Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-11-2014, 05:30 PM   #631
longtime lurker
NBA sixth man of the year

longtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: A Song of Ice and Fire Novels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti Hero
Oh I remember what his sigil is. I just can't make it out from that video.

I watched the video again and didn't actually see the sigil, but I saw the yellow Baratheon colors and knew shit just got real
longtime lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 06:08 PM   #632
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Anti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by longtime lurker
I watched the video again and didn't actually see the sigil, but I saw the yellow Baratheon colors and knew shit just got real
Probably digitally removed it for the trailer. This is where Stannis as a character really takes off..
Anti Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 03:19 PM   #633
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here

Who really tried to assassinate Bran? (Not Joffrey)

http://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comme...who_you_think/

Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 03:28 PM   #634
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Anti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bano114

Interesting.
Old 01-12-2014, 03:42 PM   #635
MavsSuperFan
NBA rookie of the year

MavsSuperFan has a terrific reputationMavsSuperFan has a terrific reputationMavsSuperFan has a terrific reputationMavsSuperFan has a terrific reputationMavsSuperFan has a terrific reputation

Does anyone else think that upon reflection that the smartest thing Joffrey ever did was kill Ned Stark?

He did for incredibly stupid reasons though, but unintentionally he extended his reign.

Had Cersei's plan worked and Ned had been sent to the wall, dont you think, that once Stannis raised the banners of war to claim the throne, Ned would have advised Robb to join his armies to Stannis'?

By Killing Ned, it created the situation where Stannis would have had to convince robb to join him off of his charisma, which as much as I love stannis he lacks.

With Ned alive, I firmly believe Robb would have sought out his advice, and out of honor and respect for the line of succession, Ned would have advised Robb to support Stannis's claim.

With his northern forces and the riverland forces of his mothers family, Robb could have held off/delayed the Lannister and Tyrell Reinforcements and given Stannis a clean shot at Kings Landing.
MavsSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 04:20 PM   #636
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

It definitely helped, he would have backed Stannis's claim per his father's wishes.
Old 01-12-2014, 05:38 PM   #637
SkipToMyLou
Can barely lace up my sneakers

SkipToMyLou has an OK reputation so far

can't wait for the purple wedding
SkipToMyLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 07:02 PM   #638
jamal99
Valar Morghulis

jamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bano114

Nice read, but unlikely imo...
jamal99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 09:16 PM   #639
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Season 4 trailer
Old 01-21-2014, 08:40 PM   #640
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Had quite a bit of downtime at work the last few days.. Came up with some directions I think are likely to happen.

Dany and Victorian arrive in the Iron Islands (Aegon the Conqueror landed on the opposite side of Westeros on a small island), not sure what happens to Euron but Dany launches her attack on Westeros in the Westerlands. Tyrion is given Casterly Rock. Tyrion kills Cersei (Valonquar).

Dorne allies with (F)Aegon, (F)Aegon and Arianne are married. (F)Aegon will secure the Stormlands.

Iron Throne, remaining Lannisters and Tyrells are weak. I think Jaimie (I believe he survives uncat) is able to save Tommen and smuggle him to Casterly Rock, maybe under a new name or not, as ward to Tyrion. Jaime either takes the Black or dies, he'll serve no other king/queen. Myrcella is likely fuct.

Blackfish escapes to the Vale, verifies Sansa, helps Sansa oust LittleFinger. She'll Marry SweetRobin, kill LittleFinger (no way he willingly gives up Lord Paramount of the Riverlands, which was given to him by people no longer in power). Sansa, the Lady of the Vale, frees the Riverlands and restores Edmure to Riverrun and Lord Paramount.
Old 01-21-2014, 10:20 PM   #641
jamal99
Valar Morghulis

jamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation here

I think that Jaime is going to kill Cersei, not sure about the rest.
Old 01-21-2014, 10:26 PM   #642
miller-time

miller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamal99
I think that Jaime is going to kill Cersei, not sure about the rest.

I think so too.

Right now I'm mostly interested in the Jon Snow parentage thing. I kind of hope it is important and not just the result of Ned banging some tart (I've spent way too much time thinking about it for it to be that lol). I'm kind of hoping he is the son of Rhaegar and Lyanna. That theory seems to be the most attractive at the moment.

Anyone have any other ideas on it?
miller-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 10:32 PM   #643
longtime lurker

longtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti Hero
Had quite a bit of downtime at work the last few days.. Came up with some directions I think are likely to happen.

Dany and Victorian arrive in the Iron Islands (Aegon the Conqueror landed on the opposite side of Westeros on a small island), not sure what happens to Euron but Dany launches her attack on Westeros in the Westerlands. Tyrion is given Casterly Rock. Tyrion kills Cersei (Valonquar).

Dorne allies with (F)Aegon, (F)Aegon and Arianne are married. (F)Aegon will secure the Stormlands.

Iron Throne, remaining Lannisters and Tyrells are weak. I think Jaimie (I believe he survives uncat) is able to save Tommen and smuggle him to Casterly Rock, maybe under a new name or not, as ward to Tyrion. Jaime either takes the Black or dies, he'll serve no other king/queen. Myrcella is likely fuct.

Blackfish escapes to the Vale, verifies Sansa, helps Sansa oust LittleFinger. She'll Marry SweetRobin, kill LittleFinger (no way he willingly gives up Lord Paramount of the Riverlands, which was given to him by people no longer in power). Sansa, the Lady of the Vale, frees the Riverlands and restores Edmure to Riverrun and Lord Paramount.

I don't think Victorion makes it to the iron islands. I think Dany just takes his ships. 100% Tyrion won't kill Cersei. It will be Jaime, I believe Cersei was born first so technically Jaime is her little brother. And I remember he mentions them coming into this world together insinuating they'll leave together. I wonder if Blackfish will even show up, maybe he'll show up to move a plot forward then die. Just don't see how he's still important. I think Sansa will somehow marry Littlefinger after offing Robin, then she'll double cross Lord Baelish.
longtime lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 10:35 PM   #644
jamal99
Valar Morghulis

Quote:
Originally Posted by miller-time
I think so too.

Right now I'm mostly interested in the Jon Snow parentage thing. I kind of hope it is important and not just the result of Ned banging some tart (I've spent way too much time thinking about it for it to be that lol). I'm kind of hoping he is the son of Rhaegar and Lyanna. That theory seems to be the most attractive at the moment.

Anyone have any other ideas on it?
I thought that was pretty much a given
Old 03-28-2014, 06:03 PM   #645
jamal99
Valar Morghulis

There's a new excerpt from the Winds of Winter

http://www.georgerrmartin.com/excerp...nds-of-winter/

Didn't read it yet...
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: