Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 02-14-2014, 12:59 AM   #1
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here
Default Jerry Rice - A Football Life

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5ccHb3FK3Y

Watched this video earlier tonight… Jerry Rice is the GOAT..
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 02:33 AM   #2
QUIZZLE
Sugar. Give me. Sugar.

QUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this board
Default Re: Jerry Rice - A Football Life

I'm not saying this to be a troll, to be a stan, but (I'm 23, only really saw Jerry in his Raider era) tell me why you think he's better than Randy Moss, T.O's of the world? What really set him apart?
QUIZZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 08:33 AM   #3
Bless Mathews
454 Dumper

Bless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUIZZLE
I'm not saying this to be a troll, to be a stan, but (I'm 23, only really saw Jerry in his Raider era) tell me why you think he's better than Randy Moss, T.O's of the world? What really set him apart?
Lol.

Best route runner in history. Hands down.

Speed. Hands.

Unmatched work ethic. In all of sports.

Just watch it.
Bless Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 11:13 AM   #4
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

He doesn't have the physical gifts Moss had (or TO for that matter)… He was a tireless worker & he was an excellent route runner.. Like Deion Sanders, Montana, Steve Young, and every one says in the video, All his routes looked the same. He didn't give DBs any hints… They all looked like go routes.. He didn't drop his hips or turn his head.. He made it near impossible to figure out what he was running until it was too late..

That takes incredible attention to detail.. Moss was too lazy to ever be that meticulous.. TO was a hard worker, but even he couldn't match Rice's work ethic

just watch the video.. the answers are in there
Old 03-14-2014, 02:45 PM   #5
1manfastbreak
just win

1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster

Jerry Rice has the mental fortitude and work ethic of a champion, Randy Moss and T.O. do not. Both have quit on teams in the past. IMO, Jerry Rice is the greatest to ever play the game.
1manfastbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 05:14 PM   #6
MavsSuperFan
NBA lottery pick

MavsSuperFan is popular on this boardMavsSuperFan is popular on this boardMavsSuperFan is popular on this boardMavsSuperFan is popular on this board

Quote:
Moss was better, he just got stuck with bad QBs the vast majority of his career.

Rice had Montana and Young for all of his prime.

WR is a dependant position.
MavsSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 06:53 PM   #7
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan
Moss was better, he just got stuck with bad QBs the vast majority of his career.

Moss wasn't better.. Moss had more natural talent...

Rice was better..

You say "Rice had Montana and Young for all of his prime"???

Moss played with Brett Farve and tom Brady... GTFO

He quit on plays and didn't have 1/2 the work ethic of Jerry Rice.. Jerry Rice was relentless..

I wont take credit from Montana and Young... But Rice is the constant between those two.. They both had him to rely on and he came thru time and time again

Randy Moss was not Jerry Rice's level..
Old 03-23-2014, 08:03 PM   #8
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan

Stupid post. Rice posted 1,000yd seasons 80 and 90 catch seasons at ages 39, 40 with Rich Gannon as his QB. Not that Gannon stunk, but he was no Montana or Young. And again check his age. You don't play that long and be that productive if you werent a great player like Rice was.

Otherwise your logic can be thrown at you. You claim Emmitt Smith was better than Barry Sanders. No Barry Sanders was better. Emmitt ran behind better OLs.

Checkmate
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: