Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-27-2013, 04:22 PM   #1
Jeannot
Its all about 18

Jeannot has decent reputationJeannot has decent reputation
Default A little help with my blog

Hey guys, I recently started my new blog. Now I was wondering if you guys had some ideas about promoting it, maybe about the lay out, just tips in general?

www.dailyexclusive.wordpress.com
Jeannot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:45 PM   #2
Bandito
NBA Superstar

Bandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: A little help with my blog

Looks cool to me, I don't know what to say besides get it on every top 100 list you can find. Also promote yourself shamelessly in a lot of forum boards like this in case you luck out and get a reader.
Bandito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:14 AM   #3
Jeannot
Its all about 18

Thanks! Any comment on they way I write? http://dailyexclusive.wordpress.com/ , the new miami article
Old 03-28-2013, 06:14 PM   #4
Jeannot
Its all about 18

Trying to stay up to date!
Old 03-28-2013, 06:33 PM   #5
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

andgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

It appears that you're going for a clean minimalist look which I dig.

But it appears to be cluttered.

Almost all of the content is centered closely together, you should spread things out just a bit. It'll make it less congested and be easier to read.

Another possible modification (although not necessary) is either a different font, text color or something to divide the sections. Nothing really differentiates the different sections aside from the title up top, example:

Recent Posts

Yes the heading of that section is in bold, but it doesn't really stand out on its own. Check out CNN.com to see how they section off their site. It's clean and simple, but you can easily see how things are divided.

Here's a web site that helps break down spacing and white space usage:

http://webdesign.tutsplus.com/articl...-your-designs/

Here's a quote:

Quote:
An Analogy
Letís say youíre in a store. It wouldnít be a comfortable or pleasant experience if you had trouble moving around due to the overcrowded aisles, alongside the sales assistant constantly prompting you with their special offers. Thereís just too much to look at and you have neither the time nor the patience to find what you originally came in looking for. Itís not nice.
This is one of the key features of why Apple stores work so well. Theyíre very minimalist and a large amount of the shop floor is given to the products themselves. However, should you venture into another PC store, youíre consumed by endless aisles of machines that look and function differently. In my experience, the minimalist shopping experience is a lot more pleasant.
Now, what does that have to do with web design? A lot actually. We donít come online for the task of hunting out a specific string of text underneath a wealth of pointless content you donít care about. Negative space helps with both of these problems by leaving designs uncluttered at the same time as drawing attention to the focal point of the page.

Only a few modifications need to be made and you're good.
andgar923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 04:42 AM   #6
Jeannot
Its all about 18

Thanks man, I will definitely use that info! I just started a couple a days ago, and not know to much about making a blog, so this is really useful!
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: