Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Houston Rockets Forum

Houston Rockets Forum Houston Rockets message board - rockets fan forum

Old 06-07-2007, 10:05 AM   #16
Clutch_City
I hit open 5-footers

Default Re: Potential Kobe deals?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballastic
And how is that gonna happen when we dont even have Shard?
We're likely gonna get him, buddy.
Clutch_City is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 11:03 AM   #17
Ballastic
<////////////}~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch_City

So youre saying Houston is gonna trade for Rashard then trade him off for Kobe? We lose Head, Bonzi, Battier for Kobe? We would also be losing a pick in the draft from the Rashard deal if it were to happen. That bench is gonna look pretty depleted. I dont think thats a good move at all, we are giving up way too much for Kobe.
Ballastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 09:09 PM   #18
Clutch_City
I hit open 5-footers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballastic
So youre saying Houston is gonna trade for Rashard then trade him off for Kobe? We lose Head, Bonzi, Battier for Kobe? We would also be losing a pick in the draft from the Rashard deal if it were to happen. That bench is gonna look pretty depleted. I dont think thats a good move at all, we are giving up way too much for Kobe.
Why not? Happens many times, JR Smith for example.

What if we do lose Head, Bonzi, Battier? Whats your point? Some teams are dying to get the dude, while giving up most of their core of players. Dallas could/might offer Dirk for him straight up. Thats what you call valuable. You are right, though, are bench would be completely silent and dead. I kinda look at it this way.

PG - Rafer Alston/Mike James(We can and probably will get him, if not, we can get the Franchise back if he gets bought out)
SG - Kobe Bryant/Kirk Snyder
SF - Tracy McGrady/Kirk Snyder
PF - Chuck Hayes/Juwan Howard
C - Yao Ming/Dikembe Mutombo/Jake Tsakilidis
Old 06-07-2007, 09:30 PM   #19
JoHnShOeZ1492
LeBron for 12 MVP

Quote:

DONT COUNT ON IT
JoHnShOeZ1492 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 04:19 AM   #20
Ballastic
<////////////}~

Quote:
Why not? Happens many times, JR Smith for example.

What if we do lose Head, Bonzi, Battier? Whats your point? Some teams are dying to get the dude, while giving up most of their core of players. Dallas could/might offer Dirk for him straight up. Thats what you call valuable. You are right, though, are bench would be completely silent and dead. I kinda look at it this way.

PG - Rafer Alston/Mike James(We can and probably will get him, if not, we can get the Franchise back if he gets bought out)
SG - Kobe Bryant/Kirk Snyder
SF - Tracy McGrady/Kirk Snyder
PF - Chuck Hayes/Juwan Howard
C - Yao Ming/Dikembe Mutombo/Jake Tsakilidis

I dont like the idea of bringing Mike James back at all, his contract is huge and IMO he aint worth more than 1-2 mil a year. Hes already 31 and I dont see how many more years he can really contribute to a team.

Rockets should try to pursue Mo Williams or Charlie Bell instead of Mike James.
Ballastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 11:08 PM   #21
Clutch_City
I hit open 5-footers

If he got the right minutes, yes. Mussellhead torn his career apart by benching him and refusing to play him for more than 25 minutes. He was a potential 15-20 point scorer. He showed it in T.Dot.
Old 06-09-2007, 12:16 AM   #22
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

I could see us getting 'Shard Lewis but I din't know about Kobe.

Damn we should've had him back in 98.
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 02:55 PM   #23
RSSMOOTH
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Kobe has flip flopped again and has said he wants to be traded according to new reports from ESPN.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/s...e=NBAHeadlines

I for one am not a big fan of T-mac, he has so much potential and yet relies on his diminishing jump shot. His 3point shooting has been eroding and he is not getting better. As for Kobe, I would do anything to get him, he has proved that he can actually win with a big man who demands double teams.

I would Trade T-mac, Luther Head, and a 1st rounder for Kobe and Luke Walton . I would throw in Rafer for good measure, (can't stand Rafer alston and his 37 FG%). The contracts match up.

I think that would be a fair trade. The lakers aren't going to get a better trade out there. D-wade, Lebron, Bosh, and melo are untouchables.

T-mac would still be able to sell tickets for the lakers and they get a solid shooter in Luther head plus a first rounder.

The rockets get a player who can actually be counted on when the game is on the line. The rockets would instantly be a legit contender (lets face it, they are not with T-mac).
RSSMOOTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 03:43 PM   #24
Pyro
Banned

Quote:
Deal No. 7: Houston trades Tracy McGrady, Bobby Sura (expiring contract in 2008) and the No. 26 pick for Kobe and Vladimir Radmanovic.

Comments: The Lakers aren't getting LeBron or Gilbert Arenas, and 'Melo isn't happening (see above). So that makes T-Mac the best under-30 scorer available. Where would he take the Lakers though? They were already a .500 team with Kobe, right? And wouldn't T-Mac inevitably be unhappy going to another rebuilding team? Too big a risk for the Lakers -- the last thing they need is another unhappy superstar. They're already going to have 15,000 unhappy season-ticket holders as it is.

No way
Pyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 09:15 PM   #25
UMDRox
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammdogg
t-mac and kobe would be a nice duo.

I'm guessing that you don't watch much of NBA. Or the Lakers. They are both players who need to have the ball in their hands all the time. Wasn't that the reason Rox lost to Utah b/c he kept the ball out of Yao's hand?
UMDRox is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: