Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Official 2012 NBA Draft Lottery Thread

Pistons too
    Davis,Knight and Greg Monroe
    Last edited by blablabla; 05-29-2012 at 02:24 PM.

I hope the Raptors or Cavs get it...An Anthony Davis, Jonas frontline would be something nice...Kyrie and Davis looks nice too

Why dont the conspiracy nutjobs tell me who Stern will rig the draft for? Idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    I hope the Raptors or Cavs get it...An Anthony Davis, Jonas frontline would be something nice...Kyrie and Davis looks nice too
    Wall passing to Nene/Davis is nice as well.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

I hope Bargnani is the Raptors rep at the lottery. I'd like to see the look on his face if the Raptors win the #1 pick to draft his immediate replacement.

3 Ball like Piatkowski dab0yech0's Avatar

David Stern will rig it, Hornets pick till be #1 and then the Twolves pick will be top 7 book it

Local High School Star cavsfanatic's Avatar

[QUOTE=GOBB]Why dont the conspiracy nutjobs tell me who Stern will rig the draft for? Idiots.
    QUOTE]
    Bobcats foo. How you think The Cavs won it last year?

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by midatlantic09
    Whoever gets the #1 pick should probably trade it in exchange for an already established or semi-established superstar player (preferably one under the age of 26). In my opinion, literally no one in this years draft is truly worthy of using a #1 pick on.
    I'm not getting the lack of love for Anthony Davis (and this draft) by some people on this board (not just you). Davis will step into the league with elite shotblocking ability and that is an absolutely massive asset for any NBA team, especially in today's league with its lack of good big men. On top of that, he also does pretty much everything else well for a big man. He has great athleticism, shows some potential with his touch, is very good around the basket on both ends of the court, and he even shows a nice handle for a big guy.

DraftExpress has said that he may be the best big-man prospect that they've seen in their 10 years scouting the draft. Watching him play, it is easy to see why.

Yet, some don't think his game will translate?

I will be forever indebted to the draft gods if they gift us AD the year after landing us Kyrie.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

The Warriors and Jazz were working on a trade involving the conveyance of a first round pick in the 2012 NBA Draft.

Golden State gets to keep their pick if it is in the top-seven, but it will be dealt to the Jazz if it is No. 8 or lower.

Sources say trade talks between the two sides are all but dead.

The Warriors have a 72.66% chance of keeping the pick based on odds released by the NBA.

Its the kings- for every reason there is

They saved a franchise w a new arena

The roster fits them perfect

Davis makes a non playoff team into a playoff team

West needs it right now

You dont want davis going to a team that needs him to be a #1 or 2 scorer, and putting him with Tyreke and Cousins and you have a new "next" team. Put him on the bobcats and hes under preforming until he gets traded. Bobcats need 3 more years in the top 5 before a # 1 pick will change the course of that franchise

Quote Originally Posted by It's A VC3!!!
    This draft has a chance to salvage Billy King.

I'm still in awe on how he felt giving up a top 5 pick for a 29 year old was a good idea.

Considering he could have signed Gerald Wallace in two months and still retained our pick.

I hope David Stern can continue his streak of rigging NBA drafts and bail Billy King and the entire Nets organization out tomorrow.

On a side note. If the Hornets or Nets recieve the first pick, we need to go on a rampage because that's all the evidence we need to determine that the draft lottery is rigged.

( Although I want the Nets to get it and could care less how it's done)
    I hope the Nets retains the pick

NBA Draft Lottery info: http://www.insidehoops.com/nba_draft_lottery.shtml

And here's the San Francisco Chronicle: "I don't think anyone within our organization believes in the NBA draft lottery conspiracy theories," Warriors general manager Bob Myers said, "but if we lose our pick, we might change our minds." Myers was joking, trying to lighten the stress of Wednesday's all-or-nothing lottery in which the Warriors lose their pick to Utah if it's not among the top seven. But many are being downright serious when they claim the league office has been fixing the lottery since its 1985 inception.
    Last edited by insidehoops; 05-30-2012 at 10:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DStebb716
    I think the boards (including myself) vastly underrate Davis just because he's ugly as f*ck
    no its not that...this message board is so NBA driven that the college game and its best players get very little respect. It seems like if the general perception is something like "Davis is going to be one of the best players in the nba someday" on this message board people will be quick to think "no, he is overrated..if he was so great he would've averaged 30 and 20 in college against scrubs"....but the college game is shorter with a longer shot clock, meaning much less possessions and opportunities to put up such stats..and great athletes have less space to operate in the ncaa than they will in the nba..plus someone like Davis, is so young and just in the early stages of his real development as a player that its hard to imagine him being better than someone like Amare to the average NBA fan, when in reality he will end up being so much better.

Every year, on this message board and others, a lot of posters either think its a "weak draft" or an overrated draft class and almost every year there are several standout rookies in the nba.

Anthony Davis is a no-brainer at #1 and there is no reason to believe that he won't be on an all-nba team sooner than later.

Quote Originally Posted by insidehoops
    San Francisco Chronicle:

"I don't think anyone within our organization believes in the NBA draft lottery conspiracy theories," Warriors general manager Bob Myers said, "but if we lose our pick, we might change our minds."

Myers was joking, trying to lighten the stress of Wednesday's all-or-nothing lottery in which the Warriors lose their pick to Utah if it's not among the top seven. But many are being downright serious when they claim the league office has been fixing the lottery since its 1985 inception.
    Even GMs are laughing at conspiracy wack jobs

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

I'm actually looking forward to it. I think Thomas Robinson is going to be the best player so whoever gets pick number 2 is really the winner IMO. I've been watching footage/videos of the guy and I'm really impressed. Also don't sleep on Drummond... I guess he dropped 22 pounds from season end until now.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Sportingnews: "Thomas Robinson a franchise player too"

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nba/stor...ise-player-too

They are saying he will likely have more impact on a team out of the gate than Davis.