Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 06-07-2013, 12:43 PM   #601
bmulls
Great college starter

Default Re: Ish Official Fit-club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scholar
I'll be doing a P90X workout called Yoga X today. I hate it because it's 1 hr & 30 minutes long, but I know yoga is an essential part of exercising if one plans to prevent injuries.

I don't do yoga but I do stretch extensively after every work out, also do a solid warmup and use a foam roller on tight/painful spots. I'm only 24 but I can already tell my body doesn't bounce back like it did when I was 18. Taking care of your body is very important if you want to do this stuff for a long time.
bmulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 11:30 PM   #602
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

Damn, leo! And all that on kallos thenos. to your li'l bro and I hope you're also doing great with your journey. Your brother have any tips for HSPUs? I really want to get at them but for some reason, when I'm finally facing the wall, I feel afraid to get on my hands. I don't know if I should really just nut up or if there's anything I can progress with to make it flow easier.

Looking good too, bmulls. Surprised it's not a backshot today. I don't think you should be worried too much about the lost muscle coz it doesn't really take anything away from what you got right now. Still yet to reach a level of ripped like that.
NotYetGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 10:21 PM   #603
plowking
greeting earthlings

Anyone here take Magnesium pills/powder?
I've been having trouble sleeping through the night, and I've heard its good for that. Also found out its great for protein synthesis, and helping with the metabolism of carbohydrates.

Anyone used any, and had some success?
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 01:06 PM   #604
JEFFERSON MONEY
A bit crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking
I've been having trouble sleeping through the night, and I've heard its good for that. Also found out its great for protein synthesis, and helping with the metabolism of carbohydrates.

pow you can actually take a salt bath with magnesium salts to have a similar renervating effect.

But ZMA gets you all three i believe.
JEFFERSON MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 10:00 PM   #605
B-Low
The Love B-Low

My shoulder is still kinda messed up so I haven't been able to do anything like bench press or pullups since March, so I've just been focusing on arms (curl variations mostly) when it comes to lifting. Seeing a little progress/growth at least.

B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 12:41 AM   #606
Rolando
High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking

+1 on the ZMA. I take one capsule every night and it makes sleeping a pleasure.
Rolando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 05:15 PM   #607
abuC
Cuba

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Low
My shoulder is still kinda messed up so I haven't been able to do anything like bench press or pullups since March, so I've just been focusing on arms (curl variations mostly) when it comes to lifting. Seeing a little progress/growth at least.

I've been working out with and through shoulder impingement syndrome since December, try doing decline bench, it removes your shoulders from the equation. My shoulder is about 90% back to where it was, still struggle with heavy OHP and incline DB bench but I can still hit my chest extremely hard with decline bench.
abuC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 02:40 AM   #608
abuC
Cuba

I got Versa Gripps 2 weeks ago and I can't recommend them enough, I've had gloves and straps in the past but these are by far the best lifting related equipment I have ever used. I've had 3 back days so far, and they have increased my deadlift, BB row, single DB row and shrug right off the bat.
abuC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 10:04 AM   #609
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by abuC
I got Versa Gripps 2 weeks ago and I can't recommend them enough, I've had gloves and straps in the past but these are by far the best lifting related equipment I have ever used. I've had 3 back days so far, and they have increased my deadlift, BB row, single DB row and shrug right off the bat.

Yeah, those look pretty good. Especially for pulling movements. You could even use them as padding for push movements. I might look into them, cause my pulling is getting stronger than my grip.

I've been looking into 'Fat-Gripz'. Read nothing but good things. Anyone have any experience with them?

Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 10:55 AM   #610
Bandito
pauk's stan

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Low

I started doing a lot of shoulder when I ****ed up my shoulder. Can't do bench press with a bar but at least I am doing them with dumbbells. I do incline, decline and normal bench press with the dumbbells. I use 50-55 for incline and decline and 60-65 for flat surface.
Bandito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 12:47 PM   #611
B-Low
The Love B-Low

Quote:
Originally Posted by abuC
I've been working out with and through shoulder impingement syndrome since December, try doing decline bench, it removes your shoulders from the equation. My shoulder is about 90% back to where it was, still struggle with heavy OHP and incline DB bench but I can still hit my chest extremely hard with decline bench.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandito
I started doing a lot of shoulder when I ****ed up my shoulder. Can't do bench press with a bar but at least I am doing them with dumbbells. I do incline, decline and normal bench press with the dumbbells. I use 50-55 for incline and decline and 60-65 for flat surface.

Nice thanks I'll give that a try for sure
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 12:52 PM   #612
bmulls
Great college starter

Be careful with wrist straps. I used them for all my pulling exercises for years, and my grip became embarrassingly weak. Took me months of excruciating farmers walks and raw deadlifts to get them caught back up. They have their place but don't become reliant on them.
bmulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 04:47 PM   #613
Scholar
Gawdbe GOATsol Nashty

Day 51 of P90X today. Still no noticeable appearance changes.

I can do more push-ups and pull-ups but... *Sigh*

Last edited by Scholar : 06-18-2013 at 04:49 PM.
Scholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 04:50 PM   #614
AlphaWolf24
Bringer of Rain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scholar
Day 51 of P90X today. Still no noticeable appearance changes.

I can do more push-ups and pull-ups but... *Sigh*

are you following teh diet plan?
AlphaWolf24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 04:55 PM   #615
Scholar
Gawdbe GOATsol Nashty

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24
are you following teh diet plan?

No, not the P90X diet plan. I lost the book.

I've been eating as healthy as possible, though.
A lot of fish, chicken breasts in correct proportions, fruits and veggies, eggs, oatmeal, various nuts (cashews, almonds, pistachios), limited bread, chicken salads, tuna, etc.

I haven't eaten fast food (other than Subway, which I don't consider unhealthy depending on the sandwich types) in over a month and change.
Scholar is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: