Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 07-10-2013, 01:23 PM   #151
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

glidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Grand Theft Auto V discussion

I’m not excited for GTAV. I quit on the series about a quarter of the way through San Andreas. The GTAs just burned me out on the sandbox genre. I have played Red Dead Redemption and Silent Dogs since then but those had a freshness to them. I hope GTAV proves me wrong and it totally blows me away.
glidedrxlr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 03:26 PM   #152
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 09:22 PM   #153
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The fact that either this or The Last of Us will be the second best game of the year, is true astonishing.

It also makes me a little sad that we're already pushing out a new generation of consoles. It feels like we're just starting to see these things pushed to capacity.

Now we're getting knew consoles for what? So my facebook friends can see that I spent all of Saturday night playing a game about mushroom zombies? I can live without that happening. Faster load times? Cloud storage?
I'm only sort of kidding. And I'll have a PS4 pre-ordered along with Watchdogs.

But really, stuff just continues to get better on these systems, and not just in terms of my taste, which both of these hit, but what these companies are doing technically, just with the size and scope, and cinematically with their camera work, is all just worlds better it's ever been.

The details you can pick up on just this short vid are rediculous. Rhythmic mentioned how good the tennis and golf looked. The golf thing had a topspin control on screen. It could be as advanced as a real golf sim. And the quick shot of the cycling showed a stamina bar, making it look like that could even be the best road cycling sim ever.

I agree that the most exciting bit was watching the black guy (Franklin?) walk toward that factory looking building and seamlessly knock off those three guys shooting at him as he approached. The camera work looked flawless, and if they can nail that, the impact of the combat will be an enormous upgrade. I never played Max Payne, but if that's the spawn of this combat change, god bless it.

I still have some mild concerns, but I'd rather have them then know anymore, and they're all sort of taste driven storytelling type concerns. I'm not sure how crazy I'll be about the triple protaganist, especially of such archetype sort of characterizations. And the exploration is always the thing I loved most about these types of games, and I love the apparently the whole map is available right off the bat, and I can totally see myself driving around for that first week just finding little horseshit collectables, and doing side missions. But I do fear that it may wind up being too big. But as far as concerns, that's a short and frankly piceune list.

And I'm not even remotely an online type of player, but even I could get behind just exploring the city with a bunch of other people.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 10:15 PM   #154
Heavincent
5-time NBA All-Star

Heavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
The fact that either this or The Last of Us will be the second best game of the year, is true astonishing.

It's also insane how Bioshock Infinite will probably end up being my 3rd favorite game of the year.

I don't think GTA will beat out The Last of Us though.
Heavincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 10:42 PM   #155
Micku
NBA lottery pick

Micku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMicku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMicku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMicku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMicku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMicku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMicku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMicku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Come on guys. This talk about GOTY with Last of Us, GTA V, and Bioshock Infinite, but and ignoring what other games that may come out this year!

Watch Dogs is probably going to come out this year. It's set for November release. Metal Gear Solid 5 may come out this year too. Both games look AMAZING. Great competition this year. It's like we get these great games a couple months after each other.
Micku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 08:32 AM   #156
Shade8780
GOATin

Shade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Franklin
Shade8780 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 09:30 AM   #157
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?

Lebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micku
Come on guys. This talk about GOTY with Last of Us, GTA V, and Bioshock Infinite, but and ignoring what other games that may come out this year!

Watch Dogs is probably going to come out this year. It's set for November release. Metal Gear Solid 5 may come out this year too. Both games look AMAZING. Great competition this year. It's like we get these great games a couple months after each other.
I'm a huge MSG fan, but at this point they're almost closer to movies than they are to video games. MSG IV is without a doubt the game with the longest cutscene time I've ever seen in my life.
Lebowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 12:00 PM   #158
rhythmic †hesis
Welcome to LA S. Nash!

rhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micku

Games like BioShock Infinite & TLoU don't come out every 2 months, we're lucky to have games of that caliber every 3 years. In regards to TLoU, once every decade.
rhythmic †hesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 01:34 PM   #159
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

GTA 5 will be GOY. Not Bioshock Infinite, Last of Us, Watch Dogs you name it.

Take a back seat.
Old 08-07-2013, 02:23 PM   #160
rhythmic †hesis
Welcome to LA S. Nash!

rhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
GTA 5 will be GOY. Not Bioshock Infinite, Last of Us, Watch Dogs you name it.

Take a back seat.

Uhm, if San Andreas was released this year; it wouldn't beat The Last of Us bro. So unless you're that confidant that GTA V will be better then San Andreas (best GTA to date), then it ain't beating TLoU.

But I hope you're right man. This game looks so promising. The shooting mechanics...I literally jizz my pants every time I watch that scene where Franklin is shooting like 7 dudes off the roofs in 3 seconds flat.
Old 08-07-2013, 02:35 PM   #161
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhythmic †hesis
Uhm, if San Andreas was released this year; it wouldn't beat The Last of Us bro. So unless you're that confidant that GTA V will be better then San Andreas (best GTA to date), then it ain't beating TLoU.

But I hope you're right man. This game looks so promising. The shooting mechanics...I literally jizz my pants every time I watch that scene where Franklin is shooting like 7 dudes off the roofs in 3 seconds flat.

This game will be better than San Andreas. It already has a bunch of things SA fanboys cried about when GTA 4 dropped. The graphics are better, shooting is better, playing with 3 characters where you can even switch back/forth between each one during a missing objective. Vehicles are better.

And we havent even begun to talk multiplayer. SA is outdated it wouldnt beat alot of games now.
Old 08-07-2013, 02:37 PM   #162
rhythmic †hesis
Welcome to LA S. Nash!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
This game will be better than San Andreas. It already has a bunch of things SA fanboys cried about when GTA 4 dropped. The graphics are better, shooting is better, playing with 3 characters where you can even switch back/forth between each one during a missing objective. Vehicles are better.

And we havent even begun to talk multiplayer. SA is outdated it wouldnt beat alot of games now.

Like I said, it looks VERY promising but we still have to see if it is executed properly. TLoU is a nearly perfect game, execution wise. GTA is far more ambitious as a game, so a lot more can go wrong.

I am hopeful man. These two could potentially be the best games I've ever played and they are released within 6 months of each other.
Old 08-07-2013, 05:22 PM   #163
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Like I said, it looks VERY promising but we still have to see if it is executed properly. TLoU is a nearly perfect game, execution wise. GTA is far more ambitious as a game, so a lot more can go wrong.

I am hopeful man. These two could potentially be the best games I've ever played and they are released within 6 months of each other.

I dont care what you said. If GTA 5 isnt game of the year or century for that matter. I'm going to jump off the nearest f*cking bridge. A literal F*ck my Life action. Waited 5 years 6 months 1 week for this master piece in waiting. hahahahaha
Old 08-07-2013, 05:36 PM   #164
Shade8780
GOATin

Shade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

I jizzed my pants thinking of jizzing my pants while playing GTA V.
Shade8780 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 06:06 PM   #165
CelticBaller
lite kobe

CelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Yes it would
CelticBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: