Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-20-2013, 10:36 PM   #91
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

KevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: The BigAss 2nd term thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhornfan1234

You're better than this, Kevin. You're letting your emotions take over. Believe it or not... a lot of women don't like Hillary.They think she is shrewd. I think that is a big reason she lost the primary.She has also moved further Left...the media won't be able to attack Carson the way they normally do the conservative candidate. I'm not saying anything out of the norm.

No. This is exactly what I'm talking about. I think you have so internalized the trolling nature of the modern Republican media wing that you don't even recognize this as trolling. It's like it doesn't matter that the Fox News doesn't produce high quality news, as long as it pisses off fans of the Democratic Party, it must be OK. Wait make that the Democrat Party, let's pretend we don't know how to use adjectives. That will really piss them off. You just posted a bunch of nonsense that will never happen and now you're invested in defending it because it pisses off "libs." Your political instincts can be this bad naturally. You would have had to train them to be these bad.

My emotions? Nope, you go that wrong. My response was based on cognition not emotion. Because my first response to reading your post was "Who the **** is Carson?" Because I honestly had no idea who you meant. I'm a guy who is reasonably well-versed on the political scene and I was baffled.

I had to google him and find out he's a guy who made a speech in the past week. Maybe it was a really good speech. And maybe he's a real impressive guy. However, correct me if I'm wrong but, the guy hasn't run for dogcatcher. Oh, and also he's black. When's the last time a black Republican won a state-wide election? In your lifetime, I think the highest office won by a black Republican was Lieutenant Governor and that was in a reliably blue state. I believe the last time a black Republican won a big state election was when I was 2, back when Republicans supported Civil Rights. And that was in Massachusetts. So not only is he not the VP pick he's the presidential pick and a landslide one at that.

I wasn't even thinking along the lines of Don Dadda -- about him actually facing a Democrat because this guy winning a single primary is a fantasy. I thought it was funny that you thought a landslide candidate is someone who

A. Has virtually no name-recognition among Americans
B. Has no political experience whatsoever.

Even for folks who read threads like this, what percentage of people know who Carson is? I googled him a few hours ago and I don't remember his first name.

Long story short, Longhorn, I wish I could say your better than this, but it's par for the course.

Last edited by KevinNYC : 03-20-2013 at 10:40 PM.
KevinNYC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 12:02 AM   #92
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

KevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Obama became the first US president to win Israel's highest civilian honor.

The ceremony was carried live by some US cable networks.

In more substantial news, Obama got Israel and Turkey to hug it out and help deal with what is going in Syria.

Quote:
Barack Obama has persuaded Israel to apologise to Turkey for the loss of nine lives on board the Mavi Marmara – the lead ship in an aid flotilla trying to breach the blockade of Gaza – in a deal that paves the way for diplomatic relations to be restored between the two countries.

News of the US-brokered deal came on Friday as Obama was leaving Israel at the end of his first official visit during which he was praised for an emotional speech tailored to mainstream Jewish opinion but criticised for doing nothing practical to advance stalled peace negotiations and downplaying Palestinian suffering.

The apology to Turkey for the May 2010 incident had been resisted by Israel until now, despite pressure from the international community. Both are close US allies – Turkey is a member of Nato – so the president was well placed to broker the deal.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013...lotilla-deaths
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/23/wo...l?pagewanted=1
Old 03-23-2013, 12:11 AM   #93
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

Default Re: Politics is rough in NJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinNYC
3 women were paid to falsely claim they had sex with Menendez, Dominican police say.

This allegation got shopped around to several news outlets, but only The Daily Caller published the story.

The guy who gave this story to the Daily Caller is not claimed they hired him to hire prostitutes who were willing lie about sleeping with Menedez.
Quote:
A top Dominican law enforcement official said Friday that a local lawyer has reported being paid by someone claiming to work for the conservative Web site the Daily Caller to find prostitutes who would lie and say they had sex for money with Sen. Robert Menendez (D-N.J.).

Dude is probably lying, but it just shows you who the Daily Caller is willing to get into bed with.
Old 03-23-2013, 12:40 AM   #94
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

Quote:
Also in the last two week, two of three biggest Obama political strategist have quit the administration and joined MSNBC.

MSNBC is getting younger.

In their M-F 8PM slot 34 year old Chris Hayes replaces Ed Schultz.

Hayes's Sunday show is being taken over by 33 year old Steve Kornacki.

Probably a good move for a long term strategy. Wonder if they will keep Sharpton.
Old 03-23-2013, 01:09 AM   #95
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

Chris Hayes really bugs me. He's the epitome of the whiny, effete, liberal ******.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 03:52 AM   #96
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoooter
Chris Hayes really bugs me. He's the epitome of the whiny, effete, liberal ******.

He bugs me less than he used to. He's gotten better as a host and he is not so hyper any more.

However, I do know what you mean. Even though I know know better, it bugs me every time some pronounces bona fides correctly.
Old 03-25-2013, 04:37 PM   #97
longhornfan1234
Local High School Star

longhornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this board

No one knew Obama before '04 Democratic convention. Dr. Carson is the hottest name out right now. He belittled Obama a month ago.
longhornfan1234 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 04:38 PM   #98
longhornfan1234
Local High School Star

longhornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
MSNBC is getting younger.

In their M-F 8PM slot 34 year old Chris Hayes replaces Ed Schultz.

Hayes's Sunday show is being taken over by 33 year old Steve Kornacki.

Probably a good move for a long term strategy. Wonder if they will keep Sharpton.
Klein and Finney >>>>>>>>>>>>> Hayes and Kornacki.
longhornfan1234 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 11:30 PM   #99
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

Quote:
No one knew Obama before '04 Democratic convention. Dr. Carson is the hottest name out right now. He belittled Obama a month ago.

I get it. You have a problem on your hands. Ryan's not gong to do it. Rubio's not up to it. The party's not going to meet John Huntsman halfway. Hell, Jeb Bush is probably going to be a top three candidate. You don't have that deep a bench and you're probably facing a candidate with a tremendous name, recognition, deep experience, massive connections and the ability to raise money. And that's just Biden. If you get Hilliary, you also get the chance for the first woman president.

So you're willing to shake it up with a candidate with no name recognition, deep experience in something other than politics, no connections and an unproven track record of raising money.

You're right that Obama's profile was raised by the '04 Democratic Convention. However, he won his first election in 1996 or twelve years before he won the presidency. So if we are going by that schedule, Carson might be the man for 2024.

Also you want to compare and contrast a big speech at a Democratic National Convention and a big speech at CPAC. I'll start, for one people know what the Democratic National Convention is. For two, the Democrat who is in the best position to become president is invited. Christ Christie was nowhere to be seen at CPAC. Also, are you still pretending to be a a blue dog Democrat?

You know what Obama else did in 2004, he won an election to become a US Senator. Call me when Carson wins anything.

It's going to be a tough ride. Your best candidate may not make it through the primaries. Your establishment candidate's last name is Bush. And you have a Senator who's ego is big enough that he may run as a Tea Party third candidate. But you're right a lot could happen in four years. I didn't think in 2004 Obama would be the 2008 nominee.
Old 03-25-2013, 11:33 PM   #100
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

Another Democratic Senator is retiring. Whole bunch of them going out in 2014.

Google just pointed me to this post on a Democratic message board.
****: 5th Democratic senator to retire (South Dakota Sen. Johnson won’t seek re-election)
Old 03-25-2013, 11:34 PM   #101
kNicKz
College superstar

kNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Obama became the first US president to win Israel's highest civilian honor.

The ceremony was carried live by some US cable networks.

In more substantial news, Obama got Israel and Turkey to hug it out and help deal with what is going in Syria.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013...lotilla-deaths
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/23/wo...l?pagewanted=1

HOLY SHIT!! KevinNYC IS TOTALLY EXPOSING FOX RIGHT NOW!!!!
kNicKz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 11:36 PM   #102
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

Quote:
Klein and Finney >>>>>>>>>>>>> Hayes and Kornacki.

Klein's still got a bunch to learn about TV. I didn't realize who you were talked about at first. Then Finney appeared on my TV.

Edit: Also it looks like they are having her do some guest hosting which they usually use as auditions for the bigger slots.

Last edited by KevinNYC : 03-25-2013 at 11:39 PM.
Old 03-26-2013, 04:58 PM   #103
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

Quote:
I think Carson/Rubio ticket would win in a landslide in 2016. ......

With a Carson/Rubio ticket... you'd probably see a swing of at least 15%*Latinos and 10% of Women.* Don't discount the impact of Dr. Carson's care for children...and how it will affect women's perceptions. That = landslide.

Alas, it was not to be
Quote:
After a several-day onslaught from fans and the media, many wanting to know his potential political plans, Carson has eased away from suggestions he may have his eyes on the White House. The 61-year-old doctor now says the likelihood of a presidential run is “incredibly small.” What he really wants is a second career in television when he retires from Johns Hopkins later this year.

Sorry, longhorn, better luck next month.
Old 03-26-2013, 07:09 PM   #104
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner

DonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Alas, it was not to be

Sorry, longhorn, better luck next month.

Chill... Cuba Gooding got this

Just give him a stethoscope and time to grow out his fro again and he can fill in for Ben one more time. We're gonna have a Ben Carson presidency, one way or another.
DonDadda59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 01:54 AM   #105
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDadda59
We're gonna have a Ben Carson presidency, one way or another.

Well he had a good run. Remember those halcyon days, must have been a week ago, when he first learned his name and his future looked so bright.
Quote:
Dr. Benjamin Carson, the famed Johns Hopkins neurosurgeon, apologized Friday for his "choice of words" and use of examples in discussing gay marriage on Fox News earlier in the week.

During Sean Hannity's show on Tuesday, when asked about the matter before the Supreme Court, Carson said, "Marriage is between a man and a woman. No group, be they gays, be they NAMBLA, be they people who believe in bestiality, it doesn't matter what they are. They don't get to change the definition."

The comparison of gays to members of the North American Boy/Man Love Association and those who engage in bestiality set off a backlash of criticism in the media, online and on campus. There is now a petition circulating at Johns Hopkins Medical to have Carson removed as commencement speaker in May at the School of Medicine.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: