Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 08-20-2013, 09:02 AM   #391
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: pickup/league play Weekly brag (post yours here!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KungFuJoe
I'm probably the oldest guy in the league at 39 but man, I keep looking over at the 35 and over leagues and those guys look like they're in their 60s...so I guess as long as I can still hang with the young guys. Getting tougher and tougher though. I can always put up a good first half...but it's that second half that has me gassed and legs feeling like I tied weights to them.
Ha, I've been thinking about that (the 35 and over leagues). I'm 29 right now and I've kind of wondered from time to time what older leagues might be like. I'm guessing the people still really into the game and healthy remain playing in the non-35 year old leagues, like you do, yeah? Have you ever run in a 35+ league? Are 35 year olds looked at like spry young teenagers, so full of energy?
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 05:17 AM   #392
KungFuJoe
Local High School Star

KungFuJoe has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rake2204
Ha, I've been thinking about that (the 35 and over leagues). I'm 29 right now and I've kind of wondered from time to time what older leagues might be like. I'm guessing the people still really into the game and healthy remain playing in the non-35 year old leagues, like you do, yeah? Have you ever run in a 35+ league? Are 35 year olds looked at like spry young teenagers, so full of energy?

Never played in a 35 and over league. But I seen a couple and they are OLD man. My sorry ass would get a triple double every night.

Like you said, I think old people who can ball are playing in the open leagues.

Man I hope to be 50 someday still able to at least hold my own.

Had 19 pts tonight in a losing effort. Only 4 rebounds though. Other team literally did not miss from anywhere on the court.
KungFuJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 03:14 PM   #393
IGOTGAME
NBA All-star

IGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputation

Played last night. Ended up guarding a pg because he was talking shit. Guy was an average player who was full of himself. Only point he scored was on a breakaway. Stripped the guy twice and blocked his shot. On the other end I was routinely double teamed near the basket and made the correct passes to my shooters(I play with the same 4/5 guys daily). Then, I hit the winner off a jab step, 1 dribble left then spin back right jumper...I immediately left because I was spent tho.
IGOTGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 12:59 AM   #394
KungFuJoe
Local High School Star

KungFuJoe has decent reputation

18 pts tonight against the best team in our league (we play 10 min quarters in our league). Hit three 3's. We had a good chance to win, but bunch of our guys showed up late and our starting pg missed the game. I pretty much gassed out by the 4th quarter. Haven't been getting many rebounds lately but it just seems like nobody has been missing any shots these past few games.
KungFuJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 11:21 PM   #395
mugiwara
High School Starter

mugiwara is a pretty well-respected postermugiwara is a pretty well-respected postermugiwara is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KungFuJoe
18 pts tonight against the best team in our league (we play 10 min quarters in our league). Hit three 3's. We had a good chance to win, but bunch of our guys showed up late and our starting pg missed the game. I pretty much gassed out by the 4th quarter. Haven't been getting many rebounds lately but it just seems like nobody has been missing any shots these past few games.

Smoking that good
mugiwara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 10:11 AM   #396
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rake2204
I broke a rim dunking outside yesterday. I am not a beast, so it's not as if I just Shaqued it, but through repeated dunking, the single rim (i.e. not the standard double rims) broke away from the two metal supports leading from the rim to the backboard and the rim itself bent down 6 inches.

It was an old rim, and I know it's not on the same level as a real broken goal, but as a relatively light dude, this is about as close as I'll ever get.

That's the type of rim. And those two metal rods are what broke off and led to the unobtruded bending of the iron. I'll take it where I can get it.

Moral of the story: That's why everyone runs with double rims in public locations these days.
Came across this reading back through the thread. I actually have video of the event mentioned but as I said, it's not insane or anything. I'd already bent the rim on my previous dunk and this one was just the finisher. Also, you'll have to excuse the music - my little brother was taping and was a little loud into the camera so I covered it up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lR3hGT7_ouM
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 11:25 PM   #397
TheSilentKiller
NBA Superstar

TheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

This brag is going to sound lame as shit but here goes

I have been running competitively for the last 8 years and haven't played much ball. I stopped running this year (senior year of college) to pursue other shit. I went to go shoot around at our rec center and started playing twos with some other guys there. My jump shot was a little shaky because I haven't played in a while but the best part of my game has always been finishing at the rim. We get halfway through the first game and a guy who was significantly better than me asked me if I was left handed because I had driven to the left and scored three times. I told him I was a righty and he just said 'damn bro, nice left'. Big confidence booster for future games
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 03:44 AM   #398
mugiwara
High School Starter

mugiwara is a pretty well-respected postermugiwara is a pretty well-respected postermugiwara is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentKiller
This brag is going to sound lame as shit but here goes

I have been running competitively for the last 8 years and haven't played much ball. I stopped running this year (senior year of college) to pursue other shit. I went to go shoot around at our rec center and started playing twos with some other guys there. My jump shot was a little shaky because I haven't played in a while but the best part of my game has always been finishing at the rim. We get halfway through the first game and a guy who was significantly better than me asked me if I was left handed because I had driven to the left and scored three times. I told him I was a righty and he just said 'damn bro, nice left'. Big confidence booster for future games

off hand finish is a good thing to brag about with all the kobe &
iverson wannabes about. (bad shot selection & useless cross overs)
mugiwara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 10:11 PM   #399
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I might play tomorrow.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 11:16 PM   #400
CeltsGarlic
Real quick

CeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron23
I might play tomorrow.

thats what I wanted to post

im going to hit the street court.
CeltsGarlic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 06:41 AM   #401
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

You need to wake up early if you want to play in our nearby basketball court. Some of these guys are already playing hoops at 5 am.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: