Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 02-22-2013, 07:59 PM   #16
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Dr.Funk has decent reputationDr.Funk has decent reputation
Default Re: Telfair to Toronto

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluerap
How is it that Portland lands Eric Maynor for absolutely nothing and we give up 2 assets for telfair?

We gave up a nobody and a future nobody to not have to play JLIII anymore. THat's a win in my books.
Dr.Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:17 PM   #17
Bcogswell
Raptors > You.

Bcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

He will be playing Monday against the Wizards. I just wonder if he will be the backup or our third string PG? You never know with Casey..
Bcogswell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 05:59 PM   #18
T-Low
College superstar

T-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat cool

I am really hoping that Telfair is our number 1 backup. We need someone to run that second unit. I didn't mind JL scoring ability but we need to be able to rely on the whole second unit instead of having someone try to take over a game and possibly fail. It will be the best for developing people like Ross for the factor that with someone distributing, his confidence and shot type might gradually increase and be better.
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 06:27 PM   #19
Bcogswell
Raptors > You.

Bcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Low
I am really hoping that Telfair is our number 1 backup. We need someone to run that second unit. I didn't mind JL scoring ability but we need to be able to rely on the whole second unit instead of having someone try to take over a game and possibly fail. It will be the best for developing people like Ross for the factor that with someone distributing, his confidence and shot type might gradually increase and be better.

Yeah I agree, we need someone out there running plays and getting easy looks for Ross Bargnani and whoever else is on the bench at the time. Lucas and Anderson out there at one time is a nightmare, its just a contest to see who can get more shots up before the get pulled off the floor.
Old 02-24-2013, 08:04 PM   #20
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Toni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat cool

I liked seeing him already congratulating the team in the tunnel after the win against the Knicks. Hopefully he doesn't become a distraction like he was before with his gun possession issues and is a good team guy.
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 01:08 AM   #21
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Soooooo about this trade again.

The Raptors traded a 2nd rounder for a player that will sit on the bench the rest of the year and leave the team in the offseason. That's just like burning a $5 bill. It's not much but what the hell is the point?

Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 07:52 AM   #22
Bcogswell
Raptors > You.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
Soooooo about this trade again.

The Raptors traded a 2nd rounder for a player that will sit on the bench the rest of the year and leave the team in the offseason. That's just like burning a $5 bill. It's not much but what the hell is the point?

Yeah if all we wanted him for was to be the 3rd string PG where he will only get minutes if Lowry or JL3 gets injured we should have just signed a D-Leaguer for the rest of the season and kept our pick.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:45 AM   #23
bluerap
Local High School Star

bluerap has decent reputation

he was insurance for our playoff run

seriously - everyone (media) says what a crafty business guy colangelo is, how he should stay on as President if not GM.

I run a business, and if I burned assets the way he does I would have gone under a long time ago.
bluerap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:03 PM   #24
EuroWise
GM Star

EuroWise has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluerap
he was insurance for our playoff run

seriously - everyone (media) says what a crafty business guy colangelo is, how he should stay on as President if not GM.

I run a business, and if I burned assets the way he does I would have gone under a long time ago.

Agree! He is just wastingdraft picks and rebuilding over rebuilding. And our top draft players DRozanand Bargnani won't play as starters almost in any NBA team.
No more Colangelo...pleaseeee
EuroWise is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: