Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-18-2013, 12:24 AM   #4051
The_Yearning
The Truthteller
 
The_Yearning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 6,597
Default Re: A Game of Thrones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubio2Gasol
To me - next season is going to be the peak of the show. Oberyn and Littlefinger will own.

Oberyn was disappointing to say the least.
The_Yearning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 09:17 AM   #4052
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba
 
rufuspaul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Charlotte
Posts: 20,299
Default Re: A Game of Thrones

rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 10:30 AM   #4053
rezznor
Nosetradamus
 
rezznor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Tonga
Posts: 17,334
Default Re: A Game of Thrones

Q: why doesn't GRRM use twitter?
































A: Because he would kill all 117 characters.
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 08:50 PM   #4054
The_Yearning
The Truthteller
 
The_Yearning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 6,597
Default Re: A Game of Thrones

After finishing a Storm of Swords I have to say the show is really depicting Stannis as an idiot that can't think for himself without the Red Lady...
The_Yearning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 09:06 PM   #4055
Anti Hero
Be your own hero
 
Anti Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 8,187
Default Re: A Game of Thrones

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Yearning
After finishing a Storm of Swords I have to say the show is really depicting Stannis as an idiot that can't think for himself without the Red Lady...
IMO Stannis isn't a very well like character until he ends up at a certain place. I like the show version of Stannis, the scene where he's writing his letter about the Jaime Lannister and makes sure the Maester calls him "Ser" and also makes sure that he doesn't say that he loved Robert because it was a lie, sums him up pretty well. Stannis relied on both Mel and Davos in the book.
Anti Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 11:39 PM   #4056
The_Yearning
The Truthteller
 
The_Yearning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 6,597
Default Re: A Game of Thrones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti Hero
IMO Stannis isn't a very well like character until he ends up at a certain place. I like the show version of Stannis, the scene where he's writing his letter about the Jaime Lannister and makes sure the Maester calls him "Ser" and also makes sure that he doesn't say that he loved Robert because it was a lie, sums him up pretty well. Stannis relied on both Mel and Davos in the book.

Don't remember that scene at all. Don't think Stannis has ever uttered "Jaime" in the show before either.
The_Yearning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 11:58 PM   #4057
Anti Hero
Be your own hero
 
Anti Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 8,187
Default Re: A Game of Thrones

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Yearning
Don't remember that scene at all. Don't think Stannis has ever uttered "Jaime" in the show before either.
Around 4:30ish
Anti Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 10:11 AM   #4058
ZeN
RichardRiderLives
 
ZeN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Nova Corps.
Posts: 25,715
Default Re: A Game of Thrones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti Hero

ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 12:03 PM   #4059
ItsMillerTime
Young Trece
 
ItsMillerTime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Naptown
Posts: 1,175
Default Re: A Game of Thrones

Show Stannis > book Stannis IMO
ItsMillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 10:01 PM   #4060
The_Yearning
The Truthteller
 
The_Yearning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 6,597
Default Re: A Game of Thrones

Halfway through AFFC right now and this shit is boring is fvck cuz! Brienne getting a little too much playing time and nothing is happening.
The_Yearning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 10:29 PM   #4061
rezznor
Nosetradamus
 
rezznor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Tonga
Posts: 17,334
Default Re: A Game of Thrones

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Yearning
Halfway through AFFC right now and this shit is boring is fvck cuz! Brienne getting a little too much playing time and nothing is happening.
thats why most ppl consider it the worst of the series
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 11:08 PM   #4062
Anti Hero
Be your own hero
 
Anti Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 8,187
Default Re: A Game of Thrones

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor
thats why most ppl consider it the worst of the series
This... she just wanders and wanders.... a little bit of a pay off for her but not worth the amount of nothing she has in the book.. Other people will pay off in th end though.
Anti Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 11:37 PM   #4063
The_Yearning
The Truthteller
 
The_Yearning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 6,597
Default Re: A Game of Thrones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti Hero
This... she just wanders and wanders.... a little bit of a pay off for her but not worth the amount of nothing she has in the book.. Other people will pay off in th end though.

And her chapters are some of the longest ones with no end in sight...

Ironborn and Dorne are all interesting... Cersei and Brienne were just fillers.

I know DWD runs concurrently with this book. The show will have a tough time with anything beyond season 4 if they want to stay loyal to the books. At this rate the show will eclipse it soon. GRRM is an idiot if he thinks they can make book AFFC into 2 seasons.

AFFC and ADWD will be 2 seasons combined.
The_Yearning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 11:44 PM   #4064
Anti Hero
Be your own hero
 
Anti Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 8,187
Default Re: A Game of Thrones

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Yearning
And her chapters are some of the longest ones with no end in sight...

Ironborn and Dorne are all interesting... Cersei and Brienne were just fillers.

I know DWD runs concurrently with this book. The show will have a tough time with anything beyond season 4 if they want to stay loyal to the books. At this rate the show will eclipse it soon. GRRM is an idiot if he thinks they can make book AFFC into 2 seasons.

AFFC and ADWD will be 2 seasons combined.

To be honest, I liked the Cersei chapters, there's a definite payoff in the end.. at least for me.

In white She digs her own hole throughout the book.
Anti Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 12:52 AM   #4065
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated
 
Kblaze8855's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: I love me some me.
Posts: 13,641
Default Re: A Game of Thrones

They make 10 episodes for thousand page books. They could make 3 seasons per book if they wanted to.
Kblaze8855 is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:47 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy