Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 03-01-2013, 12:52 PM   #16
scm5
Decent college freshman

scm5 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Practicing Handles

One of the best things I've done for my handles is buy/use a weighted training ball. You end up dribbling the ball much harder than you normally do, which in turn improves your handles significantly.

Going left was a little uncomfortable for me (I could still go left, just didn't like it) until I got my weighted training ball. Now it's like second nature to me.
scm5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 05:56 PM   #17
Pushxx
Anti-NBA Hipster

Pushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevieming
hmm, not sure I agree with that Kyrie Irving says he practised his handle by sticking the ball in a plastic bag.....

He was fucking around man. I saw when he said that. He shouldn't because young kids will go out and do that dumb shit.

Trust me. Muscle memory is too important.
Pushxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 03:01 PM   #18
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

StroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I believe that anything you do to make the drill more challenging will only make you better.
StroShow4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 04:34 AM   #19
stevieming
Serious playground baller

stevieming has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pushxx
He was fucking around man. I saw when he said that. He shouldn't because young kids will go out and do that dumb shit.

Trust me. Muscle memory is too important.

yeah you're probably right!
stevieming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:51 PM   #20
L3B120N J4M35
Decent playground baller

L3B120N J4M35 has decent reputationL3B120N J4M35 has decent reputation

anybody know any drills you could do with a tennis ball
L3B120N J4M35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 08:43 AM   #21
01amberfirewv

01amberfirewv has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by L3B120N J4M35
anybody know any drills you could do with a tennis ball

Dribble with left toss and catch with your right, switch hands. Toss and cross over, do the same while going behind your back then between your legs.

Toss and catch with your right hand standing at the 3 point line, after 5 tosses toss the ball halfway to the basket drive catch the ball with your toss hand and finish with the other

Last edited by 01amberfirewv : 03-07-2013 at 09:25 AM.
01amberfirewv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 12:33 AM   #22
Lebron23
GOAT Small Forward

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I always dribble the ball when I am not doing anything.
Lebron23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 10:19 PM   #23
L3B120N J4M35
Decent playground baller

L3B120N J4M35 has decent reputationL3B120N J4M35 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01amberfirewv
Dribble with left toss and catch with your right, switch hands. Toss and cross over, do the same while going behind your back then between your legs.

Toss and catch with your right hand standing at the 3 point line, after 5 tosses toss the ball halfway to the basket drive catch the ball with your toss hand and finish with the other

dribble with palm or finger tips?
L3B120N J4M35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 07:27 PM   #24
01amberfirewv

01amberfirewv has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by L3B120N J4M35
dribble with palm or finger tips?

Use your finger tips to control the ball. You kind of have to cup your hand but I think this is more important when your really young and first learning to dribble to keep you from smacking the ball. As you get more comfortable you kind of just fit your hand around the ball. Another great drill is one finder dribbles. Dribble low to the ground one finger at a time. Get used to moving the ball around with each finger
01amberfirewv is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: