Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-04-2007, 12:03 AM   #16
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Does Duncan need to add anything to his game???

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidonKs
Geeperbole?
That's pretty funny.

But Duncan does have terrible FT form.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 12:04 AM   #17
AppleNader
Cornell Basketball=#1

AppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputation

yes, the ability to singlehandedly beat international teams in Olympic competition.
AppleNader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 12:15 AM   #18
trig
Decent college freshman

trig has decent reputationtrig has decent reputation

he needs to add more years to his career so he can continue to prove that you can dominate the game w/o dominating the stats
trig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 12:26 AM   #19
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

he needs to quit griping about the fouls called on him so much. other than that, he's a great player. i don't really care for him though.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 12:52 AM   #20
poeticism707
Local High School Star

poeticism707 has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbot
he needs to quit griping about the fouls called on him so much. other than that, he's a great player. i don't really care for him though.

Most morons don't.
poeticism707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 01:16 AM   #21
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

How about more emotion? Not just when the refs call a foul on him but express himself with more anger and conviction.
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 01:22 AM   #22
poeticism707
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by hateraid
How about more emotion? Not just when the refs call a foul on him but express himself with more anger and conviction.

Most morons would agree.
Old 07-04-2007, 01:28 AM   #23
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by poeticism707
Most morons would agree.

You're a little sensative over TD, aren'tcha?
Old 07-04-2007, 01:37 AM   #24
poeticism707
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by hateraid
You're a little sensative over TD, aren'tcha?

LOL

Let's just say that with all the unfounded criticism he receives, and all the hard earned praised he has not received, yes: I am.

That being said, there is no excuse for my overreacting and lack of empathy toward a fellow human being, meaning yourself.

My sincerest and deepest apologies (to you and others, no matter if it was deserved or no).
Old 07-04-2007, 01:42 AM   #25
Penny4MVP2k
I hit open 5-footers

Penny4MVP2k has an OK reputation so far

Street Hunger
Penny4MVP2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 01:42 AM   #26
hateraid
Is it in you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by poeticism707
LOL

Let's just say that with all the unfounded criticism he receives, and all the hard earned praised he has not received, yes: I am.

That being said, there is no excuse for my overreacting and lack of empathy toward a fellow human being, meaning yourself.

My sincerest and deepest apologies (to you and others, no matter if it was deserved or no).

I wasn't offended at all. But I wasn't trying to slight Duncan.
If Duncan played with a little more conviction on the court, like let's say, a Charles Barkely, he'd be even more intimidating. Not only the physical, but the mental edge over his opponents. to go along with his skill he'd be potent. Like that," I'll **** you up," attitude like Larry and Jordan had.
Old 07-04-2007, 01:48 AM   #27
poeticism707
Local High School Star

That is why he is greater human being than Larry and Michael combined, and his accomplishments (4 titles, 2 mvps, 3 finals mvps, etc) are far more impressive: because TD has not used hatred to fuel his success.

Also, you may have have not been offended, but such impatience on my part offended myself.
Old 07-04-2007, 02:23 AM   #28
SCdac
Very good NBA starter

SCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputation

Yeah, his FT's could be better... but does it need to be? Apparently not. Guy's got four rings now.

Sure, he'll have his 4-10 or 6-13 every now and then, but he's also capable of going 5-7, 7-8, or 9-14 too.

Against Dallas last postseason, he went for 7-12 in the first game, 12-14 in the next, 10-15 in one game, 8-10 in the next. Not horrible at all. In the '05 championship run, he had a string of good FT shooting games. Starting at the end of the Sonics series, going into the Suns series. Shooting 14-17 in game six of round two, then going 8-10, 10-11, and 15-15 in a win against Phoenix.

He can hit FT's, he's just streaky and inconsistent (obviously). You want to see bad free throw shooting, take a look at Shaquille O'Neal, Ben Wallace, or Andris Beidrins (just watching him shoot them is tough enough). At least you can count on Duncan to swish a bunch of them by the end of a series, not just hoping they go in, or get that lucky bounce. I'll take Duncan's 63% over a horrendous 43% anyday.

As far as conviction goes, eh, perhaps that's what sets him apart from some of these other players. The Kenyon Martin's, the Amare Stoudemire's. "Groundhog Day" doesn't rely on or focus on (to whatever extent) a mental edge. He lets his game do the talking, and I can respect that. Players should talk less and do more. It doesn't matter if Rasheed Wallace can "guarantee" a win if he's not going to represent that on court... Who knows, maybe Duncan does take part in alot of talking and mental games, none of us are really on the court during games to know. I've seen him barking at opponents before, like any basketball player. Just never broadcasts it, never publicizes it. It's never at the forefront.

Last edited by SCdac : 07-04-2007 at 02:25 AM.
SCdac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 02:43 AM   #29
20 Dimes A Game
HeartHustleHope

20 Dimes A Game has an OK reputation so far

70% FT shooting and he's damn near perfect.
20 Dimes A Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 03:45 AM   #30
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

IDK if he needs anything but:

Three point range
A great crossover
A fadeaway
A pull up J
Tony Parker speed
Nate Robinson hops
and Michael's ability to change his shot mid-air.......

would all be nice
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: