Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 03-05-2013, 04:31 PM   #136
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Default Re: 2013 NFL Draft Discussion

Joeckle is the clear number 1 prospect for left tackles, IMO. You can't draft potential with a top 5 pick, IMO. Lane Johnson has more potential, but Joeckle has competed and played great against future and former first, second, third round picks at DE/OLB and done great overall, and has done it for a number of years.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 05:45 PM   #137
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

McShay tweeted that he thought Fisher could go #1 overall, that was after the combine but before KC franchised Albert

I believe he has Fisher ahead, or close enough to where it doesn't matter

Lane Johnson completely blew the combine up...his stock is huge right now, but perhaps he is more of the "potential/high upside with risk" side

it doesn't matter if the Eagles like Joeckle the best tough, because the other two are so close it would be really dumb to trade up for him...unless they just lose a late pick or something...but they wouldn't, they would have to give up their 2nd round pick to make that jump, and that is ridiculous in this draft.

I hope the Eagles do that, because I think it would set them back, but I don't see the gap between Joeckle and those others nearly big enough to do it.
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:58 PM   #138
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Anyone know if DT whose name I cant spell right now is cleared of his heart issue? Thought he was going to take care of that after the combine. Seems his stock has dropped and Floyd took him over as the first DT that could be taken. Thats another guy I wouldnt mind Eagles taking but that heart shyt eh

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
McShay tweeted that he thought Fisher could go #1 overall, that was after the combine but before KC franchised Albert

I believe he has Fisher ahead, or close enough to where it doesn't matter

Lane Johnson completely blew the combine up...his stock is huge right now, but perhaps he is more of the "potential/high upside with risk" side

it doesn't matter if the Eagles like Joeckle the best tough, because the other two are so close it would be really dumb to trade up for him...unless they just lose a late pick or something...but they wouldn't, they would have to give up their 2nd round pick to make that jump, and that is ridiculous in this draft.

I hope the Eagles do that, because I think it would set them back, but I don't see the gap between Joeckle and those others nearly big enough to do it.

First when did Albert get franchised? I thought that was Dwayne Bowe and you could only franchise one player. Correct me if I'm wrong altho I'm gonna google this news anyway.

Second why are you boosting up the combine results so damn much? So all of a sudden when Joeckle was the clear cut best LT in the draft. When many mocks including the site you religiously follow walterfootball has him as the #1 pick. It means nothing now after comebine workouts as 2 guys just emerge as good as him? Stop it. Those two helped their stock no question no argument. They didnt do enough to make anyone question, second guess Joeckle going #1. I agree with Carbine you dont draft potential top 5.

Third I dont want the Eagles to trade up for #1. I fully understand the arguments for Joeckle and in fact he is a guy I want. But I like some of the defensive playmakers in this draft just as much as him. So I'm torn, just dont want to give up more picks for Joeckle when I feel this is a draft that you could add some pieces where 3-4yrs down the road you the selections on how much you hit. So I agree with you on not making the leap. But my point stands and Eagles were just used as an example. We still have individual workouts with guys as well. I dont buy no one will trade up for the #1 in this years draft. Not at all. If it happens you will spend more time saying it was stupid than addressing what you initially said wouldnt happen.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:59 PM   #139
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Ok I just read they signed Bowe to a 5yr deal and tagged Albert. Interesting stuff.
Old 03-07-2013, 01:01 AM   #140
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
They already have a good right tackle who is 29 years old.

Take a difference maker up front like Shariff.
They cut their good RT
StateProperty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:59 AM   #141
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

I saw that. Hopefully we can grab him for cheap. Not sure what the Chiefs are thinking unless he has some type of huge injury concern nobody on the outside knows about.
Old 03-07-2013, 12:49 PM   #142
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
I saw that. Hopefully we can grab him for cheap. Not sure what the Chiefs are thinking unless he has some type of huge injury concern nobody on the outside knows about.
I guess they are thinking they are in love with a LT in the draft...probably a sign that Joeckle is going #1 overall, maybe a slight chance of Fisher
Old 03-07-2013, 12:51 PM   #143
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Albert, who received the franchise tag this week, was then asked by one of his followers if he'd move to right tackle to make room for Joeckel as the No. 1 overall pick in next month's draft.

"Nope," Albert replied.

looks like Joeckle might be playing his rookie year at RT though...
Old 03-08-2013, 05:06 AM   #144
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Eagles and Texans were first ones to contact him. A Peters/Winston/Kelce/Mathis/Herremans line would be one of the best in the league. His history with HOU along with him being from TEX gives them an advantage.
Old 03-10-2013, 08:38 AM   #145
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

How good is Dion Jordan from Oregon? He gets Julian Peterson, Aldon Smith comparisons
Old 03-10-2013, 03:19 PM   #146
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

I think his potential is top 5 worthy, but I'd only feel comfortable taking him in the 12-15 range.

I worry about his lanky frame in the run game, and his ability to have a power rush move to counter his speed.
Old 03-10-2013, 04:13 PM   #147
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
I think his potential is top 5 worthy, but I'd only feel comfortable taking him in the 12-15 range.

I worry about his lanky frame in the run game, and his ability to have a power rush move to counter his speed.

Gotcha.
Old 03-21-2013, 05:36 PM   #148
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Jarvis Jones ran a 4.92 40 at his pro day, along with an average broad jump and 20 bench reps. Prime candidate to fall in the draft.
Old 03-21-2013, 05:40 PM   #149
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Eagles can go so many ways with their pick its hard to guess. I believe their 1st option is Dion Jordan and 2nd is Milliner. Kelly spoke about how he likes bigger defenders. Both provide that. Jordan playing for Kelly at Oregon prob gives him the lead. I'd expect Trent Cole to be cut if we go that route.
Old 03-21-2013, 07:02 PM   #150
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateProperty
Eagles can go so many ways with their pick its hard to guess. I believe their 1st option is Dion Jordan and 2nd is Milliner. Kelly spoke about how he likes bigger defenders. Both provide that. Jordan playing for Kelly at Oregon prob gives him the lead. I'd expect Trent Cole to be cut if we go that route.

Dont rule out Fisher.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: