Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-23-2013, 08:12 PM   #31
enayes
Decent college freshman

enayes is considered somewhat coolenayes is considered somewhat coolenayes is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: How often do you parallel park?

I usually just pull it in head first. If I can't make it I look for a new spot. It's not worth backing in when there are cars waiting behind you.
enayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 11:09 PM   #32
UtahJazzFan88
Jazz Fan

UtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I've had my license for 4 1/2 years (I'm 20), and I've parallel parked once. So needless to say I'm screwed when I go to big cities.

To be honest I don't even think I remember how to truly parallel park, maybe I'll wing it next time.
UtahJazzFan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 11:28 PM   #33
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

Crystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

All the time. It's not a big deal either. I grew up where parallel parking was the norm, and so were epic-sized cars that can fit a modern mid-size in their trunk.
Crystallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 11:35 PM   #34
plowking
Banned

plowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadeFromDust
What do you mean by "front on park"? Please elaborate. Thx

Like you would in a carpark, and what not. Essentially a normal park. My bad.

I just find it easier to reverse into everything. Your angles are better, more sensitive to your turning, and you have an easier time getting out afterwards. Just turn the car on and go forward.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 12:20 AM   #35
pauk
NBA Legend

pauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation here

A couple of times everyday... it aint hard? You just line yourself up close side mirror to side mirror next to the car you will be parking behind... turn the wheel entirely to right, back in until you are in "\" shape (diagonal), now turn the wheel entirely to the left and back in... yay.. :)
pauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 12:24 AM   #36
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I do it probably once or twice a year. I'm pretty decent at it. The key for me is pulling forward as close as possible next to the car that would be in front of me. Then when you back up and half of you car is past the back end of car next to you, start turning your wheel to get into the spot. The rest about familiarity with your vehicles size.
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 01:30 AM   #37
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

park assist
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 04:55 AM   #38
alenleomessi

alenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputation

well not sure how people in usa learn parallel parking when they get their license but here in macedonia we do it with no actual cars ( there are only lines), so i never really learned it properly.

summer is coming though the town will be crowded, ill have to start doing it fml
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: