Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-26-2013, 06:30 PM   #631
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?

Lebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Official 2014 FIFA World Cup Qualifying Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubio2Gasol
Not just in this context, but I think throughout Navas is the best candidate when making an offensive change.

Spain play a chess match, they break you down, if they can't it means you're loading the center and ignoring the flanks an the flanks aren't making you pay. Navas comes on and you start having to pay attention to the flanks and the center opens up again.

All the other midfielders, they collect and run directly to the centre and allow the the offense to be dependent on the most incompetent offensive player in the entire team - Arbeloa.

I do think though he misses a trick by not pairing Navas with someone in the mold of Llorente or Soldado to attack the box. His crosses often go to waste in the manner you speak of simply because they fall to someone not accustomed to being on the end of them.

I agree, getting Isco, Cazorla or Mata in the game would be a player-for-player change, but if you're trying to change the offensive scheme then you need someone like Navas. And I also wonder why Llorente is never given any real chances on this team, especially now with Villa sucking balls. As for Arbeloa, I don't think he's just offensively incompetent, he's overall incompetent. I really wonder how the hell he can be not only starting, but even on Real's roster. I would take Azpilicueta over him all day for the NT.
Lebowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 06:33 PM   #632
Overdrive
Local High School Star

Overdrive is considered somewhat coolOverdrive is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1imtf
Where are you from?

Austria, they played Ireland today.
Overdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 06:39 PM   #633
alenleomessi
GloryhunterSinceThe90s

alenleomessi is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowsky
I agree, getting Isco, Cazorla or Mata in the game would be a player-for-player change, but if you're trying to change the offensive scheme then you need someone like Navas. And I also wonder why Llorente is never given any real chances on this team, especially now with Villa sucking balls. As for Arbeloa, I don't think he's just offensively incompetent, he's overall incompetent. I really wonder how the hell he can be not only starting, but even on Real's roster. I would take Azpilicueta over him all day for the NT.
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 06:45 PM   #634
Rubio2Gasol
College star

Rubio2Gasol has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowsky

Like today, I think he comes through defensively when it's necessary. I would like to Replace him at Real (with Carjaval) but Arbs is a pro nonetheless and he knows the tricks of the trade and how to use them effectively.

For Spain, I was hoping Iraola would be given a chance, but unfortunately for him Atletico could not sustain their form. Juanfran would probably be a equally good option.

That is until Carjaval touches down in Spain this summer
Rubio2Gasol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 07:20 PM   #635
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
The Dutch qualifying group is weak as shit, they will go to Brazil completely untested.

They still looked good today. Better than tying Montenegro.
DeuceWallaces is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:42 PM   #636
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Interesting lineup from the US. Never would have thought Beasley would be a LB
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:58 PM   #637
Bosnian Sajo
(-_-)(X_X)BB(9_9)(^_^)

Bosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
They still looked good today. Better than tying Montenegro.

Montenegro is a damn good team, not like they tied San Marino.
Bosnian Sajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:21 PM   #638
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Decent first half, weathered the storm. Guzan is an awesome #2 keeper to have. I just don't understand why we can't develop outfield players like we can keepers. Kellar, Friedal, Howard, Guzan, Kevin Hartman, etc.

I really like Zusi as well but he needs to step it up to keep his spot with the national side. Gomez has been a little iffy to me as well, don't like him playing a winger/attacking mid position, he should be up front with Jozi or bring someone else in.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 12:07 AM   #639
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
Interesting lineup from the US. Never would have thought Beasley would be a LB

They are just going at him non stop.
Old 03-27-2013, 12:25 AM   #640
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

Great tie, especially considering the lineup.
Old 03-27-2013, 12:27 AM   #641
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

Brujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I just watched a 0-0 game in 94 minutes

One team is pissed and the other team is celebrating a 0-0 game
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 12:36 AM   #642
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brujesino

Getting a tie at the Aztec is a great result, don't kid yourself.. Soccer/football is a tactical sport, earn the points when you can

US was very fortunate to come away with a draw and it's a great result considering the injuries and shuffling in the lineup.

I thought Guzan was great. Didn't miss a beat with him in the lineup
Didn't like the subs at all.. Johnson and Davis weren't the subs that were needed and I would have liked the Shea side if he came on earlier and on the right side. We needed help in the midfield to stop Mexico dominating the ball. Would have been fine with beckerman.

Mexico had alot of chances..
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 12:36 AM   #643
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

kaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

Mexico is one of the most difficult place for away teams to play in the world. Getting a result there is a feat.
kaiteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 12:37 AM   #644
BrickingStar
Banned

BrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this board

Quote:

4 points of these 2 matches with that lineup and being butchered with injuries along with Mexico being extremely dominant at home I would probably be celebrating too
BrickingStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 12:37 AM   #645
SourPatchKids
Banned

SourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

vive le mexico
SourPatchKids is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: