Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Cleveland Cavaliers Forum

Cleveland Cavaliers Forum Cleveland cavaliers message board - cleveland cavaliers fan forum

Old 01-04-2013, 11:22 AM   #1
chips93
NBA sixth man of the year

chips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation here
Default The Cavs backup power forward

luke walton has played in the cavs last 5 games, and averaged 22 mpg, hes 2/9 on three pointers, hes 11/30 from the field, he cant rebound, he cant play a lick of defense, yet he is playing ahead of guys with actual upside in kevin jones, and jon leuer.

how about casspi as our backup PF? hes bigger than luke, shoots it better, is a better athlete, and a better defender. all luke is better at is passing and basketball iq. casspi aswell, has some upside, but he has played all of 1 minute in the last 11 games.

per 36 minutes this year, omri is averaging 13 points, and 7 rebounds, while shooting 44% from deep. (per36 luke is getting 6 points, 6.5 boards, and 4.5 assists)

omir is averaging more rebounds per minute, despits playing as a 3, while luke is getting all his minutes as a 4.

id like to see byron at least try casspi as a 4. its far more plausible than luke as a 4.

i really dont understand how luke is still playing. FFS, byron had him guarding demarcus cousins a couple nights ago

after one of luke's many bricks against the kings, the television broadcast clearly picked up a fan, sarcastically jeer 'yeah, keep shooting luke!'. had me
chips93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 06:29 AM   #2
chips93
NBA sixth man of the year

chips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: The Cavs backup power forward

gotta admit i was wrong here, luke has been pretty solid as the backup pf. the bench has looked great since the memphis trade, with livingston and walton providing great ball movement, and getting scorers like speights and ellington great looks.

i havent watched the knick game yet, but luke had 12 assists, 2 turnovers, in 29 minutes. thats pretty incredible for a guy with his limited scoring ability, and very limited athleticism.

since the trade hes averaging 5.8 apg, his scoring, rebounding and defense are still pretty poor (although his jumper has looked a little better as of late), for a guy who was a throw in, to be getting any contribution from him is gravy.

as a sidenote, has any other player in the league thrown as many backwards, between-the-legs passes? i feel like hes got at least 5 this year, and i cant think of another player who has made one.

i couldnt find any videos of it from his time with the cavs, but its just like this one, except he has mostly done it for spot up shooters

Last edited by chips93 : 03-05-2013 at 06:31 AM.
chips93 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: