Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Seattle SuperSonics Forum

Seattle SuperSonics Forum Seattle Supersonics message board - sonics fan forum

Old 07-12-2006, 07:06 PM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default Sonics sign Mickael Gelabale, French swingman

http://www.insidehoops.com/gelabale-sonics-071206.shtml
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 11:53 PM   #2
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

RainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default and your point is...

time will tell if he pans out ((((yawn))))
RainierBeachPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 04:30 AM   #3
koichiii
I airball my layups

koichiii has an OK reputation so far

That's great ! I'm very happy for Gelabale.

I am a French guy and i live in Cholet (he made his pro debut with Cholet Basket). Gelabale is for real. He was very talented and everybody knew he would end in the NBA. He improved his game year by year : not very strong but very athletic, can really dunk, nice shot and a good defender.

He might not play a lot behind Ray Allen, but he will provide a lot off the bench.

And funny thing if you didn't know it. About his family name Gelabale : we pronounce it like "j'ai la balle" and it means "i have the ball". He was born for this sport :)
koichiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 05:10 AM   #4
Young HkM
Up in the Rafters

Young HkM is considered somewhat coolYoung HkM is considered somewhat cool

Well he must be worth something if we got offered a draft pick for his draft rights. Only time will tell...
Young HkM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 08:43 PM   #5
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

RainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default insight and comparison

Quote:
Originally Posted by koichiii
That's great ! I'm very happy for Gelabale.

I am a French guy and i live in Cholet (he made his pro debut with Cholet Basket). Gelabale is for real. He was very talented and everybody knew he would end in the NBA. He improved his game year by year : not very strong but very athletic, can really dunk, nice shot and a good defender.

He might not play a lot behind Ray Allen, but he will provide a lot off the bench.

And funny thing if you didn't know it. About his family name Gelabale : we pronounce it like "j'ai la balle" and it means "i have the ball". He was born for this sport :)

thanks for the insight koichiii---- in your opinion, who in the nba right now is he most like?
Old 07-14-2006, 11:22 AM   #6
koichiii
I airball my layups

koichiii has an OK reputation so far

Gelabale is a very athletic player. And thanks to that, he can defend, rebound and block shots. Hes a very smart player, hes a true team player, we dont see him often go one on one or force shots, if he is open hes gonna make shots, he has really gained confidence with his jump shot over the past two years.

But i think with his abilites he could penetrate more, he could be a very good slasher if he was more agressive.

i can't find a good comparison, but he's a little thin, very athletic, can shoot and defend, so i would say he's a Andre Iguodala with a more confident shot.

and i will tell you more about him when i'll see him play in the world championship in Japan next month.
koichiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 04:50 PM   #7
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

Default the other ai

i'd take a poor man's andre ig anyday

we'll see
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: