Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 10-01-2013, 04:35 PM   #1
MavsSuperFan
NBA sixth man of the year

MavsSuperFan has a near all-star reputation hereMavsSuperFan has a near all-star reputation hereMavsSuperFan has a near all-star reputation hereMavsSuperFan has a near all-star reputation hereMavsSuperFan has a near all-star reputation hereMavsSuperFan has a near all-star reputation here
Default Any Fans of the the Fallout series here?

Fallout 3 and new vegas specifically
MavsSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 04:58 PM   #2
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Any Fans of the the Fallout series here?

I recently played Fallout 3 and enjoyed it. Solid story and roaming the "Wastes" was legitimately engaging because of the suspense and chance of a dangerous encounter. I thought the voice acting was solid and side missions were enjoyable. I didn't put a ton of time into exploring but I like it.

Haven't gotten around to New Vegas yet but I'll check it out eventually.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 05:07 PM   #3
Is He Ill
Cowboys & Spurs

Is He Ill is considered somewhat coolIs He Ill is considered somewhat coolIs He Ill is considered somewhat cool

Fallout 3 was phenomenal at the time it was released. I think that was like the only game I played from October '08 to mid '09.
Is He Ill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 06:28 PM   #4
MavsSuperFan

MavsSuperFan has a near all-star reputation hereMavsSuperFan has a near all-star reputation hereMavsSuperFan has a near all-star reputation hereMavsSuperFan has a near all-star reputation hereMavsSuperFan has a near all-star reputation hereMavsSuperFan has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
I recently played Fallout 3 and enjoyed it. Solid story and roaming the "Wastes" was legitimately engaging because of the suspense and chance of a dangerous encounter. I thought the voice acting was solid and side missions were enjoyable. I didn't put a ton of time into exploring but I like it.

Haven't gotten around to New Vegas yet but I'll check it out eventually.

You should man, if you only do the main quest storyline you miss out on a lot.

This series has some of the best DLCs too.

As a fan of history the series is pretty interesting with it alternate world history and differing technological advancements.
Old 10-01-2013, 06:30 PM   #5
MavsSuperFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Is He Ill
Fallout 3 was phenomenal at the time it was released. I think that was like the only game I played from October '08 to mid '09.
I got it later when it was one of those best seller discounted things.

I loved it. Lots of replayability, as you could decided where you wanted to be good or evil, and what type of character you could have.

Best blend of sci fi and traditional rpg imo.

lots of collectable unique weapons and armors.
Old 10-01-2013, 06:38 PM   #6
Is He Ill
Cowboys & Spurs

Is He Ill is considered somewhat coolIs He Ill is considered somewhat coolIs He Ill is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan
I got it later when it was one of those best seller discounted things.

I loved it. Lots of replayability, as you could decided where you wanted to be good or evil, and what type of character you could have.

Best blend of sci fi and traditional rpg imo.

lots of collectable unique weapons and armors.

Definitely, it's one of my favorite games of all time. I was anticipating the game before it came out and then bought it the first week. I haven't tried New Vegas because I kind of wore myself out by playing through Fallout 3 twice. The DLC for 3 was great as well. Broken Steel was my favorite because they increased the level cap. I might give New Vegas a shot soon though because it's been like 4 years since I last played the 3rd installment.
Is He Ill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 06:50 PM   #7
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I loved New Vegas, even with all the bugs. It was the closest in terms of tone to Fallout 2 (my favourite game of the series). Fallout 3 was alright but I found the setting and characters to be kinda dull.

I am looking forward to playing through both of the new games fully modded out though. When it comes to the new Fallout games and Elder Scrolls games, it's best to wait a year or so until user-made mods fix everything that was wrong with the game out of the box and add some cool stuff too.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 07:06 PM   #8
Burgz V2
Good college starter

Burgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected poster

loved Fallout 3, was the first game I played. Then went back and played the rest.

CONFESSION: When New Vegas came out I actually thought it was an expansion pack

Turned out to be my favourite. Finished the storyline quick, then replayed doing almost all side missions. A lot of fun. Side missions were just as fun as the main storyline imo, makes for a great game.
Burgz V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 07:11 PM   #9
Fiba basketball
I feel devotion

Fiba basketball has decent reputation

I liked falloute 2 more than falloute 3. I loved falloute 3 but for me falloute 2 had much better story.
Fiba basketball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 08:32 PM   #10
MavsSuperFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiba basketball
I liked falloute 2 more than falloute 3. I loved falloute 3 but for me falloute 2 had much better story.

Only played 3 and new vegas, but I love it.

So much fun, you could play the game like a shooter, you can play it as a hack and slash game, You can use vats a lot or rarely use it.

You can even kill as a sniper. You could hack robots or disable them with pulse grenades or just pound them to death.

Honestly the most free flowing gameplay of any game.

GTA is great, but you really have to play a lot of missions one way and you really have limited control of how your character interacts with others. A lot of the variety and options in GTA are separate from the core game play.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: