Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-11-2013, 08:41 AM   #706
JohnnySic
green is good

JohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Ish Official Fit-club

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking
Can't remember what video it was that I watched, but a body builder mentioned something about giving your muscles a certain period of time to rest being bullshit.
It is. You can go hard every day, just avoid doing the same muscle group 2 days in a row.
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 10:56 AM   #707
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Zan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking
Can't remember what video it was that I watched, but a body builder mentioned something about giving your muscles a certain period of time to rest being bullshit.

Was it this video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmmQ7Vk7Wpk

I love CT Fletcher. I incorporated a lot of his philosophy's into my own training. Chest was always a weak area for me. So I started doing it twice a week(every 3 to 4 days). Been doing this for almost a year now and my chest has literately doubled in size.

So I do believe that 'over training' is more myth than reality. It exists, but harder to achieve than a lot of people think.
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 12:46 PM   #708
abuC
Cuba

abuC is a pretty well-respected posterabuC is a pretty well-respected posterabuC is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zan Tabak
Was it this video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmmQ7Vk7Wpk

I love CT Fletcher. I incorporated a lot of his philosophy's into my own training. Chest was always a weak area for me. So I started doing it twice a week(every 3 to 4 days). Been doing this for almost a year now and my chest has literately doubled in size.

So I do believe that 'over training' is more myth than reality. It exists, but harder to achieve than a lot of people think.

Most bodybuilders will say overtraining is bullshit, but then again a lot of them are on steroids and cycles that would make King Kong have a heart attack. I do agree with you though, it's real but the average gym goer isn't in danger of overtraining.

I do most body parts/lifts 2 times a week, sometimes 3 (biceps/triceps) if I feel like I've been lagging behind on them.
abuC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 12:55 PM   #709
bmulls
Great college starter

bmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation here

There is the medical condition of overtraining with legitimate physical symptoms.

Then there is training more than is optimal for your goals.

People constantly confuse the two.

Usually when people talk about overtraining they aren't talking about the medical condition, they are talking about working out more than is optimal to reach your goals. If you aren't allowing your muscles enough time to fully recover between workouts then you are over training. You might never experience the insomnia/weakness/flu like symptoms of the medical condition, but you are still training too often.
bmulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 03:23 PM   #710
LBJ 23
Local High School Star

LBJ 23 has an incredible reputation hereLBJ 23 has an incredible reputation hereLBJ 23 has an incredible reputation hereLBJ 23 has an incredible reputation hereLBJ 23 has an incredible reputation hereLBJ 23 has an incredible reputation hereLBJ 23 has an incredible reputation hereLBJ 23 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by abuC
Most bodybuilders will say overtraining is bullshit, but then again a lot of them are on steroids and cycles that would make King Kong have a heart attack.

This x100. I really don't undestand so many people in this thread following advices and looking at videos of bodybuilders who CLEARLY use steroids instead of following natural bodybuilders like Layne Norton, 3DMJ team, coach Eric Helms,...

It's hilarious how many myths exists because of the bodybuilders who use steroids . Believe me, youtube those people I mentioned and listen to them if you're not on roids, your progress will be so much better.

And I'm not talking about overtraining. I'm doing complex exercises like squats, bench press, push press etc, almost every second day. So 3-4 times per week, but obvioulsy not always with max weight(low rep-max weight, volume training-lower weight, explosive training-around 60% max weight). And I'm seeing by far better results than in the past when I was doing ''one muscle group only once per week until complete muscle failure''. Not to mention way too many isolation exercises in the past and all other bullsh!t which is practised by ROID bodybuilders. Oh, and better not even mention all the myths about nutrition

Last edited by LBJ 23 : 07-15-2013 at 03:57 PM.
LBJ 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 05:56 PM   #711
JGXEN
COOL STORY BRAHHHHHHH

JGXEN has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by chips93
im just looking to put on muscle mass, how long should a workout be?

i talked to a guy at a supplement store and he said 45mins to an hour.

he emphasised not to be working out much longer than that.

is it really that big of a deal?
Heard about this before. Its gotta do with the fact that if you work out more than that duration of time, your metabolism will continue to rise and adversely affect your muscle gains i think. Personally, i try not to work out more for more than an hour. But this duration varies with intensity and the person working out himself
JGXEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 06:16 PM   #712
alenleomessi

alenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputation

has anyone ever done or heard of anyone doing this workout plan -

monday: chest/biceps
tuesday: back/triceps
wednesday: legs
thursday: chest/biceps
friday: back/triceps
saturday: shoulders
sunday: rest

ive been doing this for a month now. my gym buddy who is experienced thinks its alright, what you people think?
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 07:23 PM   #713
abuC
Cuba

abuC is a pretty well-respected posterabuC is a pretty well-respected posterabuC is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenleomessi

ive been doing this for a month now. my gym buddy who is experienced thinks its alright, what you people think?

That looks similar to what I'm doing -

I've been switching between routines like crazy the last month and a half, so far I like this one though. On the leg day it doubles as a semi back day as I do deads and pullups as well.
Old 07-18-2013, 06:32 AM   #714
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Zan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenleomessi

That's solid. Nothing wrong with that plan.
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 03:18 PM   #715
Tarik One
NBA rookie of the year

Tarik One is considered somewhat coolTarik One is considered somewhat cool

I doubt anyone here is as intense as I am in ab workouts
Tarik One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 04:17 PM   #716
abuC
Cuba

So far I've had my Versa Gripps for almost 2 months and I can't recommend them enough for people that don't necessarily care about grip strength that much. My grip is good enough that I can deadlift a nice amount, but truthfully all I care about is working my muscles to the best of their ability and my grip often gave out long before the muscles I was targeting (traps specifically). I don't want to be a powerlifter, so grip strength is pretty much irrelevant to me. My traps have grown a lot in that short time just from the fact I can hit them with 15-20 reps with weights that my hands could only handle for 5-10. I got my moneys worth out of them on pulling days, use them for rows, deadlifts, pulldowns etc. I went through maybe 6 pairs of gloves in 2 years, whether it was cause they ripped or I lost them

(My gym doesn't allow chalk anymore)
Old 07-19-2013, 04:35 PM   #717
JEFFERSON MONEY
A bit crazy

JEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarik One
I doubt anyone here is as intense as I am in ab workouts

Challenge accepted.

Post your routine. I'll do that sh!t tonight with 4 extra reps a set. Same time.

Let's go.
JEFFERSON MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 02:22 PM   #718
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Bought a new Foreman grill last week to help with the diet portion. I got one of the new gen digital ones which I love cuz you can actually adjust the temperature and set a digital timer instead of having to settle for one temp and checking the damn food every 2 minutes

That's the one I got. Anyone have some good chicken/beef/fish recipes?
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 03:21 PM   #719
sunsfan1357
Word.

sunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation here

That's something I should invest in. Seems pretty convenient, unfortunately I dont have any good recipes I just add seasoning and cook. Pretty basic.

yesterday I had a pretty terrible workout. Can only do 345 x 3 squats (typically get five easy) and went to bench and nearly missed the rerack on my fifth rep of 205 because I was struggling so much with the weight. Chest is by far my weakest of the big three lifts but damn that felt bad. Just packed up my shit and left after that last set of bench
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 03:22 PM   #720
Jameerthefear
Elf = GOAT

Jameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

my coach wants us to do this:
Jameerthefear is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: