Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    NBA Superstar

Default Re: Tyson Gay's Daughter Killed after getting caught in a Crossfire in Kentucky

Quote Originally Posted by UK2K
    In your opinion, if she was shot by a white cop, would there be protests?

I think there would. Thoughts?
    If she was shot under dubious circumstances by ANY person in a position of power? Yes, there probably would be protests.

This isn't what happened though, and it's unreasonable to equate being killed by criminals to being killed by those enforcing the law.

Default Re: Tyson Gay's Daughter Killed after getting caught in a Crossfire in Kentucky

Quote Originally Posted by Orlando Magic
    You're kidding, right?

The entire point was that statistically, it is such an incredibly rare occurrence that it's a non issue, which is the exact opposite of what the media would have you believe.

The point was NOT that there are zero racist, criminal cops. [COLOR="Black"]Fuc[/COLOR]ks sake brah.
    Lol. I don't even get the premise based on the argument. How did we get to the chances of a person being struck by lightning from a 15 year old black girl being killed?

The point is that there is, IS outrage over a criminal killing an innocent person. But there is gonna be more outrage when an authority figure kills people they don't have to kill. How are you missing this?

Quote Originally Posted by ShawkFactory
    If she was shot under dubious circumstances by ANY person in a position of power? Yes, there probably would be protests.

This isn't what happened though, and it's unreasonable to equate being killed by criminals to being killed by those enforcing the law.
    So then one black life taken by a person of authority is now more important than one taken by the same people who would protest the former.

Got it.

That's been my argument this whole time... black lives matter when you can use them as political fodder.

Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls
    Lol. I don't even get the premise based on the argument. How did we get to the chances of a person being struck by lightning from a 15 year old black girl being killed?

The point is that there is, IS outrage over a criminal killing an innocent person. But there is gonna be more outrage when an authority figure kills people they don't have to kill. How are you missing this?

Year to Date
    Shot & Killed: 540
    Shot & Wounded: 2952
    Total Shot: 3492
    Total Homicides: 604

Coming up on 3,500 in Chicago so far this year. What's the magic number to trigger these protests?

Do police only shoot blacks?
    No. Never said they did.

Very good NBA starter Orlando Magic's Avatar

You don't get it and that's the problem. The instances of blacks getting gunned down by police for no reason other than being black are... statistical outliers AT ABSOLUTE BEST. It doesn't really happen. The problem is that the media and a large amount of the black community are acting as if it's happening on the daily. It's the entire reason we're having this stupid conversation.

I'm not missing it. You are. Objective reality isn't what your warped perspective deems it to be. We aren't discussing this because of an authority figures unjustly killing someone. We are discussing this because the perception is out there that it's a regular thing, BUT IT'S NOT!

Year to Date
    Shot & Killed: 540
    Shot & Wounded: 2952
    Total Shot: 3492
    Total Homicides: 604

Coming up on 3,500 in Chicago so far this year. What's the magic number to trigger these protests?
    There already have been protests. Summits, meetings. What the hell?

FYI there are multiple police officers in my personal life that have been on the force for 10+ years each that have never shot ANYONE and are strongly considering new careers out of fear of the idea that if they are ever in a position where they have to shoot a black person, their lives will be ruined.

Is that not a problem? I assure you, cops and future cops are thinking about this shit

Where's all the marches? Where are the protests?

Black lives matter sometimes, right? Something like that...

Guy I served with was working security at the club the girl definitely wasn't at.
    Little girl was shot and killed and that's the first thing that crosses your mind ...

You don't get it and that's the problem. The instances of blacks getting gunned down by police for no reason other than being black are... statistical outliers AT ABSOLUTE BEST. It doesn't really happen. The problem is that the media and a large amount of the black community are acting as if it's happening on the daily. It's the entire reason we're having this stupid conversation.

I'm not missing it. You are. Objective reality isn't what your warped perspective deems it to be. We aren't discussing this because of an authority figures unjustly killing someone. We are discussing this because the perception is out there that it's a regular thing, BUT IT'S NOT!
    Hey. You don't get to dictate what's a problem and what's not. I see it as a problem. When the police are shooting 12 year black kids playing with you toy guns, that's a problem. Even more, then they're being let go. You say it's rare, I say it's not rare enough. Especially when they don't have these kind of oops when the suspect is white.

FYI there are multiple police officers in my personal life that have been on the force for 10+ years each that have never shot ANYONE and are strongly considering new careers out of fear of the idea that if they are ever in a position where they have to shoot a black person, their lives will be ruined.

Is that not a problem? I assure you, cops and future cops are thinking about this shit
    Good.

NBA Superstar

So then one black life taken by a person of authority is now more important than one taken by the same people who would protest the former.

Got it.

That's been my argument this whole time... black lives matter when you can use them as political fodder.
    You're also treating everyone who says Black Lives Matter the same. The cause means different things to different people.

You have fools on the street beating on each other and rioting who hear "black lives matter" and glob onto it without really knowing what it means.

Then you have educated and/or peaceful black men and women (and whites for that matter) who see the lack of accountability in law enforcement and wish that something we're done about it.

These are vastly different groups of people, and it doesn't really have anything to do with politics, but more about what's right. At least that's what I gather from the educated people who follow this cause. The first group of people aren't necessarily recruited for the cause, they are just a negative side effect and they hurt what Deray Mckesson and Shaun King are peacefully preaching.

Most of the people you mentioned in your first paragraph likely don't even know who those two guys are.
    Last edited by ShawkFactory; 10-18-2016 at 11:06 AM.

Hey. You don't get to dictate what's a problem and what's not. I see it as a problem. When the police are shooting 12 year black kids playing with you toy guns, that's a problem. Even more, then they're being let go. You say it's rare, I say it's not rare enough. Especially when they don't have these kind of oops when the suspect is white.
    I was going to give you a reasonable response, but your argument has gone off the deep end.

To you, the Charlotte shooting was an oops. To everyone else, it wasn't.
    To you, the Baton Rouge shooting was an oops. To everyone else, it wasn't.
    To you, the Ferguson shooting was an oops. To everyone else, it wasn't.

You don't get to define the law as you see fit. You are not a judge, or a jury, nor do you have the slightlest clue about how our judicial system works.

Serious question... do you ever wonder if the media is just playing you to stir up your emotions? By the way they doctor video and audio and change shit to make it seem worse than it really is; does that not ever grab your attention and you think to yourself 'why would they want to do that?'.

I know why.
    Last edited by UK2K; 10-18-2016 at 11:07 AM.

Good.
    You have zero foresight. Good luck.

You have zero foresight. Good luck.
    Once departments have to start lowering the standards to attract new, less qualified recruits...

He'll be the first one bitching that the cops we have suck.

[QUOTE]With police tactics under scrutiny, morale is sagging and fewer recruits are signing up. Baltimore