Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-01-2013, 11:37 PM   #3286
eliteballer
NBA rookie of the year

eliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputation
Default Re: A Game of Thrones

I can't be the only one who thinks the prequel story about Robert's Rebellion is arguably better than the main storyline.
eliteballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 04:59 AM   #3287
Ancient Legend
Possessed by B-Ball

Ancient Legend is a pretty well-respected posterAncient Legend is a pretty well-respected posterAncient Legend is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliteballer
I can't be the only one who thinks the prequel story about Robert's Rebellion is arguably better than the main storyline.

Rhaegar Targaryen vs Robert Baratheon

Howland Reed and Ned Stark vs Arthur Dayne

“And now it begins,” said Ser Arthur Dayne, the Sword of the Morning. He unsheathed Dawn and held it with both hands. The blade was pale as milkglass, alive with light.
“No,” Ned said with sadness in his voice. “Now it ends.”
Ancient Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 03:01 PM   #3288
highwhey
el vato encabronado

highwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I wish they had more than 10 episodes a season. Even sopranos had like 13? And we all know game of thrones >>>>>>>>>>>>>>sopranos

Son of a btch. I tried using hbo go on my ipad and I guess it was cancelled. I just realized that the account belonged to my friends but they just moved out so they canceled their subscription. Fck me.

:/

Last edited by highwhey : 05-02-2013 at 03:05 PM.
highwhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 03:11 PM   #3289
Andrei89
#HEATNATION

Andrei89 has decent reputationAndrei89 has decent reputation

Game of Thrones > Sopranos ?

You should kill yourself for this statement.

The only one that has a possibility of argument over Sopranos is The Wire. And I am not even sure about that.
Andrei89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 03:42 PM   #3290
highwhey
el vato encabronado

highwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrei89
Game of Thrones > Sopranos ?

You should kill yourself for this statement.

The only one that has a possibility of argument over Sopranos is The Wire. And I am not even sure about that.
First off, sopranos is overrated. I'd take the wire over it too. Second off, the depth of game of thrones is unmatched by sopranos. Game of thrones has wayyyy better characters and the roles they execute are perfect. Tywin, tyrion, recently Jaime, dany, etc. especially this season, the acting has been great and the story is a lot more interesting.

Apples and oranges, sure, but there were a lot of soprano episodes i couldn't keep my interest in. Game of thrones? Sheeeeit, I rewatch the episodes every once in a while. Just wait till this season is over, you will fcking jack off to the upcoming episodes.
Old 05-02-2013, 03:48 PM   #3291
Rubio2Gasol
College star

Rubio2Gasol has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancient Legend
Rhaegar Targaryen vs Robert Baratheon

Howland Reed and Ned Stark vs Arthur Dayne

“And now it begins,” said Ser Arthur Dayne, the Sword of the Morning. He unsheathed Dawn and held it with both hands. The blade was pale as milkglass, alive with light.
“No,” Ned said with sadness in his voice. “Now it ends.”

Who would be the Tyrion's and Jon Snow's in these tho? Vulnerability is what hero's are made of in fantasy.

Robert seems like a bad ass tho - before the obesity, alcoholism and delusion. Would make for some epic battle scenes.
Rubio2Gasol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 04:04 PM   #3292
longtime lurker
NBA sixth man of the year

longtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubio2Gasol
Who would be the Tyrion's and Jon Snow's in these tho? Vulnerability is what hero's are made of in fantasy.

Robert seems like a bad ass tho - before the obesity, alcoholism and delusion. Would make for some epic battle scenes.

Benjen and Stannis would be two guys I would like to see fleshed out. Living in their brother's shadows, it would be interesting to see the decisions that led Benjen to join the Nights watch especially since what happened to Ned mirrored what happened to Rickard Stark and Brandon. Also there would be some seriously awesome father vs son tension going on with Rhaegar and Aerys.
longtime lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 05:57 PM   #3293
Pointguard

Pointguard is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePointguard is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePointguard is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePointguard is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePointguard is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePointguard is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePointguard is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePointguard is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePointguard is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePointguard is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePointguard is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

If I recall right, Tywin went in on Jaime about being called King Slayer. Tywin knows everything. Why would he go off on Jaime having known the situation?
Pointguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:07 PM   #3294
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwhey
I wish they had more than 10 episodes a season. Even sopranos had like 13? And we all know game of thrones >>>>>>>>>>>>>>sopranos

Son of a btch. I tried using hbo go on my ipad and I guess it was cancelled. I just realized that the account belonged to my friends but they just moved out so they canceled their subscription. Fck me.

:/
GoT also costs alot more to produce though wish we had 24 episode seasons.
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:27 PM   #3295
Pointguard

Pointguard is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePointguard is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePointguard is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePointguard is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePointguard is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePointguard is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePointguard is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePointguard is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePointguard is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePointguard is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePointguard is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor
GoT also costs alot more to produce though wish we had 24 episode seasons.

The Author's introduction of a hundred new characters every season makes it kind of unpractical. The production cost irks me every time I watch it. I'm surprised they co-signed for it. I really think the casting hire had to sell them on the idea of nudity and their acute eye for women with nice butts. Otherwise they don't do the show. You have to keep the audience grounded in some matter and they have done that right.
Pointguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 11:33 AM   #3296
GatorKid117
Oh the Bealsanity

GatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation here

Just started watching the show 4 days ago and I'm caught up.

Have to say it lived up to the hype. Like others have said, that Jaime monologue was badass. Looking forward to seeing how his character progresses.
GatorKid117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 03:56 PM   #3297
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner

DonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
First off, sopranos is overrated. I'd take the wire over it too. Second off, the depth of game of thrones is unmatched by sopranos. Game of thrones has wayyyy better characters and the roles they execute are perfect. Tywin, tyrion, recently Jaime, dany, etc. especially this season, the acting has been great and the story is a lot more interesting.

Apples and oranges, sure, but there were a lot of soprano episodes i couldn't keep my interest in. Game of thrones? Sheeeeit, I rewatch the episodes every once in a while. Just wait till this season is over, you will fcking jack off to the upcoming episodes.

Game of Thrones, good show but really just a tame cliff notes version of the books which are excellent. Most definitely not in the conversation with the Sopranos/The Wire. Hell, not even in the conversation with Mad Men right now. It's on the level of a Breaking Bad, maybe even a notch lower.
DonDadda59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 05:51 PM   #3298
highwhey
el vato encabronado

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDadda59

Game of Thrones, good show but really just a tame cliff notes version of the books which are excellent. Most definitely not in the conversation with the Sopranos/The Wire. Hell, not even in the conversation with Mad Men right now. It's on the level of a Breaking Bad, maybe even a notch lower.
mad men is boring
Old 05-03-2013, 06:00 PM   #3299
Patrick Chewing
Cobra Kai Sensei

Patrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Haven't seen much HBO Original programming, but if we're comparing shows, I would put HBO's Rome slightly ahead of GOT even though Rome was cut short.
Patrick Chewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 06:58 PM   #3300
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner

DonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
mad men is boring

So basically you just have a very short attention span. How old are you?

Quote:
Haven't seen much HBO Original programming, but if we're comparing shows, I would put HBO's Rome slightly ahead of GOT even though Rome was cut short.

Loved that show. Too bad it became way too expensive to produce. They were planning on doing at least one more season, probably two.
DonDadda59 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: