Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 04-03-2013, 12:00 PM   #31
DJMason
High School JV MVP

DJMason is considered somewhat coolDJMason is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Raptors official off-season thread 2013-14

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
For the record, we're 10-17 (.370) with Rudy Gay and we were 16-30 (.347) without him.

And yet the consensus is that the Gay trade saved BC's job. Baffling.
DJMason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 03:29 PM   #32
el gringos
Good college starter

el gringos has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Low
Gay is a good solid player. His contract is, indeed, horrific. But at the same time, after Bosh leaving, no one was able to step up and give us what we needed. We need to build a team with Gay alongside Val. We really need to trade Derozan. Amnesty Kleiza and trade Bargnani for anything for all I care.
Why amnesty kleiza when as an expirer his contract may have value in a trade?

Something to build between gay and Val is exactly why amare is a good fit (of course you are hoping for some luck w him being healthy). IMO you don't want gay seeing himself as a clear cut #1 option, and next to Val you need a scorer or you are asking too much

My trade idea is for what I think is perfect for the Knicks - but I'm not trying to make 1 sided trades, I honestly believe that it would be great for raptors

Felton/Kendall Marshall
Dudley/Ross/Anderson
Gay/Dudley/kleiza
Amare/Amir
Val/Amir/gray

Marshall gives you the equivalent of a first round pick to develop at pg. Felton, Dudley, kleiza are all moveable sized contracts and so you keep flexible. And maybe most importantly you save about 5 mill and are allowed to use the Mle the next couple years. For what it's worth the trade machine shows Toronto as the big winner in the deal
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 04:26 PM   #33
RaininThrees
Meats Don't Clash

RaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

http://www.mlse.com/inside_mlse/brya...ngelo_bio.aspx
RaininThrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 08:56 PM   #34
T-Low
College superstar

T-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by el gringos
Why amnesty kleiza when as an expirer his contract may have value in a trade?

Something to build between gay and Val is exactly why amare is a good fit (of course you are hoping for some luck w him being healthy). IMO you don't want gay seeing himself as a clear cut #1 option, and next to Val you need a scorer or you are asking too much

My trade idea is for what I think is perfect for the Knicks - but I'm not trying to make 1 sided trades, I honestly believe that it would be great for raptors

Felton/Kendall Marshall
Dudley/Ross/Anderson
Gay/Dudley/kleiza
Amare/Amir
Val/Amir/gray

Marshall gives you the equivalent of a first round pick to develop at pg. Felton, Dudley, kleiza are all moveable sized contracts and so you keep flexible. And maybe most importantly you save about 5 mill and are allowed to use the Mle the next couple years. For what it's worth the trade machine shows Toronto as the big winner in the deal

Dealing for Amare would be another bad move for Toronto. Bringing him in would be like having Kleiza on the bench because Amare can never stay healthy. At least getting rid of Kleiza now makes it so we don't take back any money. Free agency may help.
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: