Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 06-19-2007, 02:09 PM   #1
funkylikemonkey
Football In The Groin

funkylikemonkey has an OK reputation so far
Default Josh McRoberts or Jason Smith

Who will be the better player? And what kind of players do you see them becoming?
funkylikemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 02:30 PM   #2
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Josh McRoberts or Jason Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkylikemonkey
Who will be the better player? And what kind of players do you see them becoming?

McRoberts will be better by a fair margin. Smith will be nothing more than a spot up mid range jumpshooter. See Krstic from a couple years ago.

McRoberts I see being a 20/9/3 player at best.

Smith I see being a 14/8/3 player at best. At his VERY best.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 03:15 AM   #3
monthh
Local High School Star

monthh has an OK reputation so far

McRoberts has a lot more upside, but Smith will step in and help out right away. I see McRoberts being a system guy because of his passing ability. If he reaches his potential, then he could be a 20/9/4 player. It would be like Webber with the Kings. However, he doesn't always play as hard as he should. That was clear in college. You could tell when he turned things on. That is a problem I think. I think he maxes out as a 14/7/4 guy in the right system to use his passing ability.

As for Smith, I see a solid, somewhat athletic center who will be a good scorer. I could see 14 points a game. I think he would be like maybe Zaza Pachulia type of player. A solid 12 and 7.
monthh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 03:23 AM   #4
WhiteMosɘs
Free Myanmar

WhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation here

20 9 and 3 is a pretty tight career that almost any player would be love to have....and i hope mcroberts pans out, i saw him in the all-american mcdonald's game he was awesome
WhiteMosɘs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 02:59 PM   #5
monthh
Local High School Star

monthh has an OK reputation so far

McRoberts has all the talent in the world. In a stretch against I believe UNC this year he was without a doubt the best player on the court. Brandan Wright, Hansbrough, Lawson, they couldn't touch him. If he did that for the entire year, I truly believe that the Sonics would have a tough decision to make. He could have been a 22, 11, and 5 player. When he is on, he finds open players with his passing skills, takes the ball and drives to the hoop with his athletic ability, runs in the open court with his ball handling ability, grabs rebounds with his rebounding ability, and knocks down jumpers with his shooting touch. When he is not playing hard though, he stands around, looks to pass every time he gets the ball, and crashes the boards well.

I just can't picture anyone else except Webber on those old Kings teams where he did a little bit of everything to make that offense flow so smoothly. Getting up the court on fast breaks, passing from the top of the key, attacking the basket, hitting open jumpers, rebounding, blocking shots. He did it all. McRoberts could be that type of player, but I don't think he will. He could be a 14, 7, and 4 guy in the right system as I said, but if not he will only be a backup bigman.
monthh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 01:55 PM   #6
lobster91
Can barely lace up my sneakers

lobster91 has an OK reputation so far

I just think both of these guys are going to drop into the second round
lobster91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 02:02 PM   #7
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

mcroberts
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 08:23 PM   #8
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

Josh McRoberts, Hands Down.
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: