Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-04-2013, 09:27 AM   #3151
Toizumi
veteran savvy

Toizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: MMA Discussion/News thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
Eh, the Japanese tend to follow every consonant with a vowel, looks pretty straightforward to me.

I know they do, but I thought it was funny anyway. I'm at work, so can't do youtube, but Chris D'lia has a funny standup about how Japanese people pronounce things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
Oh, God no, I always hated that screaming banshee. She was awfully annoying. If you want extravagant entrances then go watch pro wrestling. Outside of entrance music, what do they really need? I don't need some Japanese dude in a diaper banging a drum. I'm watching for the fights, not to see a guy walking to the ring with a bunch of lasers and smoke everywhere. That stuff works well for pro wrestling, where gimmicks are a big part of it, but it's just so unnecessary for MMA.

There's still a lot of fighters that come out of the tunnel very gimmicky, with masks or whatever. Although I usually find that stupid, I liked the Pride introductions with the big screen. I think it's fitting for such big events.
Of course, the fights are what's most important, but intro's can get you (well, me) pumped up for a fight, or even a basketball game. I'd take the Wanderlei Silva Pride entrances over the one he had this weekend anyday. I guess opinions differ on this. I really dislike pro wrestling by the way (yet respect the craft).
Toizumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 10:26 AM   #3152
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I don't mind the flashy entrances and there's some I really liked, but I don't think they're necessary at all. I prefer the simpler entrances like a crazyass Diego coming out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD0FnKcMSU0

or the hat stealing ones: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meEckTra3C0

or just seeing a badass come out from the back: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdNdeBd5qb4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HhFSNJdVbQ

or a guy coming out to a song I really like: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wThVG9FDfLA
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 02:00 PM   #3153
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
I don't mind the flashy entrances and there's some I really liked, but I don't think they're necessary at all. I prefer the simpler entrances like a crazyass Diego coming out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD0FnKcMSU0

or the hat stealing ones: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meEckTra3C0

or just seeing a badass come out from the back: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdNdeBd5qb4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HhFSNJdVbQ

or a guy coming out to a song I really like: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wThVG9FDfLA

My favorite GSP entrance. I wish he had used this song for his comeback at 154

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIcvSdPPhUo
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:27 AM   #3154
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Yeah, but he changes his song for every fight (I think I prefer his 111 entrance)

Looks like UFC 161 will have 2 nice LHW fights:
Shogun/Lil Nog rematch
Hendo/Evans
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:19 PM   #3155
ErhnamDjinn
“Homo homini lupus est

ErhnamDjinn is considered somewhat coolErhnamDjinn is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Yeah, but he changes his song for every fight (I think I prefer his 111 entrance)

Looks like UFC 161 will have 2 nice LHW fights:
Shogun/Lil Nog rematch
Hendo/Evans

yup nice upcoming fights.
ErhnamDjinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 01:03 PM   #3156
jaydacris
Rose

jaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

ill be going to ufc 161!

those are two nice LHW fights. pride rematch and evans/hendo, they will be hungry after both off of losses

i hear shields/woodley is also likely for that card.

main even to be announced, i have a gut feeling it will be mighty mouse defending his belt, (he wants to return mid june)
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 01:07 PM   #3157
The Macho Man
Randy Savage

The Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydacris
ill be going to ufc 161!

those are two nice LHW fights. pride rematch and evans/hendo, they will be hungry after both off of losses

i hear shields/woodley is also likely for that card.

main even to be announced, i have a gut feeling it will be mighty mouse defending his belt, (he wants to return mid june)

Sometimes I feel like I'm the only American here. Makes me feel heroic.
The Macho Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 01:11 PM   #3158
jaydacris
Rose

jaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Macho Man
Sometimes I feel like I'm the only American here. Makes me feel heroic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8zO_DV09QE

Old 03-06-2013, 01:11 PM   #3159
jaydacris
Rose

new reports:

Barao vs Wineland (probably) for UFC 161 main event

Anderson Silva vs Weidman for July 6
-weidman has been informed by ufc that he will be fighting silva on that date

*EDIT*: both are OFFICIAL

Last edited by jaydacris : 03-06-2013 at 01:31 PM.
Old 03-06-2013, 06:33 PM   #3160
Toizumi
veteran savvy

Toizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydacris
new reports:

Barao vs Wineland (probably) for UFC 161 main event

Anderson Silva vs Weidman for July 6
-weidman has been informed by ufc that he will be fighting silva on that date

*EDIT*: both are OFFICIAL

Kinda dissapointing to see Wineland get that titleshot. I hoped for Cruz to return soon of course, but apart from that, I got Wineland as an easy win for Barao. Also, I think he's not deserving. I like the new UFC rankings and Wineland being ranked as the no. 3 contender (not counting Cruz) is right with me. Faber is the no. 1 contender and I would rather see Barao/Faber II and Wineland/Jorgensen II. All are coming of wins so that's good and it's not like we've seen guys get titleshots after just one fight (Machida right?). They should switch it up.

Silva/Weidman I like. Let's get it over with. I say Silva doesn't play around with him and finishes him within a minute.
Toizumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 06:54 PM   #3161
Real Men Wear Green
BathFrog of Doom

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Some odd shit for you.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 08:12 PM   #3162
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

Brujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Overeem is out against JDS.

Last edited by Brujesino : 03-06-2013 at 08:15 PM.
Brujesino is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 08:23 PM   #3163
jaydacris
Rose

mark hunt says hes down, i have a feeling he will be the one to fight JDS
Old 03-06-2013, 09:48 PM   #3164
raiderfan19
Shazam!

raiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toizumi
Kinda dissapointing to see Wineland get that titleshot. I hoped for Cruz to return soon of course, but apart from that, I got Wineland as an easy win for Barao. Also, I think he's not deserving. I like the new UFC rankings and Wineland being ranked as the no. 3 contender (not counting Cruz) is right with me. Faber is the no. 1 contender and I would rather see Barao/Faber II and Wineland/Jorgensen II. All are coming of wins so that's good and it's not like we've seen guys get titleshots after just one fight (Machida right?). They should switch it up.

Silva/Weidman I like. Let's get it over with. I say Silva doesn't play around with him and finishes him within a minute.
Faber can't have every fight be for a title if he keeps losing. I have no problem with him waiting. He's had plenty of chances
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:04 PM   #3165
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brujesino
Overeem is out against JDS.

I'd just have JDS wait then. Reem's camp says he's sidelined for 4-5 weeks and will be ready to go by July. Their fight was scheduled for the end of May. I'd rather wait a month and a half and have them fight than settle for something else. We've been waiting a long time to see those two go at it.
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: