Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Phoenix Suns Forum

Phoenix Suns Forum Phoenix Suns forum - Phoenix Suns message board

Old 07-13-2006, 07:28 PM   #1
truballer
Can barely lace up my sneakers

truballer has an OK reputation so far
Default salmons chooses toronto

Philadelphia Daily News - John Salmons has made his decision, and itís Toronto.

Salmons, a 4-year veteran with the 76ers, has agreed to a sign-and-trade that will send him to the Raptors, according to a report published by Phil Jasner of the Philadelphia Daily News. He chose Toronto over an opportunity to join the Phoenix Suns
truballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 08:55 PM   #2
New Jazzy Nets
New Uni's 2010-2011

New Jazzy Nets has an OK reputation so far

Lets see join a title contending team or the worst team in the league? Hmm tough decision I guess he wants to start and stink it up. He would have fit in PHX better. But if you could either back up TJ ford or Nash why would you choose to backup Ford? But then again he does play the 2 and the raptors desperatly need a 2. So I guess I understand him joining the Raptors now.
New Jazzy Nets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 09:41 PM   #3
The Italian
Defense? Whats that?

The Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Jazzy Nets
Lets see join a title contending team or the worst team in the league? Hmm tough decision I guess he wants to start and stink it up. He would have fit in PHX better. But if you could either back up TJ ford or Nash why would you choose to backup Ford? But then again he does play the 2 and the raptors desperatly need a 2. So I guess I understand him joining the Raptors now.

The Raptors aren't one of the best teams but come on they are definetly not the worst. The Raptors are better than New York, Philly, Atlanta, Charlette and Portland just to name a few. Maybe Salmons thought that he would get more playing time with the Raps.
The Italian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 10:42 PM   #4
Oakley34
I brick open layups

Oakley34 has an OK reputation so far

The raptors are definetly far from the worst team in the league. And Salmons was offered more cash from Toronto. The raps are also styling their play like the suns run and gun offense. Salmons probably can get more playing time in Toronto as well. Nash plays extensive minutes and Bell has the starting job at the 2. In toronto Salmons could compete for the starting 2 spot.
Oakley34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 11:18 PM   #5
sixerfan3511
Local High School Star

sixerfan3511 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Italian
The Raptors aren't one of the best teams but come on they are definetly not the worst. The Raptors are better than New York, Philly, Atlanta, Charlette and Portland just to name a few. Maybe Salmons thought that he would get more playing time with the Raps.

um id have to disagree with u that u guys are better than us(philly), cuz u aren't. but i will admit, u guys are a team on the rise, and that ford was a great pickup. Bargnani isnt gonna come in and average 15, but he will be good. Nesterovic is a servicable center, but nothing more, but any1 is an improvement to araujo and sow. And idk anything about parker but i heard hes pretty good and nba ready, plus u got salmons from us(i didnt want him anyways), he has potential but hasnt been close to meeting it, he plays good 1 game then bad in the next 4. So yeah, u guys are getting better but ur not better than us.
sixerfan3511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 09:54 AM   #6
Oakley34
I brick open layups

Oakley34 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixerfan3511
um id have to disagree with u that u guys are better than us(philly), cuz u aren't. but i will admit, u guys are a team on the rise, and that ford was a great pickup. Bargnani isnt gonna come in and average 15, but he will be good. Nesterovic is a servicable center, but nothing more, but any1 is an improvement to araujo and sow. And idk anything about parker but i heard hes pretty good and nba ready, plus u got salmons from us(i didnt want him anyways), he has potential but hasnt been close to meeting it, he plays good 1 game then bad in the next 4. So yeah, u guys are getting better but ur not better than us.

I agree that Philly has a better team based on last years results and i think any team with AI will always make the playoffs. based on the teams outlooks for the future Toronto has a lot of potential and philly is a sinking ship. By the end of last season we were playing just under .500 ball, around what philly was playing. Webber is fading quikly, Dalembert has a terrible contract and last year didn't show any value for it. AI might be gone, but i gotta love Igoudala (who should be a raptor if Babcock wasn't such an idiot).
Oakley34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 01:57 PM   #7
Pat Burke is GOD
I airball my layups

Pat Burke is GOD has an OK reputation so far

If we only still had Colangelo!
Pat Burke is GOD is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: