Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 05-08-2007, 01:19 AM   #1
final.wrath
Banned

Default NBA 2k7: Rebuilding the Sonics

I picked the Sonics as my franchise team because I wanted to start from the ground up and face a big challenge as a GM.

The first move I made was a sign and trade deal with Portland. Portland has made it known they are going to look for a guy in free agency and Rashard specifically was mentioned. This was the deal I made:

Rashard Lewis SF (new sallary 15 million) - Portland is looking for a major SF and this guy is the best one available. Excellent shooter and above average defender. Will stretch the defense and make Roy/Randolph more effective inside.

for

Travis Outlaw SF/PF (new salary 9 million) - versatile slasher and defender, fairly young and can rebound the basketball
Martell Webster SG/SF (3 million) - seattle native who can hit the long range shot, but his shot selection has been pretty poor so far in his career.
Dan Dickau PG (3 Million) - thrown in the trade as filler, no plans for him to play any real role on the Sonics...but he'll get a chance for the backup PG spot.

The second trade I made was with Atlanta. They need a point guard and a big man and I gave up both.

Earl Watson PG (6.5 Mil) - I decided to go with Luke as our main PG because he is younger and a better scorer. Hawks desperately need a PG and Watson can do the job. Great defender and distributor, but he can be a chucker.
Nick Collison PF/C (2 mil) - Nick is a solid big man and he fills another need the hawks have. He's a decent player but you have to give something to get something.

for

Josh Childress SF/SG (4 million) -Josh had a great season this year but remains under the radar outside of Atlanta. He can rebound well and has a nice offensive game. Atlanta is willing to give him up to free up playing time for Marvin Williams, who took the starting spot as the 07 season came to a close.

I signed Josh Voshkul ,a solid backup center, for a little under the MLE. I needed him to replace Collison.

For the draft I took Yi Jianlian with the 6th pick. He should fit well with our running style and looks like he could turn into a star if he gets stronger. He will give the organization a financial boost as well due to the marketing possibilities in China.

New Lineup:

Ridnour/Wilkins/Dickau
Allen/Webster/Wilkins
Childress/Jianlian/Wilkins
Outlaw/Wilcox/Jianlian
Wilcox/Voshkul

Team Strategy:

I think the NBA is coming back to fastbreak basketball, and I think this team has the pieces to run and gun. Ridnour is most effective in transition and Childress/Outlaw will make this squad a much better rebounding team than last year. When Ray Allen's contract expires I will look for a major name on the free agent market and hopefully have a good enough team to be a factor in the playoffs.
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 11:16 AM   #2
Glove_20
The Expert

Default Re: NBA 2k7: Rebuilding the Sonics

Um. that makes Sonics worse...

I did something similar, here was my new team

Ridnour/Payton
Ray/Wilkins
Lewis/Wilkins
Gerald W/Collison
Wilcox/Petro

That team would rock
Glove_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 06:41 AM   #3
anonymouse
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Dude, how did you get real draft picks in your game???
anonymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 01:25 AM   #4
A-MATT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymouse
Dude, how did you get real draft picks in your game???

import the draft class from college basektball 2k7.
A-MATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 02:06 PM   #5
anonymouse
Can barely lace up my sneakers

He should re-do the season to get #2 and Durant :P
anonymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: