, but I only get someone who speaks English about a third of time that I go there. Ended up with some Canadian bacon when I trying for this awesome Polish smoked pork loin.
KevinNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 08:08 AM   #36
miller-time
NBA sixth man of the year

miller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
i will hopefully get back to you later in the year.

spent a long time making crappy home pizza and was starting to get better by the end, mainly by not stressing on the yeast-rising aspect and just going for the thin, almost (but not quite) crackery crust. but then i got distracted by other stuff for a long time.

anyway, next step is to get myself firebrick and heat-resistant ceramic for my oven to simulate the super-hot dedicated-pizza oven taste. with the ultra-fresh ingredients and the 3-4 minute cooking time, tops.

heaven on a slice and actually pretty good for the health system. that is the critical combo i'm looking for.

When I was overseas both in New York and Europe I had some of the best pizzas ever. The best I've ever had was actually at an Italian restaurant in Paris. Pizza in Australia is very ordinary, so I've decided to learn to make my own. Just need a starting point, I've never really cooked from scratch before (except for roast dinners and curries). I usually just buy a base and pre made sauce - but they aren't getting the job done
miller-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:29 AM   #37
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by miller-time
When I was overseas both in New York and Europe I had some of the best pizzas ever. The best I've ever had was actually at an Italian restaurant in Paris. Pizza in Australia is very ordinary, so I've decided to learn to make my own. Just need a starting point, I've never really cooked from scratch before (except for roast dinners and curries). I usually just buy a base and pre made sauce - but they aren't getting the job done
hah, paris! i was too busy wolfing down the rustic blue plates, wine and cheese to even think of that. i did have really nice thin artichoke pizza in firenze, once, but that was a long time ago and i can't remember it very well. my euro trips were far too short. :/

how about this- have you tried making white pizza with fresh tomato slices, fresh basil, spinach and olive oil? as in, put the sauce and cheese aside for a moment and see if that helps. or maybe just use a little bit of hard grating cheese to add the savory and salt you want.

from what i've read in the past, original pizza was more like thin bread with some herbs and olive oil on top. only later did massive amounts of cheese and tomato sauce start to get added, and i'm not convinced it was really such a great move...
Old 03-01-2013, 11:33 AM   #38
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes

from what i've read in the past, original pizza was more like thin bread with some herbs and olive oil on top. only later did massive amounts of cheese and tomato sauce start to get added, and i'm not convinced it was really such a great move...

Still exists. Called flatbreads now.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 12:23 PM   #39
reppy
Apparently likes anime

reppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamRAMBO24

Around where I live they have a $5 walk-in large pizza deal. That is amazing when all you want is a large pepperoni pizza for dirt cheap and you don't want to make it.
reppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 12:36 PM   #40
gigantes
A piece of fluff

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
Still exists. Called flatbreads now.
right, but how many places can you get it fresh-baked? the packaged kind has pretty much zero chance of matching even crappy pizza IME.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: