Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2013, 06:52 PM   #121
gigantes
Tor Johnson.
 
gigantes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 13,038
Default Re: BTE: Joe Rogan Experience Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazard
Don't know if you guys seen this, but it kinda blew my mind. Dude basically exposes the TED organization as a cult.
i really apologise for ever thinking of you as a rational, intelligent human being. i guess it was basically just me seeing things i wanted to see... maybe like you and TED?

seriously, don't you f--king get it by now? TED is an extension of the heights and excesses of academia.

does any part of that register?

if you're a casual TED listener / watcher, you'll observe a staggering variety of amazing info designed for the consumer to digest in 20-min packets. which is all for the common man... all for the average dork to think that org's like TED are springing up organically like wildflowers because life is beautiful and politics is only something that evil people engage in.

did you ACTUALLY THINK there would be no real-world price to pay of assholery for that incredible gift to the common man? did rogan really think that as well?

is an otherwise-intelligent guy like joe REALLY so in love with the sound of his voice so as to go all howard stern on this?

does joe REALLY think that TED is some kind of academic legion of doom who makes their own rules and laughs in people's faces?

does anybody know if joe has ever been involved in masters or PHD work at a reputable university?

does anybody know if joe has the ability to weigh conflicting forces and arrive at some kind of motherf--king decent and informed middle-ground?


ok, ok... i lost my cool here. i apologise. but seriously, i like joe a lot and i'm not used to seeing him be a total "oh really, so that's what they did?" kind of sycophant (it rhymes with elephant) without ever engaging his brain. joe is the guy who is SUPPOSED TO ENGAGE HIS BRAIN and tell us about f--d up stuff. and shit...
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 08:05 PM   #122
Hazard
makhnovshchina
 
Hazard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Philthadelphia
Posts: 2,401
Default Re: BTE: Joe Rogan Experience Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
i really apologise for ever thinking of you as a rational, intelligent human being. i guess it was basically just me seeing things i wanted to see... maybe like you and TED?

seriously, don't you f--king get it by now? TED is an extension of the heights and excesses of academia.

does any part of that register?

if you're a casual TED listener / watcher, you'll observe a staggering variety of amazing info designed for the consumer to digest in 20-min packets. which is all for the common man... all for the average dork to think that org's like TED are springing up organically like wildflowers because life is beautiful and politics is only something that evil people engage in.

did you ACTUALLY THINK there would be no real-world price to pay of assholery for that incredible gift to the common man? did rogan really think that as well?

is an otherwise-intelligent guy like joe REALLY so in love with the sound of his voice so as to go all howard stern on this?

does joe REALLY think that TED is some kind of academic legion of doom who makes their own rules and laughs in people's faces?

does anybody know if joe has ever been involved in masters or PHD work at a reputable university?

does anybody know if joe has the ability to weigh conflicting forces and arrive at some kind of motherf--king decent and informed middle-ground?


ok, ok... i lost my cool here. i apologise. but seriously, i like joe a lot and i'm not used to seeing him be a total "oh really, so that's what they did?" kind of sycophant (it rhymes with elephant) without ever engaging his brain. joe is the guy who is SUPPOSED TO ENGAGE HIS BRAIN and tell us about f--d up stuff. and shit...
I watched a few TED talks, I did no actual research about the organization. Turns out they're a bunch of greedy psychos (not the speakers, the speakers are awesome). Sorry if that ruined your day... well not that sorry.
Hazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 08:13 PM   #123
gigantes
Tor Johnson.
 
gigantes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 13,038
Default Re: BTE: Joe Rogan Experience Edition

sorry, mate... was that an attempt to ADD to what i said, to DETRACT from it, or to RUN AROUND in the nearest public fountain and hope for someone to pop a woody?


...little confused over here.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 10:23 PM   #124
Hazard
makhnovshchina
 
Hazard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Philthadelphia
Posts: 2,401
Default Re: BTE: Joe Rogan Experience Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
sorry, mate... was that an attempt to ADD to what i said, to DETRACT from it, or to RUN AROUND in the nearest public fountain and hope for someone to pop a woody?


...little confused over here.
You are a strange little man.
Hazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 07:09 PM   #125
Anti Hero
TeamBattlesNotSoBad
 
Anti Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 7,978
Default Re: BTE: Joe Rogan Experience Edition



Joe tweeted this the other day
Anti Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 10:31 AM   #126
$LakerGold
#TeamRousey #TeamStark
 
$LakerGold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: ☆Home of the 16☆
Posts: 7,496
Default Re: BTE: Joe Rogan Experience Edition

So, Gene Lebell was just on & it was so hilarious.
$LakerGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 11:16 AM   #127
kNIOKAS
There will be plaster
 
kNIOKAS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5,696
Default Re: BTE: Joe Rogan Experience Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by $LakerGold
So, Gene Lebell was just on & it was so hilarious.
I've just finished it. He's sharp and smart.
kNIOKAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 09:04 AM   #128
$LakerGold
#TeamRousey #TeamStark
 
$LakerGold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: ☆Home of the 16☆
Posts: 7,496
Default Re: BTE: Joe Rogan Experience Edition

Bump.
$LakerGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 09:05 AM   #129
$LakerGold
#TeamRousey #TeamStark
 
$LakerGold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: ☆Home of the 16☆
Posts: 7,496
Default Re: BTE: Joe Rogan Experience Edition

Anti, you need to keep this flowing, bro.
$LakerGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 09:47 AM   #130
Take Your Lumps
Banned
 
Take Your Lumps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,857
Default Re: BTE: Joe Rogan Experience Edition

Joe comments on War Machine
Take Your Lumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 06:11 PM   #131
Draz
The People's Choice
 
Draz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Strong Men Island
Posts: 19,223
Default Re: BTE: Joe Rogan Experience Edition

That's my shit
Draz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 06:00 PM   #132
$LakerGold
#TeamRousey #TeamStark
 
$LakerGold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: ☆Home of the 16☆
Posts: 7,496
Default Re: BTE: Joe Rogan Experience Edition

Wake up, bitches!
$LakerGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 04:26 AM   #133
BigBoss
T'Bagging LeBron Fam
 
BigBoss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: LeBaldville
Posts: 4,779
Default Re: BTE: Joe Rogan Experience Edition

Stoners
BigBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 05:39 AM   #134
JtotheIzzo
Admlnlstrator
 
JtotheIzzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Wolviapolis
Posts: 14,912
Default Re: BTE: Joe Rogan Experience Edition

Despite being kind of an idiot savant (he knows a little about everything but not a lot on subjets outside of MMA or comedy) Rogan is quality and a great podcast (especially for long drives of flights).

Entertaining most of the time, unless he is butchering a subject you might happened to be more versed than him on, but not fair to hold him to that standard.

Not as annoying as when Cowherd or Jay Mohr talk hoops.
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:57 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy