Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 07-11-2013, 12:46 AM   #16
Riddler
D-94

Riddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Top 10 GOAT non-QBs?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywLftmEtOsY
Top Ten Most Feared Tacklers: #1 Dick Butkus

what about him?
Riddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 03:50 AM   #17
Guy Ledouche
I hit open layups

Guy Ledouche has an OK reputation so far

1. Jerry Rice
2. Reggie White
3. Jim Brown
4. Ray Lewis
5. O.J Simpson
6. Anthony Munoz
7. Barry Sanders
8. Marshall Faulk
9. Deion Sanders
10. Ronnie Lott

Really tough list. Only spent a few minutes on it but those are the players that came to mind. Pretty much interchangeable and if I spent alot of time thinking about it, it'd probably be alot different.
Guy Ledouche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 02:12 AM   #18
ClutchOver9000
#Knickstape

ClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
and Lawrence Taylor, while one of the greatest ever, shouldn't be top-10 for anyone, i think he is a tad overrated...he would probably be top-20 tough.

Quote:
I would probably have him in the 15-20 range...he is def one of the all time greats, I just don't think he is the greatest OLB ever

I have said this before in here, but I would take DeMarcus Ware over Taylor...Demarcus is 20 lbs bigger than Taylor, he is faster than Taylor, and he is on pace to finish his career with more sacks than Taylor...all in all, he is a bigger threat than Taylor was...and yes defenses have to plan around Ware too.

ClutchOver9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 04:56 PM   #19
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
mine

1. Jim Brown
2. Jerry Rice
3. Walter Payton
4. Reggie White
5. Joe Greene

somewhere around 8-10 would be Deion Sanders
Love the Brown, Rice, White and Greene picks. I don't think Payton should be that high.

I'm going to try to hit multiple positions, not just the glamor sports. That said, I might put it like this...

1. Jim Brown
2. Jerry Rice
3. Joe Greene
4. Reggie White
5. Lawrence Taylor
6. Anthony Munoz
7. Ray Lewis
8. Ronnie Lott
9. Deion Sanders (yeah, I think he might be in there)
10. Walter Payton

I'm not taking into consideration the really old guys like Night Train Lane and Don Hudson. I'm sure I forgot some guys, too.

EDIT: LT hate in this thread? Really? He revolutionized the position and really the game. Any time a guy comes along that is so ahead of his time the game is never the same, he deserves to be in the Top 10.

It doesn't hurt that he's the best OLB I've ever seen.

Last edited by RedBlackAttack : 09-24-2013 at 05:04 PM.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 05:01 PM   #20
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddler
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywLftmEtOsY
Top Ten Most Feared Tacklers: #1 Dick Butkus

what about him?

Well, he should have been feared since he was the dirtiest player I have ever seen... maybe in any sport. He would get thrown out of the league in just one game if he were to play the way he did with today's concerns over health and safety of players. That's what cracks me up about the NFL's romanticizing about Butkus... guy would rip people's helmets off at the bottom of piles just because he felt like it.

Don't get me wrong, he was a great player, but there is a double standard when it comes to Butkus and how we'd react if someone did 1/100th of the things he did in today's league. There would be outrage, guy would be called a thug, etc.

Also, his teams were always really, really bad, which doesn't help his standing in an all-time sense.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: