Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-23-2013, 01:22 AM   #16
IamRAMBO24
NBA lottery pick

Default Re: A good documentary for those who fear North Korea

At least I don't take some bullsh*t documentary that shows absolutely nothing about NK's military and then prematurely conclude they are a "joke." That documentary reveals nothing about the military and yet you guys are talking about their military. That's like me watching the food network about China and then concluding their military is sh*tty because their food looks sh*tty. Please.
IamRAMBO24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 01:25 AM   #17
IamRAMBO24
NBA lottery pick

Study their military might; you will be surprise what they are capable of.

Oh btw, the reason why their economy is sh*tty is because of sanctions; it has absolutely nothing to do with their "leader being a d*ck and starving their people."

Do your research and stop encouraging childish premature insights that relies on sound bites played over the media as your only source of info.
IamRAMBO24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 10:24 PM   #18
RidonKs
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamRAMBO24
Oh btw, the reason why their economy is sh*tty is because of sanctions; it has absolutely nothing to do with their "leader being a d*ck and starving their people."
same thing though. they're isolated from the international system because for 50-odd years they've been lead by a stubborn family of reckless autocrats who clearly care more about their own internal power games than they do about the wellbeing of their people. course you can at least commend em a little bit for resisting american/euro hegemony and all that. not an easy accomplishment and there aren't really many options for going about it; they happened to pick the worst one and they've got nothing in the way of natural resources to fall back on, so it's really going poorly for them

long story short, their leader is being a d*ck and starving their people

as for their military might, i just listened to a Common Sense w/ Dan Carlin ep on NK today, all about their military might and blustering. he breaks it down pretty well overall i think, but his major point is their war capacity like jizzo said is ridiculously limited. they look good on paper with a large air force, thousands of tanks, conscription, etc. but on the other hand, they tech is ancient, they're soldiers can hardly be expected to remain loyal, they have no fuel, etc etc etc

its all posturing. and the most annoying part of it is it fits both sides agendas so damn well... NK gets to pretend they can compete with "THE ENEMY" on the international stage, America gets to pretend they actually have an enemy worth competing with, and the stronger NK looks, the stronger US gets to look. meanwhile even respectable networks like CBC up here was updating the country every hour on "important developments" without even a hint of incredulity. ugh
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:00 PM   #19
bmulls
Great college starter

I don't think anybody is afraid of losing a war against NK, I think they are scared that NK could do a lot of damage and kill a whole bunch of South Koreans in Seoul before we would be able to stop them. It would be an absolutely suicidal move on the part of NK, but nobody trusts Kim Jong Un to make rational decisions.
bmulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:20 PM   #20
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmulls
I don't think anybody is afraid of losing a war against NK, I think they are scared that NK could do a lot of damage and kill a whole bunch of South Koreans in Seoul before we would be able to stop them. It would be an absolutely suicidal move on the part of NK, but nobody trusts Kim Jong Un to make rational decisions.

Any rational person knows NK is a joke. US loves to play up the threat of NK to further support their military complex and to have a reason to fly jets and shit in that area.

It's funny because every nation in the region flex their military muscles with testing missions and stuff but once NK does it everyone screams that they are going to invade. They aren't going to invade shit and their leader, despite how childish he may be, knows he'll end up like Gaddafi if he ever attempts to make a move...
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:21 PM   #21
Draz
Like a Baoss.

Guess things have been calmed down huh
Draz is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: