Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-10-2013, 03:00 PM   #1
bladefd
Good college starter

bladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Quality of Movies nowadays fallen?

It bums me out to say this, but has anyone else noticed that the quality of Hollywood movies has fallen significantly in the last few years? It seems like there are maybe ~4 solid movies each year. Everything else seems average at best. I don't think my standards have risen too far. + I'm only in my mid-20's so it's not like I have nostalgia like somebody in their 50's or 60's talking about how awesome their era was 40 years ago.

Are people running out of great ideas or are there fewer great writers left in the industry? Maybe the great writers require a lot of money since good story writing requires more time+money? Instead of spending money on great scripts, producers are spending more on the actors/actresses/directors/marketing? Have Hollywood producers figured out that the average Joe public has lesser attention spans now so they can market average movies with tons of special effects? Maybe the average Joe/Jane is more impressed by special effects than actual plots?

Tell me.. What has happened to this magnificent movie industry?? Seems like there are fewer and fewer great movies yearly, yet the average movies are finding ways to make half a billion to up to a billion dollars globally. How is that happening??
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 03:06 PM   #2
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Quality of Movies nowadays fallen?

There's still a lot of good/quality movies out there, but I think a big problem is that special effects and visuals have completely taken priority over good storytelling and memorable characters

Prime example being the new Star Wars Trilogy. Amazing special effects, but it didnt capture any of the heart and character effort that made the originals good. The original trilogy had memorable quote after memorable quote...I challenge anyone to give me 2-3 memorable quotes from the new trilogy. Good writing has just been bumped aside because people want 3D, people want special effects, and people want explosions.
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 03:24 PM   #3
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

ProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Quality of Movies nowadays fallen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Low
There's still a lot of good/quality movies out there, but I think a big problem is that special effects and visuals have completely taken priority over good storytelling and memorable characters

Prime example being the new Star Wars Trilogy. Amazing special effects, but it didnt capture any of the heart and character effort that made the originals good. The original trilogy had memorable quote after memorable quote...I challenge anyone to give me 2-3 memorable quotes from the new trilogy. Good writing has just been bumped aside because people want 3D, people want special effects, and people want explosions.

Nailed it.

- There are good movies, but they're tougher to find and most likely won't get a wide release.

- CGI and special effects are far too emphasized.

- Lack of good writing and actual storytelling.
ProfessorMurder is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: