Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-19-2013, 04:14 PM   #91
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

andgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Which new smartphone do I buy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydacris
so EVERY single phone has problems where if you hold a phone a certain way, your signal drops considerably?

you do know.. the issue was due to the antenna design ... where your hand could bridge the two different antennae? thats why having a case fixed this issue. (obviously was fixed in 4s)
lol name one prominent phone where you could hold your phone a certain way and almost completely kill your signal.
im sorry, but when your own CEO responds to one of his own customers and tells him to avoid holding a phone that way....
its just silly that you say Samsung doesnt test phones and just releases phones untested... I guess Apple forgot to test their antenna design on the iphone 4.

and if you actually thought you could smell from your galaxy s4 screen... it was obviously a joke in the commercial

YES every phone had issues due to the location of its antenna.
andgar923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 04:17 PM   #92
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

As a non-native speaker, I never fully understood the phrase "ether, that shit that make your soul burn slow".

Until I saw andgar's post history in this thread, that is. Now I understand completely. Wow.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 04:18 PM   #93
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydacris
so EVERY single phone has problems where if you hold a phone a certain way, your signal drops considerably?

you do know.. the issue was due to the antenna design ... where your hand could bridge the two different antennae? thats why having a case fixed this issue. (obviously was fixed in 4s)
lol name one prominent phone where you could hold your phone a certain way and almost completely kill your signal.
im sorry, but when your own CEO responds to one of his own customers and tells him to avoid holding a phone that way....
its just silly that you say Samsung doesnt test phones and just releases phones untested... I guess Apple forgot to test their antenna design on the iphone 4.

and if you actually thought you could smell from your galaxy s4 screen... it was obviously a joke in the commercial

i would just give up arguing with andgar about iphones. he will never admit their faults
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 04:19 PM   #94
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by andgar923
YES every phone had issues due to the location of its antenna.
yes, if those phones were held in a deathgrip..whereas the iphone would drop it's signal with just one finger placed in the right location. how hard is that to understand or admit??
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 04:20 PM   #95
jaydacris
Rose

jaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

not every phone allows your hand to bridge the bluetooth/wifi/gps antenna with the cellular antenna. that was the root of the problem

in theory, yes you could cup any phone as hard as you could and signal would degrade a bit, but no phone signal dropped as harshly as the iphone 4 when you did this.

you are ridiculous andgar, you are like the technology savant equivalent to a westboro church follower

quite scary...
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 09:13 PM   #96
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

andgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Phones in general had reception issues. Some phones had it on the side, others on the back, the ones without issues were those that had it on the top (antenna).

The iPhone wasn't the only one.

But it was also part of the software not displaying the bars correctly. If you touched that spot the bars would drop but signal was still there. it was a mixture of bug that was fixed and antenna not being located on the proper area, but the iPhone wasn't the only one that suffered from bad reception due to antenna placement.

Or are people gonna conveniently gloss that fact over as if over phones didn't suffer from the same antenna issue?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5OPgvJp0p0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXAHABv43XQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4zbQ3f7H0U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zft3-Lwh2bo

Naturally, there's more but ya'll still won't care.

I also never denied that there was antenna gate. I simply pointed out the fact that they weren't the only phone with that issue. Every phone has that issue, it just depends on where the antenna is located. The best bet is at the top where people normally don't touch it while talking.

Last edited by andgar923 : 10-20-2013 at 12:46 AM.
Old 10-19-2013, 09:20 PM   #97
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
As a non-native speaker, I never fully understood the phrase "ether, that shit that make your soul burn slow".

Until I saw andgar's post history in this thread, that is. Now I understand completely. Wow.

So it's wrong of me to reply back?

Somebody needed help, I gave an opinion like everybody else. I corrected/replied to posts, so people can make a decision on all the information.
Old 10-19-2013, 11:45 PM   #98
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

BankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj1987
Why would you want a high-end phone, only if you're using the basic phone functions?

Why wouldn't I??

If i use a product multiple times a day, every day, for at least two years, I want it to be top-of-the-line now so that in a year or two its not completely obsolete or outdated.

Plus in terms of the price point, it looks like i'd be spending $175-$200 on the high-end models (with activation contract, but also will be less considering promotions)..... vs. $75-$100 for a mid-level phone. Whats $100 extra for something I use every day?
BankShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 12:00 AM   #99
aj1987
MH!

aj1987 is considered somewhat coolaj1987 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by BankShot
Why wouldn't I??

If i use a product multiple times a day, every day, for at least two years, I want it to be top-of-the-line now so that in a year or two its not completely obsolete or outdated.

Plus in terms of the price point, it looks like i'd be spending $175-$200 on the high-end models (with activation contract, but also will be less considering promotions)..... vs. $75-$100 for a mid-level phone. Whats $100 extra for something I use every day?
Wouldn't you be spending a bunch of money on the data plan as well?

Anyways, as I said on the first or second page, I've used the iPhone 5, HTC One, and the S3. I'd take the HTC One.
aj1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 02:07 AM   #100
MMM
877-954-1893

MMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation here

I'm thinking of getting a blackberry but i find the media perception of BB interesting. Their Hub and preview notifications should give them more pub then they've been getting, heck their OS form what i understand is pretty good as well.. Is the lack of apps really that important to people???? I mean sure it is a concern but I'm not aware of people who use that many apps in their daily lives.
MMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 11:33 AM   #101
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

BankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj1987
Wouldn't you be spending a bunch of money on the data plan as well?

Anyways, as I said on the first or second page, I've used the iPhone 5, HTC One, and the S3. I'd take the HTC One.

As far as I know, the difference in usage on the actual data plan is nominal between phones.... and I'm on a family plan so increased data usage isn't going to be an issue.

The HTC one definitely caught my attention, but the specs on the digital camera wrecked it for me.

I have a 32 GB iPhone 5s ordered and it should ship tomorrow. I was tempted to go with a Galaxy because of its superior camera and customizable operating system and all that.... but in the end I currently am on Android and have done little to make it "my own" so iPhone it is.
Old 10-27-2013, 12:20 PM   #102
pauk
NBA Legend

pauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation here

The best one... Samsung Galaxy S4... or if you are willing, Samsung Galaxy Note III (Note II wouldnt be bad either)...

A couple of smartphones have speed, quality, has everything & can do everything top notch just like the new Galaxies..... but once you feel & use that sleek, epic, massive display you will never look at another phone again... i mean, you aint gona just use the phone for.. only phoning.... so that display size & graphics dont matter? You will be surfing, playing, watching videos etc... it does matter...

I have an iPhone 5 and a Galaxy S4... iphone 5 feels just like my iphone 4s imo, didnt really feel like i upgraded... but with the Galaxy S4 i did, big time...

Last edited by pauk : 10-27-2013 at 12:44 PM.
pauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 02:54 PM   #103
imdaman99
Knicks all da way

imdaman99 is considered somewhat coolimdaman99 is considered somewhat coolimdaman99 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by BankShot
As far as I know, the difference in usage on the actual data plan is nominal between phones.... and I'm on a family plan so increased data usage isn't going to be an issue.

The HTC one definitely caught my attention, but the specs on the digital camera wrecked it for me.

I have a 32 GB iPhone 5s ordered and it should ship tomorrow. I was tempted to go with a Galaxy because of its superior camera and customizable operating system and all that.... but in the end I currently am on Android and have done little to make it "my own" so iPhone it is.
They are 4 ULTRA Pixels. It's a great camera on the phone, has nothing to do with megapixels.

Check the comparison http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKdcdNpnLG4

Cameras are around the 12 minute mark.
imdaman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 09:47 PM   #104
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauk
i mean, you aint gona just use the phone for.. only phoning.... so that display size & graphics dont matter? You will be surfing, playing, watching videos etc... it does matter...

Unless of course you don't use it for gaming or videos.... in which case a 5" display isn't a game changer
Old 11-06-2013, 01:09 PM   #105
Just2McFly
By Any Means

Just2McFly is popular on this boardJust2McFly is popular on this boardJust2McFly is popular on this boardJust2McFly is popular on this boardJust2McFly is popular on this board

I'm thinking of getting a Z10 or the Xperia Z... just trying to decide whether or not I want to go back to Android fully.

I know the camera is nicer on the Sony but I'm really intrigued by the BB10 OS.
Just2McFly is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: