Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 07-16-2013, 02:31 PM   #16
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Metta World Peace interested in joining Knicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
You are assuming that wasnt the first option.
I'm not assuming anything.

#1 Metta World Peace doesn't make or break our contending chances so it would be a take it or leave it type negotiation.

#2 While I take interviews with a grain of salt, he said himself "it really didn't matter how much the contract was. I would have played here for a dollar. I'm giving my earnings away to charity anyway."

#3 He's still being paid by the Lakers so if we did give him said dollar, it would still be more than he expected to make in the beginning of the season.

#4 as I said repeatedly, I feel Grunwald has poor negotiating skills. That's an opinion. What is a FACT is that he said himself "in retrospect, I overpaid for Novak and Camby."
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 02:58 PM   #17
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
I'm not assuming anything.

#1 Metta World Peace doesn't make or break our contending chances so it would be a take it or leave it type negotiation.

#2 While I take interviews with a grain of salt, he said himself "it really didn't matter how much the contract was. I would have played here for a dollar. I'm giving my earnings away to charity anyway."

#3 He's still being paid by the Lakers so if we did give him said dollar, it would still be more than he expected to make in the beginning of the season.

#4 as I said repeatedly, I feel Grunwald has poor negotiating skills. That's an opinion. What is a FACT is that he said himself "in retrospect, I overpaid for Novak and Camby."

Again you are assuming regardless of what Metta said in that interview what if he demanded that extra money for his charity. Metta probably just became the 2nd most important player on the team lol.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 03:35 PM   #18
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Again you are assuming regardless of what Metta said in that interview what if he demanded that extra money for his charity. Metta probably just became the 2nd most important player on the team lol.
I didn't ASSUME anything. I merely stated what is fact.

If you want my opinion, I find it hard to believe Grunwald argued with him a burnt the midnight oil negotiating. The guy JUST cleared waivers. Maybe Grunwald did try everything in his arsenal. I chose to believe otherwise because the FACTS and HISTORY don't support that.
Old 07-16-2013, 08:44 PM   #19
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
I didn't ASSUME anything. I merely stated what is fact.

If you want my opinion, I find it hard to believe Grunwald argued with him a burnt the midnight oil negotiating. The guy JUST cleared waivers. Maybe Grunwald did try everything in his arsenal. I chose to believe otherwise because the FACTS and HISTORY don't support that.
Unfortunately you have no facts because no one is in the negotiating room.

You can spin it anyway you like. The facts that we know is this organization has to overpay players to get them/keep them/or by error.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 06:19 AM   #20
Jasi
Quality?

Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The fact is we signed a bum.
Damn, where is this organisation going?
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 09:04 AM   #21
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
Unfortunately you have no facts because no one is in the negotiating room.

You can spin it anyway you like. The facts that we know is this organization has to overpay players to get them/keep them/or by error.

I CLEARLY separated what was my opinion and what was fact.

Metta saying in an interview that he would have played here for a dollar and will give his Knicks salary to charity is a FACT

Metta still being paid by the Lakers is a FACT

Grunwald saying "I overpaid for Novak and Camby" in an interview is a FACT

What YOU are saying is opinion. We DON'T know that. FACT is something that can be verified. Saying we know the Knicks have to overpay to keep players is an opinion. I don't get how I tried to spin anything. I took the facts and formulated an opinion on it just like you did. Just how you'd like to say "you weren't in the negotiating room"...well neither were you.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: