Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Why do people think the Heat will be good?

Quote Originally Posted by JT123
    Because Kobe and Jordan stans are desperate to see one of Lebron's former teams be successful without him, or at least half way decent. In their deluded minds this would prove that Lebron isn't shit and make them feel more secure about the player they stan. Unfortunately it's never going to happen. It's not a coincidence that every team Lebron has left has fallen off a cliff immediately after his departure, while every team he has gone to goes from irrelevant to Championship contender that very season.
    Everyone said the Heat would win 50 something games last season too, yet they didn't come close. And before anyone tries to bring up the injury excuse the Heat sucked all year, and were below .500 in the games that Wade and Bosh both played in. This is the sad reality for Bron haters.
    STFU. The Heat had more starting lineups than any team in the league last season. They played exactly 8 games being relatively healthy and went 5-3. Of course they sucked all season, they were decimated with injuries starting from November. Who cares if Wade and Bosh are playing when there's a revolving door of players at every other position on a nightly basis. It's not pick-up ball and it's nearly impossible to have success without some degree of cohesion and continuity. By season's end, half of their rotation players weren't even in the league 6 months earlier.

If healthy, this year's team should be at worst a middle seed playoff team. My main concern is Spo. If he shows some semblance of competence, the Heat will likely be in the 50 win range.

BTW, the Heat made Lebron relevant, not the other way around.
    Last edited by GrapeApe; 10-16-2015 at 12:06 AM.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by CJ Mustard
    For some reason people think they're contenders or something. Mark my words, they will not finish top 4 in the conference. They are a lower seeded Playoff team, if at all tbh. Terrible spacing, an aging star who believes he's still as good as he was in his prime, a headcase at center, an overrated PG who had one great season. On talent, they might make the Playoffs I guess, but as a Bucks fan, I'm not even remotely worried about this team. No way they finish ahead of Cleveland, Chicago, Atlanta, or Milwaukee. Then there are teams like Toronto, Washington, Indiana, and Boston who will be in the same range as them. Could honestly see any of those teams finishing ahead of them too.

Will definitely bump this thread in several months when I end up being right.

We have people here thinking Kobe will be MVP next season and you consider these Heat fans delusional?

Quote Originally Posted by GrapeApe
    STFU. The Heat had more starting lineups than any team in the league last season. They played exactly 8 games being relatively healthy and went 5-3. Of course they sucked all season, they were decimated with injuries starting from November. Who cares if Wade and Bosh are playing when there's a revolving door of players at every other position on a nightly basis. It's not pick-up ball and it's nearly impossible to have success without some degree of cohesion and continuity. By season's end, half of their rotation players weren't even in the league 6 months earlier.

If healthy, this year's team should be at worst a middle seed playoff team. My main concern is Spo. If he shows some semblance of competence, the Heat will likely be in the 50 win range.
    I'm pretty sure the Bucks and Celtics had just as many injuries/lineup changes, yet they still made the playoffs.
    There are no excuses for missing the playoffs in the East. Period.

The Heat will struggle with chemistry throughout the year and may have to steal a few games for scant wins early in the season.

WayOfWade
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorP
    The Heat will struggle with chemistry throughout the year and may have to steal a few games for scant wins early in the season.
    This could happen. I highly doubt though that they'll struggle throughout the year, maybe through November/December, but not any longer beyond that.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Bookmarked for future ownage.

Yerp I agree

Only way I see them making noise is if Josh McBob is fully healthy and plays a ton of minutes

Fun fact when Mcroberts was on the Hornets he lead the league in passing and they made th post season. He was traded the following season and the Hornets offense COLLAPSED

Heat need chemistry for their weak attempt in collusion and I dont know if Dragic is the man for the job. He fast breaks way too much his BODY WILL NOT HOLD UP 82 games if he plays as reckless as he did last year.

If they stay healthy they will be a top-4 seed.