Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: PG Spot

Good college starter

Default PG Spot

The Jazz should keep an eye on these PGs in the draft.

Trey Burke

Ray McCallum

Lorenzo Brown

Isaiah Canaan

CJ McCollum

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Default Re: PG Spot

Are these pure pg's or combo guards? The way Burks is looking a combo guard might make a lot of sense. Could have a lot of diversity running the offense through Burks, Hayward or another guard. Would never have worked with Sloan but now it might make sense. They might want to look for more of a veteran if they get someone like Patty Mills as is rumored too.

Good college starter

They are pass-first guards.

Burke reminds me of CP3.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/C.J.-McCollum-5860/

He sounds like their guy to me. A combo guard. Would allow Hayward and Burks to still have the ball in their hands as well. Looks like he is projected around where they will be picking and they will likely have GS' pick if they need to move up a bit too.

http://nbadraft.net/players/isaiah-canaan

This guy could be a fallback choice. Some others might have more potential than these two but more question marks as to their fit.

Arthur (Arizona) Would the Jazz draft Trey Burke is he was available? Would they draft Cauley-Stein as a 3rd big? Chad Ford (1:23 PM) I have the Jazz taking Burke at No. 14 in our Lottery Mock Draft Machine. Not totally sure he'll be there, but if he is, seems like a good fit. PG is a priority for them. Michael Carter-Williams is a possibility for them if he slides. I hear they also like Myck Kabongo and Lorenzo Brown a bit. Ditto for Nate Wolters. But 14 might be a little high for all of those guys. ESPN.com

Read more at http://*********.com/rumors.htm#bTTWBSjFJA22Wakb.99
    Jazz don't need a 3rd big. They need a small guard. Their other picks should be traded or used to stash guys overseas which seems like a possibility with a former Spur as GM. They don't need to get younger other than a small guard.

I could say them taking guys with a possible trade in mind for someone like Bledsoe when he becomes available after Chris Paul re-signs.
    Last edited by Xiao Yao You; 03-13-2013 at 11:20 PM.

[QUOTE]Oklahoma State point guard Marcus Smart

Based on what I've read he sounds like their guy to me too. Says he might be moving up towards the top of the draft though so unless they get lucky in the lottery or can move up they might not get him. They need someone multi-skilled to play with G and Burks. Handle the ball, score off the dribble, shoot off the ball, match-up defensively.

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
    Based on what I've read he sounds like their guy to me too. Says he might be moving up towards the top of the draft though so unless they get lucky in the lottery or can move up they might not get him. They need someone multi-skilled to play with G and Burks. Handle the ball, score off the dribble, shoot off the ball, match-up defensively.
    Sounds like they'll need to move up to the 5-7 range to guarantee they get him.

Maybe. At least 15 teams interviewing him. Didn't say if the Jazz were. We will know soon if the get really lucky in the lottery.

Looks like Orlando should be looking to draft a pg which sounds likely to be Burke that high up. Might be able to trade down and still get him or someone else if he's not their guy. NO, Charlotte, Kings, Detroit, Minnesota, OKC, and Dallas could be looking at pg/combo guards too I'd think. Dallas might be trading their pick though.
    Last edited by Xiao Yao You; 05-24-2013 at 02:42 AM.

The 22-year-old Isaiah Canaan said he earlier worked out for San Antonio. And he has more workouts scheduled with Indiana, New York, Cleveland, Phoenix, Dallas and Utah. "I'm just going out there and having fun and showing what I can do," Canaan said. Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel
    He sounds like a good fit if they can't get McCOllom somehow.

Sounds like Boston made a promise to draft Schroeder at #16 if he's available.

I saw that. Jazz will have to take him with their first pick if they want him.

One unconfirmed rumor that's surfaced is the Kings offering point guard Isaiah Thomas to the Cavs for the No. 19 pick

News-Herald
    If that doesn't happen he might be worth the Jazz's 2nd pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
    I saw that. Jazz will have to take him with their first pick if they want him.

If that doesn't happen he might be worth the Jazz's 2nd pick.
    Sounds like the Kings have got a target on someone who's going to be picked around that area. If the Cavs pass and he's still available when the Jazz pick, you'd think they'd make that offer to the Jazz.

Suppose it depends on who the Jazz pick at #14 though.