Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-16-2013, 06:23 AM   #76
Jack
I hit open layups

Jack has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: East asian exchange students - your experience?

I did not say that Croatia was perfect. I am not proud of Ustasha history my country had. I have to tell you not all Croatians were Ustasha.

Nowadays Ustasha and their followers are looked upon as people living in the past and dreaming of something that does not exist. Wearing Ustasha symbols is not permitted in Croatia.

I wonder is it same for Chetniks and Serbia? My grandma's village was burnt during the WWII.

I know about Jews and the Ottoman Empire. That were also hard times for people on these lands. For example kids would be taken from their mothers in Croatia, Serbia and taught muslim religion. Some of them were the best warriors Turks ever had.

You and me know history is really hard to tell in this region. Even our historians can't get a long with a lot of facts.

I was mainly speaking about Serbian state of mind that seems to never change. That is only bad for you guys. We have been neighbors for so many years, we married your girls and you guys married our girls. Your and my people went to universities all across Croatia and Serbia.

We accepted the European Union and its values. I sincerely hope you guys will someday too. For that to happen you have to change and you have to say sorry for all the wrongs you did in the past (I am especially talking about the Homeland War).

You guys see that even the International Community is not buying your stories and excuses.

When those positive things happen then in some near future maybe we can build Europe together and not just the Balkans!
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 06:40 AM   #77
Maksimilian
Decent playground baller

Maksimilian has decent reputationMaksimilian has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack
I did not say that Croatia was perfect. I am not proud of Ustasha history my country had. I have to tell you not all Croatians were Ustasha.

Nowadays Ustasha and their followers are looked upon as people living in the past and dreaming of something that does not exist. Wearing Ustasha symbols is not permitted in Croatia.

I wonder is it same for Chetniks and Serbia? My grandma's village was burnt during the WWII.

I know about Jews and the Ottoman Empire. That were also hard times for people on these lands. For example kids would be taken from their mothers in Croatia, Serbia and taught muslim religion. Some of them were the best warriors Turks ever had.

You and me know history is really hard to tell in this region. Even our historians can't get a long with a lot of facts.

I was mainly speaking about Serbian state of mind that seems to never change. That is only bad for you guys. We have been neighbors for so many years, we married your girls and you guys married our girls. Your and my people went to universities all across Croatia and Serbia.

We accepted the European Union and its values. I sincerely hope you guys will someday too. For that to happen you have to change and you have to say sorry for all the wrongs you did in the past (I am especially talking about the Homeland War).

You guys see that even the International Community is not buying your stories and excuses.

When those positive things happen then in some near future maybe we can build Europe together and not just the Balkans!

Serbs arent perfect either. I was just telling him the history of Serbia and its Jews in World War Two. I didnt say anything about the Croatian people. i specifically used the words "Ustase" to seperate them from all Croatians. Nothing I said about crimes in Jasenovac, or Serbian/Jewish deaths needed a reply from you no offence. If I was stating lies or demonising the Croatian people, then you have a right too. But I didnt :P

PS. Wearing Nazi uniforms banned? Heres a concert by Croatias most popular singer (I prefer Oliver Dragojevic) in the national footall stadium infront of sixty thousand fans :)

http://dalje.com/en-croatia/zuroff-p...-symbols/54504

http://www.juliagorin.com/wordpress/?p=911

http://www.jpost.com/Opinion/Op-Ed-C...sa-rock-n-roll
Maksimilian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 06:45 AM   #78
Rubio2Gasol
College star

Rubio2Gasol has decent reputation

Sometimes people care less about being dirty than you care about being clean. If you genuinely care about every space being clean - like is going to be hell until you have enough money to purchase your own space.
Rubio2Gasol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 07:10 AM   #79
Jack
I hit open layups

Yes it is banned by the law. I can assure you most of the people who wore those kind of symbols had to pay a fine or were imprisoned.

I am sorry that some of them get away with it.

I could do the same for you guys; google pictures of you guys wearing chetnik hats and uniforms during concerts, soccer games or some other "cultural" events.

The point I am trying to make is that there is still a big number of people who idolize chetnik's ideology. In Croatia there is a big contrast. Even Thompson was not sued for all the lyrics he sang out during concerts he had all around the World.

I am sorry that people who really want democracy in Serbia are overshadowed by the other side who has not done anything positive up to this point. They should have been in historic books and not in political life of Serbia.

Maybe we should stop right here with this discussion because I don't wanna ruin the thread. We could go on and on when in the end the Int'l Tribune will probably make a final standing what happened. I guess the majority of story has already been confirmed by the court.

Pozdrav susjed/komšija! ;)
Old 04-16-2013, 09:15 AM   #80
Maksimilian
Decent playground baller

Maksimilian has decent reputationMaksimilian has decent reputation

My family were all Partizans in World War 2. My family faught against the Ustase, Nazis and the Cetniks. I dont support the Cetniks, but you cant compare them to the Ustase.

Cetniks were the first armed resistence in occupied Europe, fighting Nazis before it was cool! Theres a reason its leader Draza Mihajlovic was rewarded the highest military honor by the United States of America after ww2 (The Legion of Merit) and French President Charles De Gaulle called him a "True Hero" and refused to ever meet Tito because he executed him . They also saved 500 stranded American pilots during the war and saved many Serbian lives (Which of cors im thankful for). And if theyre so bad why are Cetniks and their families allowed to walk side by side in Rememberance Marches with other Allied forces throughout America, Canada, Australia, England and France?

There are some negative aspects of the Cetniks though. Some splinter groups were definately involved in massacres of Croatian and Muslim populations, and im very sorry to hear that. Others joined with the Nazis to stop spread of Communism. Others chose not to fight at all. But these were in the minority and not part of the Cetnik-proper groups. But then again it was the middle of a war, and Serbians were been butchered in the hundreds of thousands by pro- Nazi Croats and Muslims, so some revenge was bound to happen. Sad, but true.

You need to face cold heart facts that the rest of the World sees the Cetniks as Allies and Heroes. Only in Croatia and Bosnia do they have negative connotations :)

Yes I agree lets let the International Tribune make the final verdict. That joke of a court that hasn't held any French, British, Russian, American, Saudi etc political leaders responsible for the millions of civilian deaths in the last 60 years. The court that picks on small insiginifant countries and tries to preach what the rulers of the world dont practice. The court of fairness, freedom and democracy. Yeah ****en right.

Over this topic :)
Maksimilian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 05:24 PM   #81
fiddy
HC4L

fiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Lots of Balkans pride in the thread.

I always had the impression that the west (western Europe) doesnt want a strong country in the Balkans.

And Macedonia is Bulgarian
joking :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
The staffing agency pays them a salary, but also bills them for services rendered. Creating a situation where they pay minimum wage in a legal sense but operate far below the cost level of the domestic workforce. It's a loophole. The Poles don't get jobs because they work harder, they get jobs because they cost less than minimum wage and can easily be exploited.
Same situation with bulgarians as well. But thats what happen when uninformed and uneducated people are forced(out of misery) to emigrate. These so called agency take full advantage of such people.
As for UK, bulgarians currently can work as self employed, but there are agencies that offer house cleaning service and have contacts of bulgarian maids that work for them. They get an order>send "self empoyed"maid to clean the house> get paid> pay pennies to the worker that did the actual work.
At your earlier remark in the thread about my knowledge of the EU, you're correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack

Dont mean to be rude but wtf does that mean?
fiddy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 06:41 PM   #82
Jack
I hit open layups

You are not rude.

To build = in a way to co operate and make countries in the region better (economically and socially). Just like countries in the EU wanna build better Europe.

I am not gonna comment on Serbian propaganda anymore. My dad fought Chetnik's who did a massacre in the nearby towns. My dad also got shot in a leg by chetnik's.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: