Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-04-2013, 10:26 PM   #256
NoGunzJustSkillz

NoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: MLB Thread 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose
NoGunzJustSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 12:14 AM   #257
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by irondarts
I wonder how many times Giancarlo Stanton will be intentionally walked this season. With the lineup the Marlins are throwing out there, I would pretty much just walk Stanton every time he comes to the plate if I were the opposing team.
The only thing separating their lineup from the Astros lineup is Stanton. Take him out, and it's just as comically bad as the Astros lineup.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 12:46 AM   #258
MMM
877-954-1893

MMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
The only thing separating their lineup from the Astros lineup is Stanton. Take him out, and it's just as comically bad as the Astros lineup.

the Astros are bad but they have guys that can go yard
Carter had 20 HRs in half a season last year
Wallace has some power and Pena has a lot of power
MMM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 02:36 AM   #259
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
The Astros have a better lineup IMO. They have young talented hitters, the Marlins just have a bunch of nobodies and guys who are over the hill.

I mean, Altuve is good (he can really hit), Chris Carter has serious power, I still think Brett Wallace can be a good hitter. Matt Dominguez looks like he might be able to hit a bit, and he's an incredibly defensive 3B. Jason Castro is a good defensive catcher with some power. Not to mention the guys they have in the minors (Jonathan Singleton, Carlos Correa, George Springer, Delino DeShields Jr.)

The Astros have some exciting talent, Singleton could end up being a 35 HR guy, If everything clicks (big if) for Correa then he's basically A-Rod (30 HR potential from a SS - Wow) and DeShields stole a hundred bases last year and hit nearly .300. This could be an extremely exciting team in a few years.
irondarts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 11:26 AM   #260
sunsfan1357
Word.

sunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
The Astros have a better lineup IMO. They have young talented hitters, the Marlins just have a bunch of nobodies and guys who are over the hill.

I mean, Altuve is good (he can really hit), Chris Carter has serious power, I still think Brett Wallace can be a good hitter. Matt Dominguez looks like he might be able to hit a bit, and he's an incredibly defensive 3B. Jason Castro is a good defensive catcher with some power. Not to mention the guys they have in the minors (Jonathan Singleton, Carlos Correa, George Springer, Delino DeShields Jr.)

The Astros have some exciting talent, Singleton could end up being a 35 HR guy, If everything clicks (big if) for Correa then he's basically A-Rod (30 HR potential from a SS - Wow) and DeShields stole a hundred bases last year and hit nearly .300. This could be an extremely exciting team in a few years.
never in my life did I think I would read the bolded
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 09:30 PM   #261
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Trevor Bauer had a disastrous start today in his Indians debut. He walked 7 Batters in 5 Innings and only struck out 2. He only gave up 2 hits and 3 runs but the fact is he will never be a top shelf pitcher if he continues to walk guys. He wants to strike every batter out so he plays around with his curveballs and just ends up walking everybody. He won't be an effective pitcher until he starts pitching to contact sometimes, everyone seems to know that except him.
Old 04-06-2013, 09:33 PM   #262
KG215

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Upton and Upton homer in the 9th for the Braves to comeback for a win. Down 5-1 heading into the 8th, Atlanta scored 3 in the inning, then the Upton brothers each hit a solo homer in the bottom of the 9th to get the win.

Justin Upton homered twice tonight and now has 5 HR's for the season.

Last edited by KG215 : 04-06-2013 at 09:43 PM.
Old 04-06-2013, 09:35 PM   #263
KG215

Quote:
Trevor Bauer had a disastrous start today in his Indians debut. He walked 7 Batters in 5 Innings and only struck out 2. He only gave up 2 hits and 3 runs but the fact is he will never be a top shelf pitcher if he continues to walk guys. He wants to strike every batter out so he plays around with his curveballs and just ends up walking everybody. He won't be an effective pitcher until he starts pitching to contact sometimes, everyone seems to know that except him.
Teheran got knocked around pretty good, too. He only walked 1 batter, but gave up 8 hits and 8 runs in 5 innings. Starting to worry more and more that he won't ever come close to living up to what he was once hyped to be.
Old 04-06-2013, 09:48 PM   #264
irondarts

Quote:
Teheran got knocked around pretty good, too. He only walked 1 batter, but gave up 8 hits and 8 runs in 5 innings. Starting to worry more and more that he won't ever come close to living up to what he was once hyped to be.
Yeah I watched him today too. The most concerning thing is his lack of velocity, his Fastball was between 89-91 all game and he was mostly in the high 80's.

However, Justin Upton is crushing it, I think he's going to win the NL MVP this year (him or Harper)
Old 04-07-2013, 01:27 PM   #265
irondarts

Dickey is getting lit up today.
Old 04-07-2013, 06:45 PM   #266
KG215

Quote:
Yeah I watched him today too. The most concerning thing is his lack of velocity, his Fastball was between 89-91 all game and he was mostly in the high 80's.

However, Justin Upton is crushing it, I think he's going to win the NL MVP this year (him or Harper)
Yeah, I'm starting to think with Teheran, best case scenario, he ends up being a really good #2 starter. Not the stud ace/future Cy Young winner he was being projected as a couple of years ago. Thing is, he added another pitch in winter ball and looked really good there and in the spring. I'm not going to freak out over one start, but I'm starting to have my doubts.

I loved the Justin Upton trade (not as high on signing B.J. Upton but could live with it since it was just a FA signing) but I didn't think he'd be this good. I mean sure, he will come back down to earth sooner or later, and regress back to the mean...but he's at that age where hitters start to really breakout and show you what they're going to be in their prime. The Braves will have Heyward (23 years old), J. Upton (25 years old), and Freeman (23 years old) anchoring their lineup for the foreseeable future. It's interesting too, since it's always been about pitching for the Braves. Not that our pitching is bad now, but it looks like we could be the Yin to the Nationals Yang. They win and dominate games and we win and dominate games with hitting and power.

On another note, my fantasy team has Miguel Cabrera, Matt Kemp, Adam Jones, and Paul Konerko, but it's been Dexter Fowler and Wilin Rosario who've been my team MVP's so far. Fowler and Rosario both went yard again today.
Old 04-07-2013, 06:59 PM   #267
Quizno
Biyombo Smash!!

Quizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsfan1357
I'll be making my first trip to Dodger Stadium this Friday then ill only have Angel Stadium off my California stadium checklist.
did you have fun? that was kershaw on friday, right?
Quizno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 07:34 PM   #268
irondarts

Quote:
Yeah, I'm starting to think with Teheran, best case scenario, he ends up being a really good #2 starter. Not the stud ace/future Cy Young winner he was being projected as a couple of years ago. Thing is, he added another pitch in winter ball and looked really good there and in the spring. I'm not going to freak out over one start, but I'm starting to have my doubts.

I loved the Justin Upton trade (not as high on signing B.J. Upton but could live with it since it was just a FA signing) but I didn't think he'd be this good. I mean sure, he will come back down to earth sooner or later, and regress back to the mean...but he's at that age where hitters start to really breakout and show you what they're going to be in their prime. The Braves will have Heyward (23 years old), J. Upton (25 years old), and Freeman (23 years old) anchoring their lineup for the foreseeable future. It's interesting too, since it's always been about pitching for the Braves. Not that our pitching is bad now, but it looks like we could be the Yin to the Nationals Yang. They win and dominate games and we win and dominate games with hitting and power.

On another note, my fantasy team has Miguel Cabrera, Matt Kemp, Adam Jones, and Paul Konerko, but it's been Dexter Fowler and Wilin Rosario who've been my team MVP's so far. Fowler and Rosario both went yard again today.
The D-Backs really screwed up trading Upton. His tools are jawdropping and he's going to put it all together soon and become a monster.

BJ Upton is what he is, his tools are insane but he doesn't care enough. He's always going to be a guy who strikes out a ton who provides good power/speed/defense. Justin Upton on the other hand could be something really special.
Old 04-07-2013, 07:49 PM   #269
sunsfan1357
Word.

sunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quizno
did you have fun? that was kershaw on friday, right?
I definitely had a great time, I know they recently did renovations there, but seeing it on TV only doesn't do it justice. Got pretty decent seats down the first base line and of course had a dodger dog
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 08:08 PM   #270
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

His growing rep as an arrogant douche certainly doesn't bode well for him learning it quickly either.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: