Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-29-2013, 12:41 PM   #16
2LeTTeRS
Retired Bloggissist
 
2LeTTeRS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: www.twitter.com/EsquireSports
Posts: 6,685
Default Re: Espn QBR

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
last year Luck threw a lot of INTs and his comp% was very low

he got a ton of praise for the Colts 4th Q victories and his passing yardage that naturally came with a ton of attempts

I think Luck's passer rating is more accurate than his QBR numbers...

this year Luck has a 91 passer rating, which also seems accurate...he is growing as a player

Isn't that what we want from QBs though? A guy who makes plays when needed in the clutch? As a Panther fan trust me #s are great, but I'd much rather have a QB that comes up big in the biggest moments, instead of a stat monster who shrinks in the 4th.
2LeTTeRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 12:45 PM   #17
RoundMoundOfReb
Objective Poster
 
RoundMoundOfReb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 10,930
Default Re: Espn QBR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
"Way too high"

Where does 2012 Luck in your opinion? I think you'll be surprised when you list the names out just how close he is to 11ish.

in no order:

Manning
Brady
Brees
Rodgers
Romo

Griffin
Rivers
Rothlisberger
Wilson
Ryan

Flacco
Eli
Cutler
Kaepernick
Schaub

Dalton
Bradford
Newton
Stafford

19 QBs - all better than Luck last year.

However, Luck has made tremendous strides this year (as I expected he would) so I would probably have him in the 7-10 range now.
RoundMoundOfReb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 12:49 PM   #18
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: A Court Near You
Posts: 7,945
Default Re: Espn QBR

We were an attack offense last year, lots of intermediate and deep throws. This does not correlate to easy throws or a high completion percentage. His INT Rate was 2.9 percent, to compare Brees career rate is 2.6.....Russell's was 2.5 percent last year.....Dan Marinos was 3 percent for his career.

We put the whole offense on his shoulders, with half the weapons as rookies and a line that was as bad as it got in the NFL.

This style of offense we're running now is more friendly in these regards. It's why his interceptions are down. We're asking him to do way less attacking and instead making easier throws.

If you honestly think his passer rating last year was more accurate to his level of play than you have no clue. He was not anywhere close to the 26th best quarterback. He wasn't anywhere near the level of play of Gabbert. Or Brandon Weeden. Or Ponder.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 12:53 PM   #19
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH
 
-p.tiddy-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: -dallas, texas-
Posts: 14,999
Default Re: Espn QBR

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS
Isn't that what we want from QBs though? A guy who makes plays when needed in the clutch? As a Panther fan trust me #s are great, but I'd much rather have a QB that comes up big in the biggest moments, instead of a stat monster who shrinks in the 4th.

QB rating can be sectioned off into quarters as well...somewhere Luck's 4th Q passer rating is available for all to see...I have seen plenty of those lists being a Romo fan lol.

perhaps Luck's 4th Q rating last year is high



mathematically speaking though, all quarters are equally important...
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 12:57 PM   #20
RoundMoundOfReb
Objective Poster
 
RoundMoundOfReb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 10,930
Default Re: Espn QBR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
We were an attack offense last year, lots of intermediate and deep throws. This does not correlate to easy throws or a high completion percentage. His INT Rate was 2.9 percent, to compare Brees career rate is 2.6.....Russell's was 2.5 percent last year.....Dan Marinos was 3 percent for his career.

We put the whole offense on his shoulders, with half the weapons as rookies and a line that was as bad as it got in the NFL.

This style of offense we're running now is more friendly in these regards. It's why his interceptions are down. We're asking him to do way less attacking and instead making easier throws.

If you honestly think his passer rating last year was more accurate to his level of play than you have no clue. He was not anywhere close to the 26th best quarterback. He wasn't anywhere near the level of play of Gabbert. Or Brandon Weeden. Or Ponder.

But it should correlate with a high Y/A, but it didn't.
RoundMoundOfReb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 01:01 PM   #21
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: A Court Near You
Posts: 7,945
Default Re: Espn QBR

It correlates with yards per completion, which is almost 1.5 yards lower than last year.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 01:03 PM   #22
RoundMoundOfReb
Objective Poster
 
RoundMoundOfReb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 10,930
Default Re: Espn QBR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
It correlates with yards per completion, which is almost 1.5 yards lower than last year.

No, it should also correlate with Yards/Attempt. But Luck only had a 7.0 last year.
RoundMoundOfReb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 01:07 PM   #23
RoundMoundOfReb
Objective Poster
 
RoundMoundOfReb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 10,930
Default Re: Espn QBR

Even if you want don't accept that correlation, Russell Wilson had pretty much the same y/c as luck last year and a 10% higher completion percentage.
RoundMoundOfReb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 01:11 PM   #24
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: A Court Near You
Posts: 7,945
Default Re: Espn QBR

More attacking, tougher throw offense = more incomplete passes.

Incomplete passes register ZERO yards per attempt. That's what brings down the yards per attempt.

When we hit plays last year, they were naturally more down the field resulting in more yards per completion. Luck was third in the league in yards per completion, this year it shows he's 17th.

Our offensive philosophy this year to last year is night and day.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 01:13 PM   #25
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: A Court Near You
Posts: 7,945
Default Re: Espn QBR

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
Even if you want don't accept that correlation, Russell Wilson had pretty much the same y/c as luck last year and a 10% higher completion percentage.



I never mentioned Russell Wilson at all except comparing their INT rate. I have no issue with anyone saying Russell was as good or better than Luck last year.

My issue is quarterback rating correlating with Lucks level of play last year.

Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 04:39 PM   #26
RoundMoundOfReb
Objective Poster
 
RoundMoundOfReb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 10,930
Default Re: Espn QBR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine


I never mentioned Russell Wilson at all except comparing their INT rate. I have no issue with anyone saying Russell was as good or better than Luck last year.

My issue is quarterback rating correlating with Lucks level of play last year.

You brought up Wilson first, not me. I listed 19 QBs better than Luck last year. Respond to that please. Luck was nowhere close to the 11th best QB last year.
RoundMoundOfReb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 05:28 PM   #27
Bless Mathews
454 Dumper
 
Bless Mathews's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: the underground
Posts: 5,935
Default Re: Espn QBR

They're OBVIOUSLY weighing rushing yards WAYTTTYYYYYYYY too much.

Way to much. Like the yards and TDS are 3 times more valuable than passing.

The breez vs Pryor sums it up. HE THREW two pics breez 5 fuccing TDS no picks and he's lower. Get the fucc outta here.
Retarded
Bless Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:13 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy