Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Golden State Warriors Forum

Golden State Warriors Forum Golden State Warriors message board - warriors fan forum

Old 06-20-2006, 01:25 AM   #1
DoubleTech
NBA lottery pick

Question which young talent has the most promise?

biedrins, diogu, ellis, pietrus.

four very talented young players who all play different positions.

who has the most potential out of the 4?

also, should GS rip apart their starting lineup to get these guys more minutes?

foyle, davis, richardson, dunleavy, etc, are just holding these guys back.

thoughts?
DoubleTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 12:55 PM   #2
Sportsmind
Can barely lace up my sneakers

I don't want to get too fired up, but it was an absolute joke what Foyle, Murphy and Dunleavy got extended for. This team is like the Knicks West without Larry Brown as coach. Both teams are good drafters that have no idea about contracts and maximizing their depth. And hiring Montgomery and still keeping him is an absolute joke. I still don't know why they got rid of Musselman, whom I a big fan of.

I like Murphy, but he's got to go. He's a solid rebounder, but I have never, ever seen as many horrible 3's in my life. You can't have two players on the same team, who arguably have the worst shot selections in the league (Baron). He does have some trade value though. There is no chance to trade Foyle or Dunleavy. Dunleavy regressed more than any player I have ever seen. Why would you ever give him that contract when no one else was willing to? It's the same deal as Taysuan Prince who had proven himself time and time again in the playoffs. Why didn't they let Dunleavy's final season play out? He would have been decent trade bait without the contract extension. Now I'm getting angry and fired up!

To answer your question, Ellis actually has the most upside from where he is now. They need to bench Foyle, Murphy and Dunleavy and go into the season with the following depth chart:

PG: Baron Davis, Derek Fisher
SG: Jason Richardson, Monta Ellis
SF: Mikael Pietrus, Mike Dunleavy
PF: Ike Diogu, Troy Murphy, Chris Taft
C: Andrian Biedrens, Adonal Foyle, Patrick O'Bryant(#9)

This way you have some starting offense(Davis, J-Rich, Biedrens) and defense (Diogu, Pietrus) and you have some veterans and scoring coming off the bench. Then run, run, run and attack the basket. They could be sooooo good with the proper coaching and by reigning in the three point shooting. The speed of this team is unguardable with the new rules.
Sportsmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 10:11 PM   #3
RS1
I Hit Open Layups

ellis is nuts wit his game... he lit up louis williams when they went at it in hs.. they gotta trade bdavis and start young boy ellis....louis williams will be good too
RS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 06:21 PM   #4
KnicksFan4Life
Banned

I would say Biedrins, the only problem is that his free throw shooting is atrocious
KnicksFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: