Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-30-2013, 11:24 PM   #451
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: MLB Thread 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
Not watching but looking at the boxscore and I see the Braves are up 8-1 in the 6th, and then I see Gio Gonzalez's line: 4 IP, 7 H, 5 ER, 9 SO.

Not very often you see a pitcher only last 4 innings, give up 7 hits and 5 runs, and still strikeout 9. But that's also about the perfect way to sum up the Braves lineup.
Uggla and BJ Upton cannot hit big league pitching right now. They are almost automatic outs at this point.

Tim Hudson with his 200th career win, a double, and a bomb! He won't forget this one anytime soon!
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 01:00 AM   #452
clipse026
Local High School Star

clipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected poster

Bj Upton is straight trash. But I'm a hater . I've hated him for the last 5 years.
clipse026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 06:20 AM   #453
sunsfan1357
Word.

sunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
Not watching but looking at the boxscore and I see the Braves are up 8-1 in the 6th, and then I see Gio Gonzalez's line: 4 IP, 7 H, 5 ER, 9 SO.

Not very often you see a pitcher only last 4 innings, give up 7 hits and 5 runs, and still strikeout 9. But that's also about the perfect way to sum up the Braves lineup.
Didn't Halladay strike out 9 in 3.1 IP while getting shelled for 5 runs? I think you'll be seeing this very often from ATL.
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 12:58 PM   #454
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Also Jeff Samardzija Struck out 13 batters in 5.2 Innings while giving up 4 ER's this season.

Is anyone else completely surprised at how god awful Matt Cain has been this season?
irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 01:33 PM   #455
Rose
Moon Wizard

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by irondarts
Also Jeff Samardzija Struck out 13 batters in 5.2 Innings while giving up 4 ER's this season.

Is anyone else completely surprised at how god awful Matt Cain has been this season?
Swapped him for Adam Jones after his third start (I also took on Jarrod Parker)

Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 04:11 PM   #456
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The Reds have had a weird first month of the season. They are banged up, and the pieces they are missing, for whatever reason, have been harder to replace than Joey Votto last year. The overall offensive numbers rank somewhat favorably for them, but this team goes through long droughts, and waste a number of good pitching outings. They just seem "low energy" at times. I think they will bounce out of the doldrums, but it seems like they could use a high energy player at times. You know you aren't getting that out of the dugout. Dusty Baker is calm--to a fault.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:27 PM   #457
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The Rockies have signed RHP Roy Oswalt to a Minor League Contract.
Old 05-02-2013, 11:11 PM   #458
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Manny Machado is quietly having an awesome season.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 11:54 PM   #459
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I cannot wait for the other 5 guys in the Braves lineup to start swinging it a bit. Uggla is a total lost cause, but once Heyward and McCann get back into the lineup and hopefully BJ Upton and Simmons start swinging it a bit, they'll have a little more balance. Right now outside of Johnson/Upton/Freeman, nobody on that team can hit shit.

Zimmermann/Haren laughed at the Braves lineup the last two games. Sucks to win the first two against the Nats and only end up with a split.

Last edited by johndeeregreen : 05-02-2013 at 11:57 PM.
Old 05-02-2013, 11:56 PM   #460
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
Manny Machado is quietly having an awesome season.
Not to argue semantics, but I always have a really hard time saying anyone's have any kind of "season" when there are still 130 baseball games left.

That said, he's swinging it right now. I have MLBTV and lately the O's have been on a West Coast trip and have been the late game, so I've been seeing their club a little bit. There's a lot to like on that B-More club. Man the AL East is still deadly even when the Sox/Yanks aren't what they usually are.
Old 05-03-2013, 10:35 AM   #461
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
Not to argue semantics, but I always have a really hard time saying anyone's have any kind of "season" when there are still 130 baseball games left.

That said, he's swinging it right now. I have MLBTV and lately the O's have been on a West Coast trip and have been the late game, so I've been seeing their club a little bit. There's a lot to like on that B-More club. Man the AL East is still deadly even when the Sox/Yanks aren't what they usually are.

That same thought crossed my mind but I figured everyone would let it slide. Looking back across last year two gives an 80 game sample size and his numbers look pretty good.

It's pretty awesome to see all the young talent blossoming in baseball this year.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 01:46 PM   #462
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
That same thought crossed my mind but I figured everyone would let it slide. Looking back across last year two gives an 80 game sample size and his numbers look pretty good.
Yeah, for sure, just sayin'. With Machado, like every other young player, I'll hold off judgment for awhile because it happens so often that talented young kids come up, hit the shit out of the ball for awhile, and then pitchers start to figure them out. Those that can make adjustments become good hitters, those that struggle to become Jeff Francoeur, and those that just straight up can't become Travis Snider (who is still young, just an example from this thread though) or Geovany Soto.

Last edited by johndeeregreen : 05-03-2013 at 01:57 PM.
Old 05-03-2013, 01:59 PM   #463
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipse026
Bj Upton is straight trash. But I'm a hater . I've hated him for the last 5 years.
If he can give the Braves .250/20 HR and play a decent CF, I'll be more than happy. The way he's swinging right now it may be expecting a lot, though.
Old 05-04-2013, 10:41 PM   #464
Rose
Moon Wizard

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

If only Houston was in the central.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 12:48 AM   #465
irondarts

David Price has been awful this year.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: