Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 03-20-2014, 07:14 PM   #31
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

Default Re: How to improve your basketball confidence

Just play basketball thrice a week.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 04:39 AM   #32
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

I always pump up my confidence by reminding myself even the best players in the world only makes half their shots.

As for dribbling, just try to dribble less. Don't start dribbling right when you receive a pass. When you do dribble, dribble with intent. It shouldn't take you more than 3 dribbles to get your shot from anywhere on the (half) court.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 03:28 AM   #33
Smook A.
Hou Rox

Play basketball often.

Watch Michael Jordan highlights on YouTube.
Smook A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 04:41 PM   #34
Ai2death
I am ZeNs B*tch

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
I always pump up my confidence by reminding myself even the best players in the world only makes half their shots.

As for dribbling, just try to dribble less. Don't start dribbling right when you receive a pass. When you do dribble, dribble with intent. It shouldn't take you more than 3 dribbles to get your shot from anywhere on the (half) court.

So many ballers don't know this, they rush and dribble straight away like they have to be somewhere. I think the triple threat is a dying art.

I score most of my points out of the triple threat. Pump fake, jab, drive, pass or shoot. So many weapons at your disposal long before you've even put the ball on the floor.
Ai2death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 12:18 PM   #35
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason

Yep, my game totally changed after the first time I was put into a drill where it is a half court scrimmage where you can't take more than 3 dribbles. It really teaches you the importance of the triple threat and angles when attacking the hoop. To this day I doubt I ever take more than 5 dribbles without a pass or shot.

It is especially important for a young player's confidence because nothing is as demoralizing as getting your cookies taken.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 06:30 PM   #36
TylerTheCreator
Kids at the park dunk on me

This is one problem I've never had. I always believe that Im the best (more often than not I am). Act like Kobe.
TylerTheCreator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 09:10 AM   #37
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

Just continue practicing. And pick the most hardworking teammates in the Street.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 06:55 PM   #38
oarabbus
NBA sixth man of the year

Default Re: look, I suck. How to be improve you confidence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerOO
Dont play scared. Like mr beast said, once people notice you aren't confident or scared to turn it over, they are gonna start trapping you ever time they can.

I hate when people play like they are scared to **** up. I see people pass up open shots because they are scared to miss. Just be confident and act like you are the best player on the court.

What if you KNOW you're the worst player on the court. I'm not proud of it but 8/10 times that's the case. I got fcuked in terms of height genetics which is a major factor, but I mean there is no way for me to truly believe I'm the best or even top 3 in any game
oarabbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 09:13 PM   #39
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: look, I suck. How to be improve you confidence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oarabbus
What if you KNOW you're the worst player on the court. I'm not proud of it but 8/10 times that's the case. I got fcuked in terms of height genetics which is a major factor, but I mean there is no way for me to truly believe I'm the best or even top 3 in any game
In that case, I'd recommend knowing your limits and working to establish a few areas where you may be able to fill some holes for your team and provide a needed contribution. Ask yourself, what do I bring to the basketball court?

There's a lot of areas that go well beyond offensive skill and height. Getting back on defense, locking down on defense. Hustling toward loose balls. Pursuing rebounds even when it seems like they'll probably be out of reach. Cutting as a means of drawing defensive attention. Boxing out. Running the floor and filling lanes (even if you're not a good finisher, filling the lane will at least make the defender recognize you, which may open something up for someone else).

If you can establish what you're good at and what you're not good at, I think that's a good base for establishing confidence. You don't have to think you're the best player out there in order to be confident. But taking pride in one's role can go a long way.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: