Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Old 04-22-2013, 02:03 PM   #16
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Should Pistons keep coach Lawrence Frank?

Not that Jeff Van Gundy was really ever a candidate, but this article shows he's really not trying to get back into coaching lol. And he's really not impressed with the Pistons front office.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ba...1156--nba.html
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:27 PM   #17
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

McMillan is the front runner for the job. This would be the first smart coaching hire we've had in a while if this actually happens.

Quote:
Former Portland and Seattle coach Nate McMillan has emerged as the front-runner to replace the fired Lawrence Frank and become the new head coach of the Detroit Pistons, according to sources familiar with Detroit's plans. New York Daily News

Quote:
Hunter is someone the Pistons could possibly consider. He enjoys a great relationship with president of basketball Joe Dumars and is well regarded by the organization. Spurs assistant Mike Budenholzer also could be a possibility for the Pistons. Detroit Free Press

Quote:
A name that hasnít been a part of the rumor mill is Thunder assistant Mo Cheeks, who was one of the best point guards in the game in the í80s and is a former head coach in Portland and Philadelphia. Itís believed he wants another shot at the top chair. Detroit Free Press
Old 04-22-2013, 09:42 PM   #18
dd24
College superstar

Apparently they're looking at a Euroleague coach too.....

http://www.detroitbadboys.com/2013/4...-pistons-coach
Old 04-24-2013, 11:08 PM   #19
dd24
College superstar

Lindsey Hunter has asked the Suns for permission to interview for the Detroit coaching job..... If Dumars even thinks for a second about hiring him over McMillan it should be his job on the line.
Old 04-30-2013, 01:50 PM   #20
dd24
College superstar

McMillan is having his interview today:

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2013/4/3...-nate-mcmillan

He's my top choice right now. They're still saying Hunter and Sampson. I'm not a fan of Sampson at all. Wasn't he in the mix last time too?
Old 05-01-2013, 07:46 PM   #21
Kombo
:)

Kombo has decent reputationKombo has decent reputation

I just really hope we're talking to Hunter as a way to help him get a job somewhere else. Loved him as a player, but we need an established coach.
Kombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 11:59 AM   #22
dd24
College superstar

It's going to be Cheeks. I really wish we would've hired McMilllan. Cheeks is an upgrade, but I'm still unsure about this one. He's a good assistant, but his head coaching is questionable. He should be able to help Knight at least. I want to see who the rest of the staff is going to be.

Quote:
Maurice Cheeks will be offered an opportunity to lead the Detroit Pistons out of a half-decade's malaise. The Pistons have settled on Cheeks as their top choice to become the franchise's 33rd head coach, according to sources, after he interviewed extensively with both owner Tom Gores and president of basketball operations Joe Dumars. Michigan Live
Old 06-10-2013, 07:23 PM   #23
dd24
College superstar

Well, it's official:http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2013/06/...-as-new-coach/

Cheeks is the coach. I really hope this works out good for Knight. Of course we have two really good big men that will need some grooming still too. I'm a little skeptical of this one. If this experiment fails it could be the end of the line for Joe D. We'll have to wait and see how the rest of the offseason shapes up and how he uses this cap space.
Old 06-13-2013, 02:55 PM   #24
Nastradamus
Local High School Star

Nastradamus is considered somewhat coolNastradamus is considered somewhat coolNastradamus is considered somewhat cool

I'm cool with Cheeks. Hope he doesn't get judged on his work with Knight because I'm afraid Knight might just suck. His WS,PER and O/D ratings are off the charts bad, which is a very bad thing for his future success.
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 03:03 PM   #25
dd24
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastradamus
I'm cool with Cheeks. Hope he doesn't get judged on his work with Knight because I'm afraid Knight might just suck. His WS,PER and O/D ratings are off the charts bad, which is a very bad thing for his future success.

I agree about Knight. I'm scared about him. That's why I wouldn't be upset with picking another PG. Knight still has potential though. I will definitely judge him on how he utilizes Knight. I wouldn't ever judge a coach on a players ability, but how they get the most out of it I will for sure. Cheeks doesn't have a good track record with his other head coaching positions. It's not the smartest hire IMO. It's a bit of an upgrade from what we've been used to, that's about it.
Old 06-13-2013, 03:34 PM   #26
Nastradamus
Local High School Star

Nastradamus is considered somewhat coolNastradamus is considered somewhat coolNastradamus is considered somewhat cool

I don't agree that he hasn't done well in other stops. Not sure you could have gotten more out of that Philly team and he won 100 games his first 2 years in Portland. He also made it into the 4th year with both teams, which isn't easy in the NBA.
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 01:38 PM   #27
dd24
College superstar

Sheed might be on the staff with Cheeks!!

Quote:
Vincent Goodwill: Heard from multiple sources that Sheed's interest in joining Mo Cheeks' staff is very, very real. #Pistons Twitter
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: