Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-10-2013, 04:54 PM   #16
ILLsmak
Life goes on.

ILLsmak has decent reputationILLsmak has decent reputation
Default Re: Famous People with ADHD

Not buying some of these. lol... Poe, rly?

-Smak
ILLsmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 05:24 PM   #17
OhNoTimNoSho
Your King

OhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation here

ADD and ADHD make me think that eventually really lazy people could be diagnosed with CDD (Caring Deficit Disorder) and prescribed drugs to make them care.

Sure ADD and ADHD are a thing, there are people with behavior patterns that make it hard for them to pay attention and over time it becomes ingrained into them that it is a part of them and actually changes their chemical make up. But the root of it all is completely mental. Catering to this sort of weak pathetic mental behavior with special accommodations and drugs is what makes this state of society just sad. You think there were cavemen that couldn't pay attention? No, they would die. You think there were people in the middle ages that couldn't do their job because they were hyper? No, they would be hung or beaten or some shit.
OhNoTimNoSho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 05:33 PM   #18
Phantom_Blue
High school junior varsity star

Phantom_Blue has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhNoTimNoSho
ADD and ADHD make me think that eventually really lazy people could be diagnosed with CDD (Caring Deficit Disorder) and prescribed drugs to make them care.

Sure ADD and ADHD are a thing, there are people with behavior patterns that make it hard for them to pay attention and over time it becomes ingrained into them that it is a part of them and actually changes their chemical make up. But the root of it all is completely mental. Catering to this sort of weak pathetic mental behavior with special accommodations and drugs is what makes this state of society just sad. You think there were cavemen that couldn't pay attention? No, they would die. You think there were people in the middle ages that couldn't do their job because they were hyper? No, they would be hung or beaten or some shit.

Believe this guy, or years of medical science, research and experience...hmmmm

I think this guy on Insidehoops forum has more credibility.
Phantom_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 07:32 PM   #19
Balla_Status

Balla_Status has a terrific reputationBalla_Status has a terrific reputationBalla_Status has a terrific reputationBalla_Status has a terrific reputationBalla_Status has a terrific reputationBalla_Status has a terrific reputation

bullshit disease
Balla_Status is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 08:10 PM   #20
ace23

ace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
ADD and Depression are highly over diagnosed in the United States.
How do you know that?
ace23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 08:29 PM   #21
MetsPackers
new based god

MetsPackers has decent reputation

Quote:

This is essentially the sentiment that my crude statement was trying to get across, and basically sums up how I feel about the disorder. I fully believe that if I walked into a doctor's office today and told them I have trouble working on stuff I don't like doing, can't focus in classes, and get distracted easily, that I would be diagnosed with ADHD and be medicated. On the spot. Like it's that simple. And these are problems that literally 100% of people have. Oh, you have a problem focusing on subjects you don't like in school?? You must have a brain disorder. You get distracted by television and the internet when you should be doing homework?? You need adderall and a disorder, here's ADHD! It's just a very slippery slope IMO and eventually over like 75% of the population will be diagnosed with some sort of disorder.

It's just that the criteria is so general and so common that basically everybody has ADD. I don't think anyone should recieve this diagnosis unless there brain has literally been scanned and there is a chemical imbalance that physically proves you have the disorder.

And LOL @ the mods deleting the post of the poster who quoted me agreeing with me. Must have some pro-ADD mods or something lol. Or maybe ADHD is another zionist conspiracy to bring down America based in Israel and Jeff doesn't want their cover to get blown..
MetsPackers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 09:07 PM   #22
HarryCallahan
Banned

HarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

Yeah, this^.

I was diagnosed as having ADHD as a kid. I can tell you that I did not have a disorder. Wanting to play outside instead of sit in a classroom is incredibly orderly behaviour for a child.
HarryCallahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 11:26 PM   #23
Rojogaqu11
Great young streetballer

Rojogaqu11 has an OK reputation so far

So we conclude that all the GOATS had ADHD?
Rojogaqu11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 11:26 PM   #24
ace23

ace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetsPackers
I fully believe that if I walked into a doctor's office today and told them I have trouble working on stuff I don't like doing, can't focus in classes, and get distracted easily, that I would be diagnosed with ADHD and be medicated.
Do it, record the audio, and I'll believe you.
ace23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 11:30 PM   #25
StocktonFan
Banned

StocktonFan has an OK reputation so far

whatever helps OP sleep at night... ADHD is BS imo
StocktonFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 03:07 AM   #26
MetsPackers
new based god

MetsPackers has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace23
Do it, record the audio, and I'll believe you.

I don't want to. Refer to post #23 in this thread for further conformation
MetsPackers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 06:45 AM   #27
Booz Vivic
Local High School Star

Booz Vivic is starting to rub some people the wrong way

**** the op ad **** yall too yall hipocrytes
Booz Vivic is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: