Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 05-08-2013, 11:32 AM   #121
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: 2013 Knicks Playoff Run thread

Thanks a lot Rameek for the suggestion btw! I'll check it out. Does it have any side effects?
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 12:13 PM   #122
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by airchibundo507
Melo's game was absolutely flawless. 3 assists, 0 turnovers. Each assist was a three-pointer. I'm glad Melo heard Bernard King's comments about him being selfish. He was primarily a facilitator and decoy in the first half. He missed shots, yes, but the vast majority of his shots were high-percentage shots. Him erupting in the second half bodes well for the future. With the three day layoff I expect him to be healthier and fresher and prefer more up to par with his regular season performance (44-46% FG).

He's gotta stop the rushed pull-up three pointers, though. His three hasn't been falling and those are wasted possessions.
I actually don't mind him taking quick threes. They are good shots if he's open and in rhythm. It's surely better than him isolating,holding the ball for 10 seconds and then take a long range contested jumper.

I hope his shoulder will feel better after this 3 day rest. We need him to play well in order to beat Indiana.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 03:07 PM   #123
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
Thanks a lot Rameek for the suggestion btw! I'll check it out. Does it have any side effects?
It's for short term use but this is from that website. I've used it though.
Quote:
Echinacea is LIKELY SAFE for most people when used short-term. There is not enough information to know if echinacea is safe for long-term use. Some side effects have been reported such as fever, nausea, vomiting, unpleasant taste, stomach pain, diarrhea, sore throat, dry mouth, headache, numbness of the tongue, dizziness, insomnia, disorientation, and joint and muscle aches.

Echinacea is POSSIBLY SAFE in children. It seems to be safe in most children ages 2-11 years. However, about 7% of these children may experience a rash that could be due to an allergic reaction. There is some concern that allergic reactions to echinacea could be more severe in some children. For this reason, some regulatory organizations have recommended against giving echinacea to children under 12 years of age.

Echinacea is most likely to cause allergic reactions in children and adults who are allergic to ragweed, mums, marigolds, or daisies. If you have allergies, be sure to check with your healthcare provider before taking echinacea.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 04:27 PM   #124
ClutchOver9000
#Knickstape

ClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by airchibundo507
Kidd is a liability on offense but on defense he was stellar. Our defense flipped a switch in the second half, and part of that was the trap with KMart on high pick and rolls. That pressure startled their perimeter guys into turnovers and disrupted their ability to function in the halfcourt, directly resulting in their drought. Kidd played a crucial role in some of those aggressive traps, deflecting passes and D-ing up George one-on-one several occasions and holding him scoreless, etc.

Chandler is just completely useless. He is our best defender on Hibbert just because he is long, I'll give him that. But his help defense is non existent.

I find it crazy how exempt from criticism Chandler is. DPOY last year, credited for "changing the defensive culture", the "leader of the team" etc...

Didn't he only grab 4 boards or something? Guy is 7'1. Thats Brook Lopez-ish rebounding right there...

If you're gonna be an offensive liability, then you better damn well do your best Reggie Evans impression, crash the glass consistently, and mop up as many missed shots as possible.
ClutchOver9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 05:58 PM   #125
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

We'll win one in Indiana.

Maybe 2
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 06:06 PM   #126
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected poster

Lets see Knick fans watch the games please they box out Chandler on every play because a majority of the time he's alone on the offensive and defensive boards. And before you rattle off that Melo has x amount of rebounds half of them are from his own misses. This is why people are begging for Woody to go big.
Old 05-08-2013, 07:01 PM   #127
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
Lets see Knick fans watch the games please they box out Chandler on every play because a majority of the time he's alone on the offensive and defensive boards. And before you rattle off that Melo has x amount of rebounds half of them are from his own misses. This is why people are begging for Woody to go big.
That's simply wrong. Melo has 20 rebounds for the series. Only 4 of them are offensive.
Chandler has 7 rebounds for the series and 3 of them are offensive.

You just can't defend that. If you're 7'1 you can average 3.5 rebounds per game just by standing on the court for 30 minutes. Eventually the ball will come into your hands off the miss.
I remember in game 2 on one occasion Tyson had 2 options,either to contest from their guard or box out Hibbert. He let the guard shoot but he didn't box out Hibbert. Instead he was just standing and then pushed Hibbert in the back after the guard missed the shot. Of course,he got called for a foul. That's just poor effort. Nothing else.
People are saying Melo can't do anything else but score. Well you know what,he's been rebounding and defending better than our 7'1 DPOY.

NO MORE EXCUSES FOR TYSON CHANDLER. IT'S THE PLAYOFFS. HE NEEDS TO SHOW UP OR GTFO.

Last edited by Clutch : 05-08-2013 at 07:15 PM.
Old 05-08-2013, 07:37 PM   #128
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
That's simply wrong. Melo has 20 rebounds for the series. Only 4 of them are offensive.
Chandler has 7 rebounds for the series and 3 of them are offensive.

You just can't defend that. If you're 7'1 you can average 3.5 rebounds per game just by standing on the court for 30 minutes. Eventually the ball will come into your hands off the miss.
I remember in game 2 on one occasion Tyson had 2 options,either to contest from their guard or box out Hibbert. He let the guard shoot but he didn't box out Hibbert. Instead he was just standing and then pushed Hibbert in the back after the guard missed the shot. Of course,he got called for a foul. That's just poor effort. Nothing else.
People are saying Melo can't do anything else but score. Well you know what,he's been rebounding and defending better than our 7'1 DPOY.

NO MORE EXCUSES FOR TYSON CHANDLER. IT'S THE PLAYOFFS. HE NEEDS TO SHOW UP OR GTFO.
I watch the games and I see that opponents puts bodies on Chandler so he cant rebound. Teams know the weakness of the Knicks we play small so just body him and there arent many other Knicks that will rebound or mix it up in the trench.

If you dont like Chandler dont watch him put the remote on block out chandler mode.....

Like I said before this stuff is repetitive and it no one cares about the bitching and moaning of the same stuff all the time. You can vent its your right but how many pages can be dedicated to the same complaints. No one is arguing the points Beating a dead horse. It just doesnt matter at this point if you havent like him all season then it aint going to change now. I already posted all the same complaints got anything new? No ok lets move on.

You do realize what CHandler does or doesnt do wont be the reason this team wins or loozez.

At this point I dont care about those warts it was good enough to win 50 plus games and a 2nd seed. Its good enough to get them to the ECF.

Let's go Knicks!
Old 05-08-2013, 07:53 PM   #129
Clutch
Stop flopping

What about the defense ? Are they "blocking him out" and preventing to play defense too ?

Tyson Chandler has sucked in this series. Anyone who can't see this is blind. The only good thing that he did was setting screens.

And I disagree about your "How Tyson plays won't decide the series" statement. Everything matters and when you're playing against a big team your center will need to step up even more.
The more rebound we get and the better our defense is the less Melo and J.R. need to score for us to win.
Eventually we got to make shots but I'm pissed at poor effort from our starting center. That's why I go at him so much.

Last edited by Clutch : 05-08-2013 at 08:03 PM.
Old 05-08-2013, 11:58 PM   #130
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

in game 2, all the screens tyson set led to 42 points, freeing up guys for driving lanes or open shots, heard someone on the radio talking about it

o and we did outrebound indiana in game 2

dont be fooled by numbers, 4 is little, but the other guys are stepping in for tyson while hes covering for melo's man and his, if hes not rebounding, other guys like iman and melo or jr are there to pick it up, those 3 guys had 6,9,6 respectively, so unless you want the game to be extended so that tyson can pick up those magical extra possessions to stat pad for your liking, those numbers wont be there when our guards are cleaning it up

and we gave up only 7 offensive rebounds, while we managed 13. yea he cud have gotten a potential 7 more boards by playing a bit harder, but thats something i can overlook when we held our own on the boards

ive seen hibbert go apeshit on other teams, but the best he can get is 14 so far

i think the game 1 effort, the knicks went in thinking, o yea were suppose to be here "as everyones been saying in their ears" and overlooked the pacers, and probably had the heat in the back of their minds

but i think their focused now after getting beat

Last edited by bluechox2 : 05-09-2013 at 12:09 AM.
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 12:35 AM   #131
el gringos
Good college starter

el gringos is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
I watch the games and I see that opponents puts bodies on Chandler so he cant rebound. Teams know the weakness of the Knicks we play small so just body him and there arent many other Knicks that will rebound or mix it up in the trench.

If you dont like Chandler dont watch him put the remote on block out chandler mode.....

Like I said before this stuff is repetitive and it no one cares about the bitching and moaning of the same stuff all the time. You can vent its your right but how many pages can be dedicated to the same complaints. No one is arguing the points Beating a dead horse. It just doesnt matter at this point if you havent like him all season then it aint going to change now. I already posted all the same complaints got anything new? No ok lets move on.

You do realize what CHandler does or doesnt do wont be the reason this team wins or loozez.

At this point I dont care about those warts it was good enough to win 50 plus games and a 2nd seed. Its good enough to get them to the ECF.

Let's go Knicks!
Nothing at all with repetition of a point. Amare for Bargnani.

I think it somewhere in between you both. Yes it's clear to teams that the focus on boxing out will be chandler as the only big 90 some percent of the time- but no he is not a plus rebounder or hustler for a supposed "defensive player"

I think he is almost a bigger factor on offense w his screening and rolling than he is on defense.
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 10:24 AM   #132
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

Sorry. Not true. Can't use that excuse this time. Melo's had 18 rebounds this series. Only 4 were offensive rebounds.

Quote:
Read more at http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/new...DLhbIGC0 s.99

I almost KNEW this season would be the finale in which you finally let that Amare for Bargnani thing go. Alas....I was wrong Dude...Bargnani is hated in Toronto worse than Alex Rodriguez is in New York lol Let it go man. He's done nothing this year. What's your infatuation with us trading for this guy?
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 12:01 PM   #133
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Tyson isnt a hustle rebounder and he isnt a bruiser rebounder. Just accept it and move on. I really dont need to run down how this guy frees up others to get rebounds by being fundamentally sound. He occupies the Pacers in the block by shutting him out but that frees up other Knick players to get those rebounds. This why he and Kenyon make a good tandem.

The guy isnt going to be the sole reason the Knicks win or lose.

The Knicks will win or lose by how Melo and JR play. If they play smart the Knicks will win. Then role players has to make their shots. Hustle on defense as a team.

Felton and Shump have been so great.
Old 05-09-2013, 12:14 PM   #134
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Quote:
Originally Posted by el gringos
I dont know if I ever commented on your proposal.

I do understand why you think this would work. Your logic and on paper it does make sense.

I dont like it because he is a volume shooter and not efficient. Maybe with Melo they can give each other space for better looks.
Stat and Bargs are not healthy players.
Bargs is a liability on the defensive end, not a rebounder, and not a great passer.
The Knicks will have to take back Landry Fields in the deal.

I rather keep Stat than take back Bargs and Landry.
Old 05-09-2013, 06:15 PM   #135
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The Knicks an impressive win though, I actually felt everyone had a good portion in the victory.

The way the Knicks played ios the way they should ALWAYS play.

Everyone had a chance to have the ball in theirs hands and a chance to score.

4 of 5 starters had 3+ asissts, why I think has only happened twice in the teams playoff run this season.

Not really sure why the rebounding is even being discussed.

Of course the Pacers would have a ton of rebounds if the Knicks miss a ton of bad shots (game 1), but game two the offense was vastly better featuring good shots from everywhere, so less defensive boards for Indy to get.

Honestly I dont care who gets the rebound, just like I dont care who scores the points, as long as everyone has a fair share to participate in such.

I saw that in game two, and hopefully that will continue.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: