Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-24-2013, 11:07 PM   #1
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Satellite radio

I've gotten a subscription to Sirius radio every year since Stern joined in 2006. I listened to him a ton back then. The past couple years? Not so much. Since he re-signed a couple years ago he's on only about 3 days a week and takes several vacations. The music stations are great but there are so many internet radio stations that are better like Pandora and Spotify.

I have Netflix already. But I'm thinking about cancelling Sirius when my subscription runs out in November and getting something like Hulu Plus which would save over $100 or just cancelling and just saving the money.

Anyone else have Sirius-XM and listen to Stern or Opie and Anthony? I like their show too. But now I can find their show online pretty much the day after it airs.
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 11:11 PM   #2
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Satellite radio

I have it and can't give it up.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 11:17 PM   #3
BasedTom
Isn't Anything

BasedTom is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBasedTom is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBasedTom is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBasedTom is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBasedTom is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBasedTom is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBasedTom is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBasedTom is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBasedTom is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBasedTom is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I used to listen to Radio Faction just for The Jason Ellis Show starting around 2007. I've kinda lost interest in them after all these years though. And the show seems to be in the same kind of situation that Stern's show is going through now.

The music stations are alright, but are fairly obsolete with all the other options out there like you mentioned in your post. I don't know how local radio is in Illinois, but here in South Florida, it's mostly terrible, so I just stick with my subscription.

Anyways, good luck, OP.
BasedTom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 11:32 PM   #4
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

If you're in a car for moderate periods of time nothing matches the options of 50 commercial free music channels, 10-15 sports channels including ESPN radio and the audio of ESPN, Stern, and Stern 01, 6 comedy channels, and pretty much every major news network, in addition to tons of special run limited channels all for 13-15 dollars a month.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 11:36 PM   #5
Raymone
The Chosen King

Raymone has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
I have it and can't give it up.

Don't you live in the forest and shun electronics?
Raymone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 11:53 PM   #6
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board

I'm not even really in my car for long periods of time. I listen to it on the computer or the radio in my bedroom when I wake up in the morning.

I never bothered to install it in my car. I don't have a radio with it built-in and it's ridiculous putting the receiver from my radio in there and having to find a place to store the antenna.
Old 08-25-2013, 12:25 AM   #7
COnDEMnED
Local High School Star

COnDEMnED is considered somewhat coolCOnDEMnED is considered somewhat coolCOnDEMnED is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC
I've gotten a subscription to Sirius radio every year since Stern joined in 2006. I listened to him a ton back then. The past couple years? Not so much. Since he re-signed a couple years ago he's on only about 3 days a week and takes several vacations. The music stations are great but there are so many internet radio stations that are better like Pandora and Spotify.

I have Netflix already. But I'm thinking about cancelling Sirius when my subscription runs out in November and getting something like Hulu Plus which would save over $100 or just cancelling and just saving the money.

Anyone else have Sirius-XM and listen to Stern or Opie and Anthony? I like their show too. But now I can find their show online pretty much the day after it airs.
I have the Howard Stern and Comedy package, I love it. When Howard Stern show is a repeat, my go to channel is either blue collar comedy or raw dog uncensored. For those long distance drives, be it work related or family vacations, nothing makes the time fly better than some Howard. I also have the home dock so I can take my serious inside or outdoors if were drinking in the patio. Good luck on whatever package you decide on next.
COnDEMnED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 12:17 PM   #8
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

If they offer an insanely low price I'll re-subscribe. I was thinking about signing up for Hulu Plus instead. As for being in my car and listening to more than just the crappy FM/AM radio stations I was thinking about just starting to bring my iPod or connecting my phone and listening to Pandora or Spotify.

I don't really listen to a ton sports talk radio especially on Sirius. When I do listen I usually listen to local sports talk. The only two talk shows I listen to are Opie & Anthony and Howard on Sirius. The other talk shows are a couple of local ones I can listen to for free.
Old 08-26-2013, 08:09 AM   #9
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I bought a used 04 Honda Accord probably in 08. It was fully loaded, for 04 anyway, which included an XM ready in dash stereo. I got such a good deal on the car, I splurged and paid for the five year subscription to XM, which came out to like 8 bucks a month or something.

It was a good chunk to swallow. Like a 500 buck layout, but I got such a good deal on the car, I figured lets just do everything I can do with it.

I listen to OnA daily. Now I only have about a 12 minute commute, so you're talking about a half hour a day most times I'm listening. I also had my second band of my stereo set up to run my ipod through the stereo controls. So I can use pandora or spotify from there if I so choose. I've done it a few times, but it's easier to just play off my own playlists. I could also probably use TunedIn, which is a podcast style app, to listen to day old OnA if I wanted to. I do listen to a little of the music channells, but not a ton. Comedy too. And I have noticed that I can find OnA pretty much next day, at least in twenty minute bits, but I'm not generally going out of my way to listen to the radio once I get out of my car. And the new cars have Pandora built in, which I'm guessing will kill the satellite medium.

If it went away, I'm sure I'd make due. But I do like having it, even it it's really about 90% for OnA only.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 09:56 AM   #10
bagelred
Weird

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Having Satellite radio is awesome but carrying that huge dish around everywhere is a pain in the ass.
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: