Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 02-22-2013, 07:58 PM   #31
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: my top-5 players at each position

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNaturalWR
You shouldn't. He was garbage this season.

LMAO at you having a dumb opinion like that. LMFAO.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 08:24 PM   #32
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputation

Fletcher' value was is things other than on field performances. He was average AT BEST playing inside linebacker.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 08:35 PM   #33
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

So average that he was named 2nd team all-pro. People who actually watched him (like me) thought highly of him. Average at best? Where do you people come up with this stuff? Oh, the same ones that overrated the hell out of Ray Lewis?

Not saying that he was the best, but he played rather well. If he was average then I don't want to even think what our defense would have been like.

Last edited by Jackass18 : 02-22-2013 at 08:39 PM.
Old 02-22-2013, 08:48 PM   #34
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputation

PFF watched far more games than I did of the Redskins and they thought Fletcher was bad and that his age showed up in all phases.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:12 PM   #35
Jackass18
The Iron Price

He had a stretch of games that were poor, but he was also dealing with injury problems this season. That comment sounds like a lazy generalization comment where it looks like they saw just a couple games and then wrote him off.

"We know London Fletcher is beloved for a tremendous career, but you’re blind if you don’t think injuries and age saw his play drop off."

Yep, a lazy generalization to write him off. That's not to say he hasn't lost a step, but to say he's average or go waaay too far and say he was garbage when he was still really good?

Hmm, looks like they also took Wilson over RGIII. Really looks like they just take a handful of games and then overvalue them. Not every player is stellar over every game of the season.

Last edited by Jackass18 : 02-22-2013 at 09:16 PM.
Old 02-23-2013, 01:16 AM   #36
TheNaturalWR
Local High School Star

TheNaturalWR has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
http://hosted.stats.com/fb/playersta...d=8803&team=34

6 sacks allowed...4 false starts...1 holding call

I know that entire Houston line is fantastic at run blocking though...probably very well coached line

I only recall 3 sacks given up unless it included the postseason which I still don't know how it is 6. Regardless, he's a top 3 LOCK. PFF absolutely RAVES about him and with good reason. He makes Arian Foster look better than he really is. There's a reason why Houston only averages 3.5 YPC on the right side opposed to 4+ on the left, that reason is Duane Brown.

I'm a Texans fan and Foster is absolutely NOT a top 5 running back. Johnathan Joseph was a top 5 corner last season but he got beat pretty often this season. Chris Myers is a top 3 center. Brian Cushing is pretty easily a top 5 ILB. I'd only take Willis and maybe Derrick Johnson over him. Andre Johnson is still top 3 in my eyes. He has ZERO help, seriously and he has a noodle-armed quarterback.
TheNaturalWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 02:02 AM   #37
GatorKid117
Oh the Bealsanity

GatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation here

Only complaints:

Vince Wilfork is still a Top 5 DT. I'd bump off Suh or McCoy.

And Vernon Davis to me is no worse than the 3rd best TE.

Nice to see Daryl Washington in there.
GatorKid117 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:44 AM   #38
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Harrison Smith will be on the top 5 safety list after next year. Matt Kalil the same for the LT list. Rudolph should probably already be on the TE one.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 12:26 PM   #39
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
Harrison Smith will be on the top 5 safety list after next year. Matt Kalil the same for the LT list. Rudolph should probably already be on the TE one.

Not enough diversity on your list, not impressed.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 05:04 PM   #40
jazz873
College star

jazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputation

How did we forget about Eric Weddle?
jazz873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 05:36 PM   #41
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazz873
How did we forget about Eric Weddle?
Ha right, he might even be #1

Top 3 at least
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 03:38 PM   #42
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Suh > McCoy

Don't hate just because Suh gets all that BS negative press from people with agendas. I watched a bunch of defensive players headhunt and try to injure RGIII this season, but did I ever hear about any of those guys playing dirty?

Tony Gonzalez should be higher. I know he may retire, but as long he's producing, then you can't deny him. I'd take Tyron Smith off. Don't know what he's up there for other than for being a Cowboy. Suggs missed half the season so I'd take him off. Why doesn't Byrd get love at Safety (I don't get to catch too many Bills games)? Tillman should be up there for CBs.

Last edited by Jackass18 : 02-24-2013 at 04:17 PM.
Old 02-25-2013, 11:53 AM   #43
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

McCoy was better than Suh this year

Gonzalez isn't better than Gronk and Witten and Graham...he is fine where he is

Suggs is an elite OLB, this was proven the year before last where he won DPOY...he deserves the benefit of the doubt, just like Fitz

Tyron only gave up 3 sacks this year, he was awesome, the only great Cowboy's oline man...he should have made the probowl

Byrd and Tillman are arguable...yes
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:07 AM   #44
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
McCoy was better than Suh this year

No. Don't you love stats? Suh had more tackles and sacks. I think maybe his rep might sour people's opinions a bit.

Quote:
Gonzalez isn't better than Gronk and Witten and Graham...he is fine where he is

I was ready to write him off in the past, but as long as he keeps producing, then you can't deny him. Witten is Romo's go-to guy, but only 3 TDs? Gonzalez has Jones and White, but still produced. Maybe you're putting more stock into what they can do in the future while I'm putting more into what they did this past season.

Quote:
Suggs is an elite OLB, this was proven the year before last where he won DPOY...he deserves the benefit of the doubt, just like Fitz

Well, I guess what I said above is true. You're more looking at the future while I'm looking more at the past season.

Quote:
Tyron only gave up 3 sacks this year, he was awesome, the only great Cowboy's oline man...he should have made the probowl

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/20...al-grade.html/
"I tracked Smith as allowing only three sacks in 2012, but don’t forget that ‘sacks allowed’ is a low-frequency stat that’s rarely indicative of a player’s real value."

You gotta agree with that. A guy could have lower numbers because his QB is good at avoiding sacks and/or gets rid of the ball quickly while another guy could have higher numbers because his QB is a statue that holds onto the ball too long.
Old 03-14-2013, 09:34 AM   #45
B-Easy8
Decent college freshman

B-Easy8 is considered somewhat coolB-Easy8 is considered somewhat cool

McCoy was a flat out monster for us this year.

His stats don't tell the story. He was clogging up 2 and 3 lineman almost every possession. He was in the backfield nonstop as well.
B-Easy8 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: