Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > College and High School Basketball Forum

College and High School Basketball Forum College basketball message board, high school basketball message board

Old 03-07-2013, 08:14 PM   #16
chips93
Very good NBA starter

Default Re: Shabazz Muhammad vs Ben McLemore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgz V2
Toronto!
He's really undersized but at worst case scenario i could see him being like a Jason Maxiell which is not terrible.

maxiell is undersized, but has stupidly long arms, so his short height isnt that big of a disadvantage. bennet surely isnt nearly as long as maxiell.
chips93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:07 PM   #17
Burgz V2
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chips93
maxiell is undersized, but has stupidly long arms, so his short height isnt that big of a disadvantage. bennet surely isnt nearly as long as maxiell.

Bennett according to DraftExpress has a 7-1 wingspan (measured at Nike Hoop Summit). Maxiell's is 7'3 thats not much of a difference.
Burgz V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 03:40 PM   #18
ace23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgz V2
you must be pretty young then, he's a pretty popular player from the 90s
Yeah, I saw that he averaged 22 and 11 one season was like . He has to be the best player I've never heard of.
ace23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 05:07 PM   #19
Burgz V2
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace23
Yeah, I saw that he averaged 22 and 11 one season was like . He has to be the best player I've never heard of.

one of the best players who was held back by injuries, he was a beast at UNLV, he was the number 1 overall pick in 91

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTwQ0qYUKvg
Old 03-08-2013, 05:57 PM   #20
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

Not sure on Shabazz's ceiling, but I think he's going to contribute right away in the NBA.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 06:00 PM   #21
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

You've never heard of Larry Johnson? You should check out some clips from that old Hornets squad... they were an exciting bunch.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 06:36 PM   #22
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

LJ has a few notable things about him. For one he's the best player on one of the truely great college teams of all time. That two year run from UNLV just isn't something you see anymore.

He was also the guy I remember sort of starting the JUCO trend. I don't remember a JUCO transfer coming in and really making an impact prior to him, and he's probably still the best JUCO transfer ever.

The other thing is that his popularity really skyrocketed with the Grandmama ads at the time. So he was sort of dispropationately popular for a short stretch for a guy who had a long productive, yet not star level career. Those of us who lived through those UNLV / Hornets years will probably always remember LJ as being the beast he was, where he's gonna be hard to look back at and get that same vibe.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 07:11 PM   #23
Burgz V2
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
LJ has a few notable things about him. For one he's the best player on one of the truely great college teams of all time. That two year run from UNLV just isn't something you see anymore.

He was also the guy I remember sort of starting the JUCO trend. I don't remember a JUCO transfer coming in and really making an impact prior to him, and he's probably still the best JUCO transfer ever.

The other thing is that his popularity really skyrocketed with the Grandmama ads at the time. So he was sort of dispropationately popular for a short stretch for a guy who had a long productive, yet not star level career. Those of us who lived through those UNLV / Hornets years will probably always remember LJ as being the beast he was, where he's gonna be hard to look back at and get that same vibe.

well his back injury severely limited his style of play in the latter half of his career. Had a stayed healthy he could have been a Karl Malone clone. I know personally I always associate him as the explosive LJ rather than the jumpshooter
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: